Agent vs Self - Page 4

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree17Likes

Agent vs Self - Page 4


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
From what I have seen, some people do little research.
Others can't prove relationship for various reasons. I saw one the other day, where the married couple have seperate addresses in the same area, and thought it would be OK.

Sometimes little mistakes look big to the CO.

One in ten being a fake relationship, although unlikely, is not impossible either.

A combination of various reasons is very feasible.
I see . They would have separate addresses if living in different countries , eg OZ and a European country but odd if they live in same area assuming both NOT in OZ . Of course amazingly Immigration are not aware that there are old fashioned people
who do not believe in sex before marriage or living in same house before marriage . Probably young officers have never heard about this and might be to do with religion ! Any relationship could be fake but will be very rare I think . maybe an old man bringing in a young beautiful woman would arouse suspicion if man was not super
rich ! ( smile ) .


Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
I see . They would have separate addresses if living in different countries , eg OZ and a European country but odd if they live in same area assuming both NOT in OZ . Of course amazingly Immigration are not aware that there are old fashioned people
who do not believe in sex before marriage or living in same house before marriage . Probably young officers have never heard about this and might be to do with religion ! Any relationship could be fake but will be very rare I think . maybe an old man bringing in a young beautiful woman would arouse suspicion if man was not super
rich ! ( smile ) .
may I ask how you knew aboout the separate addreesses case as I thought it would be secret and confidential ? Or did the applicant tell you ?


Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
From what I have seen, some people do little research.
Others can't prove relationship for various reasons. I saw one the other day, where the married couple have seperate addresses in the same area, and thought it would be OK.

Sometimes little mistakes look big to the CO.

One in ten being a fake relationship, although unlikely, is not impossible either.

A combination of various reasons is very feasible.
and to do little research when visa is mind boggling is almost crinimal ! ( smile )


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,586
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
may I ask how you knew aboout the separate addreesses case as I thought it would be secret and confidential ? Or did the applicant tell you ?
Posted publicly. The odd fact was they they did live together, but were using separate addresses on the application, one was using the parents address, for convenience for mail.

It shows that not everyone realises the importance of everything appearing right as well as being right.

Reasons for Partner Visa Refusals

The most common reason for visa refusals is failing to provide enough, and the right kind of, evidence with your application.

Fake documentation is another major cause of a visa rejection.
Not replying to documentation requests in time, is another cause of refusals.
A visa application can also be rejected for criminal history or health problems.


The above shows that a 1 in 10 rejection is quite feasible. But three of those reasons should be alleviated by using an agent.

Some applicants of course, are able to deal with the last three with ease, but the first one, "enough of the right evidence" is the main worry for most of us. With no experience, we don't really know how much evidence is needed.


Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 11:39 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,361
Users Flag! From australia

2365 likes received
164 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
and to do little research when visa is mind boggling is almost crinimal ! ( smile )
But that's the reality of it. I get contacted regularly by people who have met the love of their life while on holidays overseas, get married within weeks and then believe that, as an Australian citizen, they "have the right" to bring their partner to Australia. They will face a very painful reality check, especially if they have a low income and no savings. The fact is that most Australians don't have a clue about the migration system until they actually have to deal with it and many are simply not equipped to navigate their way through it.

wrussell, JandE and konji__ like this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,586
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
But that's the reality of it. I get contacted regularly by people who have met the love of their life while on holidays overseas, get married within weeks and then believe that, as an Australian citizen, they "have the right" to bring their partner to Australia. They will face a very painful reality check, especially if they have a low income and no savings. The fact is that most Australians don't have a clue about the migration system until they actually have to deal with it and many are simply not equipped to navigate their way through it.
At least by going to you first, they can save themselves from wasting the $7,000+ on a doomed application.


Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2019, 12:01 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,361
Users Flag! From australia

2365 likes received
164 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
At least by going to you first, they can save themselves from wasting the $7,000+ on a doomed application.
Exactly. Once they get over the initial shock, we can usually work out a suitable strategy for them. For many people it is an incredibly long and difficult journey, especially if they are not used to deal with official documentation and have less than average compute skills.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
sorry but the things you mention are avoided through common sense and does not even need a high IQ. On the different address , some people have a postal address different from the address where they are living and just need to explain that to officer .I find it hard to believe that a visa application could be rejected IF that was SOLE reason . If agents fees were not so high , many more people might use them for convenience and perhaps less stress , ie law of dimiishing returns I guess. If an officer has prejudices or preconceived ideas or stereotypes about certain nationalities, using an agent would not help IMO .


Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Posted publicly. The odd fact was they they did live together, but were using separate addresses on the application, one was using the parents address, for convenience for mail.

It shows that not everyone realises the importance of everything appearing right as well as being right.

Reasons for Partner Visa Refusals

The most common reason for visa refusals is failing to provide enough, and the right kind of, evidence with your application.

Fake documentation is another major cause of a visa rejection.
Not replying to documentation requests in time, is another cause of refusals.
A visa application can also be rejected for criminal history or health problems.


The above shows that a 1 in 10 rejection is quite feasible. But three of those reasons should be alleviated by using an agent.

Some applicants of course, are able to deal with the last three with ease, but the first one, "enough of the right evidence" is the main worry for most of us. With no experience, we don't really know how much evidence is needed.
but a flaw with your argument if you do not mind me saying is this . Most couples have separate addresses simply because they live in diferent countries , eg man in OZ and woman in Ukraine or wherever . they can only meet occasionally because of huge distance and big travel costs . My old friend in Perth had a fiancee from Vietnamm and only met her once in person on a visit there . he made many mistakes and Immigration had to raise many queries but he still got fiancee visa ( PMV) in the end as he satisfied the main conditions , ie he had own house and got the assurance of support from someone as he had limited savings . The question Immigration ask about why a couple are NOT living together is a ludicrolus question as answer is obvious .My friend in Toowoomba had a Ukrainian partner and she replied " we can not be together until you give me a visa " ! A cheeky reply to a silly question and surprising they still ask it . he had visited his fiancee once .


Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
but a flaw with your argument if you do not mind me saying is this . Most couples have separate addresses simply because they live in diferent countries , eg man in OZ and woman in Ukraine or wherever . they can only meet occasionally because of huge distance and big travel costs . My old friend in Perth had a fiancee from Vietnamm and only met her once in person on a visit there . he made many mistakes and Immigration had to raise many queries but he still got fiancee visa ( PMV) in the end as he satisfied the main conditions , ie he had own house and got the assurance of support from someone as he had limited savings . The question Immigration ask about why a couple are NOT living together is a ludicrolus question as answer is obvious .My friend in Toowoomba had a Ukrainian partner and she replied " we can not be together until you give me a visa " ! A cheeky reply to a silly question and surprising they still ask it . he had visited his fiancee once .
I would not have advised her to reply in that way as might seem insulting to an officer or he might be the mean spirited type or moody on the day with a hige workload ! ( smile ) . But hard to say other than " we live in different countries and it is reason why we do not live in same house " . ( smile )


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Communication with Immigration - Self/Agent tej77 Visas and immigration 2 02-16-2018 10:32 AM
189 Self Formal Self Statutory Declaration TanyaGL Visas and immigration 1 03-22-2016 07:31 AM
Partner Visa Application - Agent or self? sesame Visas and immigration 8 10-22-2013 02:32 PM
Using a migration agent VS not using a migration agent kayjay Visas and immigration 3 03-27-2013 12:47 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com