Australian Citizenship 2019 and onward applications - Page 25

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree86Likes

Australian Citizenship 2019 and onward applications - Page 25


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #241 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 03:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duszek View Post
Test taken on the 1st November 2019 (approved on the same day) at DoHA in Brisbane.
So, test 5 months after application, and Ceremony another 3 months after that. Total 8 months.. Not too bad. Hope we get similar or better, as waiting lists drop.

Thanks for that.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #242 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 05:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 687
Users Flag! From kenya

160 likes received
87 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duszek View Post
Hi,

I was approved on the 1st November and because I didn't get an invitation for the Australia Day ceremony I called DOHA and the officer lady told me that I am not on the list for the Australia Day Ceremony but the next one which is 8th February. She also said that the letter has been posted on the day I called which was 9th January and to expect to receive it in the next 10 business days.

I am in Brisbane.
That is awesome. So there is a ceremony in February in Brisbane.

I thought HA don't give us any information regarding the ceremony days.

Is there a different number you called other than the normal Homeaffairs number?


Congratulation.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #243 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Duszek's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 84
Users Flag! From poland

23 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassali.abdi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duszek View Post
Hi,

I was approved on the 1st November and because I didn't get an invitation for the Australia Day ceremony I called DOHA and the officer lady told me that I am not on the list for the Australia Day Ceremony but the next one which is 8th February. She also said that the letter has been posted on the day I called which was 9th January and to expect to receive it in the next 10 business days.

I am in Brisbane.
That is awesome. So there is a ceremony in February in Brisbane.

I thought HA don't give us any information regarding the ceremony days.

Is there a different number you called other than the normal Homeaffairs number?


Congratulation.
Just normal DoHA number. Will let you know when I receive the letter!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

18th June 2018 - PR Granted
27th June - Applied for Citizenship

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #244 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 01:02 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From india

9 likes received
Eligible 23 October 2019
Applied on 23 October 2019
Test date and interview email received on 12 November 2019
Done test and interview on 11 December 2019 in Centrelink tweed heads (passed 100%)
From regional NSW , was not able to reschedule my test date as I applied from regional area
Still waiting for approval from more than a month now . Can anyone tell me why it takes longer to get approved if we do test and interview in Centrelinks ?


Reply With Quote
  #245 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Hello Friends

Just joined today.

Eligible to apply in March. Wants to ask do I need to renew passport of my son which is expiring in June 2020.


Reply With Quote
  #246 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 02:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkagg View Post
Hello Friends

Just joined today.

Eligible to apply in March. Wants to ask do I need to renew passport of my son which is expiring in June 2020.
Unless things have changed, you don't need a current passport.

When I did my citizenship, some years ago, my own passport had expired 4 years earlier.
I asked for an expedited Citizenship and passport process at the time, explaining that I didn't have a valid passport.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #247 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 AM
Duszek's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 84
Users Flag! From poland

23 likes received
40 likes given
Hi all. I received my invitation today. 8th Feb - Brisbane.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

18th June 2018 - PR Granted
27th June - Applied for Citizenship

Reply With Quote
  #248 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2020, 01:18 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From china

5 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duszek View Post
Hi all. I received my invitation today. 8th Feb - Brisbane.
Do you mind to share more timeline info? thanks


Reply With Quote
  #249 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From serbia

24 likes received
24 likes given
Sooo it has been approved today
YAY not long wait 5th feb 2016 - 21st Jan 2020
thanx for support!!!!

s4161441 and Vessna56 like this.
__________________
From: SERBIA,
applied for citizenship on 16.9.19
interview and test 6.1.20

Reply With Quote
  #250 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 05:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick1992 View Post
Eligible 23 October 2019
Applied on 23 October 2019
Test date and interview email received on 12 November 2019
Done test and interview on 11 December 2019 in Centrelink tweed heads (passed 100%)
From regional NSW , was not able to reschedule my test date as I applied from regional area
Still waiting for approval from more than a month now . Can anyone tell me why it takes longer to get approved if we do test and interview in Centrelinks ?
Not sure why this happens, but I'm in the same boat as I also took test at Centrelink office and haven't t received approval after several weeks. My guess is that those taking test at Centrelink generally receive faster invites and all of the necessary checks may not be complete by the time they take test. Then again I have seen applicants applying who took test at a DOHA office, rescheduling their test early, and receiving their approval on the test day just a few months after applying. Safe to say the system is neither consistent nor fair.

Please keep us updated on when you finally receive approval


Last edited by AUSA0000; 01-21-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prospective Marriage visa 2019 Applications Moosa&Sid New member introductions 1 02-13-2019 12:17 AM
RRV Expiring 2019 gti Visas and immigration 4 05-26-2018 07:56 PM
eVisitor visa and onward travel blubb125 Visas and immigration 1 08-21-2012 08:40 PM
difference in permanent applications and provisional applications multani Visas and immigration 1 05-05-2009 12:02 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:17 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com