applying 309 offshore partner visa from Malaysia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

applying 309 offshore partner visa from Malaysia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2019, 02:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From malaysia

2 likes received
2 likes given
applying 309 offshore partner visa from Malaysia

Hi,

Is there any one else who are applying for 309 partner visa from Malaysia?

Thank you.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

Hi Doreen, my partner was also lodge in Malaysia on 19/05/2018, we have one 9 months son. It has been almost 11 months. We have not heard anything from department😭😭😭


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From malaysia

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey1988 View Post
Hi Doreen, my partner was also lodge in Malaysia on 19/05/2018, we have one 9 months son. It has been almost 11 months. We have not heard anything from department😭😭😭
hi...how is it going for you now? my husband's application is now a year...6/6/18-6/6/19

__________________
Doreen Sutton

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

Hi Dorren, I received one generic email on 15/05/2019 request more evidence of the relationship for last 6 months. I provide some additional document on 16/05/2019 and 19/05/2019. There was no respond after that. It has been 13 months in this month. My boy turn one year old by this Saturday. I am so sick with the hopeless waiting. How is your one?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,030
Users Flag! From australia

813 likes received
254 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey1988 View Post
Hi Dorren, I received one generic email on 15/05/2019 request more evidence of the relationship for last 6 months. I provide some additional document on 16/05/2019 and 19/05/2019. There was no respond after that. It has been 13 months in this month. My boy turn one year old by this Saturday. I am so sick with the hopeless waiting. How is your one?
Recent 309 processing times are 75% under 13 months and 10% over 19 months.

However, I have seen that some of the longer times have been to people with a longer relationship; ie: 3 years at time of application, or 2 years with a child, again at time of application.

Do you come into that category?

The reason they take longer, (i've seen between 12 and 30 months recently), is that they then bypass the 309 and go direct to the 100 permanent visa, so effectively taking less time in total.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

We have been together since 2015, we got married on 2016. So It has been 2 years with child.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From malaysia

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Recent 309 processing times are 75% under 13 months and 10% over 19 months.

However, I have seen that some of the longer times have been to people with a longer relationship; ie: 3 years at time of application, or 2 years with a child, again at time of application.

Do you come into that category?

The reason they take longer, (i've seen between 12 and 30 months recently), is that they then bypass the 309 and go direct to the 100 permanent visa, so effectively taking less time in total.
hi...

i got married on the 15th of October 2017 (married for 8 months) & was 6 months pregnant at the time of lodgement (6/6/18) ...our marriage will turn 2 years this October & our baby will be a year old on 24th September 2019...that means, we do not fall under the long term relationship right? Even we have been in a relationship since 2014...

tq

__________________
Doreen Sutton

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From malaysia

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey1988 View Post
Hi Dorren, I received one generic email on 15/05/2019 request more evidence of the relationship for last 6 months. I provide some additional document on 16/05/2019 and 19/05/2019. There was no respond after that. It has been 13 months in this month. My boy turn one year old by this Saturday. I am so sick with the hopeless waiting. How is your one?
hi..

received generic email on the 6/6/19 (it marked a year) & no nothing other than that...waiting...

may i know what are those additional documents that they asked from you?


tq

__________________
Doreen Sutton

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

Hi Doreen, they ask for -evidence of your relationship with your spouse for last 6 months. 1. Financial Aspect
2. The nature of household
3. The nature of your commitment to each other.

Just like what we had provided as per the checklist when we lodge the application at the beginning . How is your one? Same thing?


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From malaysia

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey1988 View Post
Hi Doreen, they ask for -evidence of your relationship with your spouse for last 6 months. 1. Financial Aspect
2. The nature of household
3. The nature of your commitment to each other.

Just like what we had provided as per the checklist when we lodge the application at the beginning . How is your one? Same thing?
ohh....we have just updated ours in May...photos of our baby with visitors, our visit/trip to meet my uncle & brother...we also have updated them with our joint account also in May...so far nothing from them since the time of lodgement...frontloaded...my husband's health check 20th june 2018, soon will be a year...police check 9th of july 2018...pheww....feeling nervous!

__________________
Doreen Sutton

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying from Malaysia (Waiting group) Onshore 820/801 Hello2017 Visas and immigration 34 04-29-2019 04:38 AM
Applying from Malaysia Island Girl Visas and immigration 3 05-06-2016 08:16 AM
Malaysia Offshore Partner Visa vs Onshore Partner Visa feng4ver Visas and immigration 2 08-20-2014 08:55 AM
Working in Malaysia, while submitting Partner Visa (309/100) in the Philippines armedup Visas and immigration 0 08-07-2014 05:43 AM
Applying for 309/100 from Malaysia. Stillwaiting79 Visas and immigration 3 07-02-2011 11:29 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com