Agent vs Self - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree14Likes

Agent vs Self - Page 2


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Thanks for the replies everyone. Appreciate it. Hopefully we will join those waiting in the PMV forum shortly 🙂


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,038
Users Flag! From canada

1479 likes received
145 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nourbilel View Post
What do you mean nowhere near it?
I assume he means his fees would be nowhere near the $8300+ costs of your visa applications. If the agent(s) you have spoken to have quoted numbers like that for their services, you may want to shop around.

wrussell, JandE and LadyRogueRayne like this.
__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nourbilel View Post
Hi all, I wanted some opinions on using a immigration agent. My fiance and I are looking to start the PMV process, but am unsure if paying the additional costs of using an agent to assist in the process will add a lot to our application. I wanted to hear some opinions and experiences. I like the idea of a little more peace of mind, but the cost could almost pay for
the DOHA application fee so it's quite significant (the agent fee would be for PMV, tourist visa and temp partner visa). <img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" />
Hi in my case I never asked help from an agent, but we did it ourselves through application online by creating my own Immi account from the beginning of my visitor visa and the extension up to 12 months then before it finish I applied for partner visa. PV cost like 7k+ aud and yet if you go for an agent some cost like 15k aud ..i mean thats a lot of money while you can do it your own,they will give you all the requirements needed for applying ..so if ever you miss something they will send you notification on your immi acct but make sure to check and you provide everything they require you..very easy though some questions are all repeated with the previous application ..just be more specific with each attachments. The processing would normally take like 22- 26 months if there is completion of requirements.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,013
Users Flag! From australia

807 likes received
254 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligayashitt View Post
Hi in my case I never asked help from an agent, but we did it ourselves through application online by creating my own Immi account from the beginning of my visitor visa and the extension up to 12 months then before it finish I applied for partner visa. PV cost like 7k+ aud and yet if you go for an agent some cost like 15k aud ..i mean thats a lot of money while you can do it your own,they will give you all the requirements needed for applying ..so if ever you miss something they will send you notification on your immi acct but make sure to check and you provide everything they require you..very easy though some questions are all repeated with the previous application ..just be more specific with each attachments. The processing would normally take like 22- 26 months if there is completion of requirements.
Most PMV's take a lot less than the 22- 26 months you mention.
50% of those granted this year, from people on this forum, have taken between 2.5 and 7.9 months. Most of the rest were under 12 months.

With the agents fees, your $15k sounds very high. I have heard closer to $3k, which I feel is high.
I have seen figures between $1,200 and $2,700 depending on actual work involved.


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,744
Users Flag! From australia

1403 likes received
399 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligayashitt View Post
so if ever you miss something they will send you notification on your immi acct
They are not required to contact you for something that you "missed" except police and medical requirements.

They can make a decision at anytime after application on the information provided - they have refused many due to lack of information provided.

Agent or not? well it depends on the case and then how much homework you are willing to do.

If I were to apply for another Partner Visa, I would need a very good Registered Migration Agent - even though I probable know the system better than most.


Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 4,168
Users Flag! From australia

731 likes received
349 likes given
Quote:
They can make a decision at anytime after application on the information provided - they have refused many due to lack of information provided.
That is correct.
As a rule if the 'core' documents have been provided and a delagate wants more information about some aspect of an application a Section.56 request for further information is usually sent, but don't bet on it.

LadyRogueRayne likes this.
__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
9 likes given
It's very much a personal choice. But it's a stressful business applying for a visa and I chose to use an agent. Like anything, of course you have to pay.

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 258
Users Flag! From uk

14 likes received
I doubt that it is much less stressful using an agent as then nedd to communicate with 2 parties and not fully in control. If a person can earn more in his work or business in any time saved by using an agent , it makes sense to use one . But agent or no agent , a visa will not be granted if all the conditions are not satisfied . Only people who are wealthy would pay
well over $7000 if they were not sure their relationship was genuine or might not pass other tests such as medical , police etc .. One agent on one of the threads seemed unaware of the "no further stay" condition and hence hardly an expert ( maybe an exception ) .


Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,744
Users Flag! From australia

1403 likes received
399 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
I doubt that it is much less stressful using an agent as then nedd to communicate with 2 parties and not fully in control. If a person can earn more in his work or business in any time saved by using an agent , it makes sense to use one . But agent or no agent , a visa will not be granted if all the conditions are not satisfied . Only people who are wealthy would pay
well over $7000 if they were not sure their relationship was genuine or might not pass other tests such as medical , police etc .. One agent on one of the threads seemed unaware of the "no further stay" condition and hence hardly an expert ( maybe an exception ) .
Without a doubt every RMA that posts regularly on this forum knows all about 8503 condition - No Further Stay.

Can you recall the thread?


Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,013
Users Flag! From australia

807 likes received
254 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
I doubt that it is much less stressful using an agent as then nedd to communicate with 2 parties and not fully in control. If a person can earn more in his work or business in any time saved by using an agent , it makes sense to use one . But agent or no agent , a visa will not be granted if all the conditions are not satisfied .
A good agent will not submit the application unless ALL conditions are not satisfied. That gives a good chance of a visa being granted.

Many DIY'ers submit and do not even include all the essential documents, presumably because they don't know exactly what is needed.

Hence, a reduction in stress. You know the application is complete with nothing missing, and the agent deals with the department, not you.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Communication with Immigration - Self/Agent tej77 Visas and immigration 2 02-16-2018 10:32 AM
189 Self Formal Self Statutory Declaration TanyaGL Visas and immigration 1 03-22-2016 07:31 AM
Partner Visa Application - Agent or self? sesame Visas and immigration 8 10-22-2013 02:32 PM
Using a migration agent VS not using a migration agent kayjay Visas and immigration 3 03-27-2013 12:47 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com