IMMI Portal - How to sponsor/endorse application 820/801 Partner VISA

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

IMMI Portal - How to sponsor/endorse application 820/801 Partner VISA


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 03:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

IMMI Portal - How to sponsor/endorse application 820/801 Partner VISA

So my wife and I lodged her VISA onshore. I had read on this forum before that as the "sponsor" I then need to create my own IMMI profile and endorse/sponsor her after her application is submitted.

I was a little unclear on how this is done because when we did her application together it didn't mention anything about this but I do recall reading it on the forum.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 04:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus512 View Post
So my wife and I lodged her VISA onshore. I had read on this forum before that as the "sponsor" I then need to create my own IMMI profile and endorse/sponsor her after her application is submitted.

I was a little unclear on how this is done because when we did her application together it didn't mention anything about this but I do recall reading it on the forum.
Did you follow the step by step guide on the website? Be sure to toggle the "Sponsor" switch at the top right hand corner to get your specific checklist.

You don't have to create a new immi account. The sponsor can create the sponsor application via the same immi account or their own. No way is better than the other and it makes no difference which you do.

You click create new application -> Family -> Sponsorship for partner visa option. When filling the form, anytime it says "applicant" details, they mean the person actually applying for the visa (so not the sponsor).


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,579
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus512 View Post
So my wife and I lodged her VISA onshore. I had read on this forum before that as the "sponsor" I then need to create my own IMMI profile and endorse/sponsor her after her application is submitted.

I was a little unclear on how this is done because when we did her application together it didn't mention anything about this but I do recall reading it on the forum.
Some people create a new IMMI profile for a sponsor, but others just do the sponsor application on the Applicants IMMI account.

We chose the latter, and just added the sponsor application into the applicants IMMI account.

I can't recall exactly now, but I think there was an option for new application, and under type, we would have chosen sponsor..

Maybe someone who has done one recently can advise better. ( I see that has just been done)

The applicants application had to be done first, and payment received, before we could begin the sponsor one


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 01:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

Ok guys. Oddly I'm bringing this up again quite a while after I originally posted it. Going through the sponsor part now and..................to be honest I do not see any fields that match my situation.

Under the family dropdown there is Sponsorship for a Family Member (870) i mean maybe but that doesn't seem correct.

Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia. Seems the most appropriate but again my wife is already here and has been for 5 years and we are already married.

So I'm not seeing the one I should choose as all the options seem very incorrect for my particular circumstances?

See attached screenshot. Thank you all.

OR if the attached is too small on this forum the link for same pciture in proper definition is here.

https://cl.ly/272ec849d115
Attached Thumbnails
IMMI Portal - How to sponsor/endorse application 820/801 Partner VISA-screen-shot-2019-09-02-11.27.25-am.jpg  


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 01:52 AM
navman's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus512 View Post
Ok guys. Oddly I'm bringing this up again quite a while after I originally posted it. Going through the sponsor part now and..................to be honest I do not see any fields that match my situation.

Under the family dropdown there is Sponsorship for a Family Member (870) i mean maybe but that doesn't seem correct.

Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia. Seems the most appropriate but again my wife is already here and has been for 5 years and we are already married.

So I'm not seeing the one I should choose as all the options seem very incorrect for my particular circumstances?

See attached screenshot. Thank you all.

OR if the attached is too small on this forum the link for same pciture in proper definition is here.

https://cl.ly/272ec849d115
You have to select "Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia". If you see at the end, you'll find your visa subclass 820/801.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 02:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,579
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus512 View Post
Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia. Seems the most appropriate but again my wife is already here and has been for 5 years and we are already married.
She may be in Australia, but she has not yet migrated here, so you need to select "Partner to Migrate".

I assume she is on a temporary visa.

__________________
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:37 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,361
Users Flag! From australia

2365 likes received
164 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
"Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia" is the correct option.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 06:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navman View Post
You have to select "Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia". If you see at the end, you'll find your visa subclass 820/801.
Cheers man. Just triple checking but are you sure because how IMMI has named that seems very incorrect.
It suggests wife/partner/whomever is not in Australia and you're trying to get them here.

My wife is already here and has been for some 5 odd years. But if you're really confident that's the one then I'll go for it.

There isn't additional cost for me to fill this out right? I believe its all covered under the one application and one cost.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 345
Users Flag! From uk

91 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus512 View Post
Cheers man. Just triple checking but are you sure because how IMMI has named that seems very incorrect.
It suggests wife/partner/whomever is not in Australia and you're trying to get them here.

My wife is already here and has been for some 5 odd years. But if you're really confident that's the one then I'll go for it.

There isn't additional cost for me to fill this out right? I believe its all covered under the one application and one cost.
Triple confirmed! You are trying to get them permanent residence.

No additional cost (under the current system).

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner 820/801 - Immi request For AFP Check Liiza Visas and immigration 10 08-16-2019 01:58 AM
Pathway to 820/801: Student Visa->820/801 OR Student Visa->485->820/801 PrettyIsotonic Visas and immigration 0 10-02-2018 02:26 AM
Question regarding Citizenship application online portal DelinquentTurtle Visas and immigration 4 03-14-2018 09:43 AM
820/801 Visa. Should I submit more supporting evidence or waiting for IMMI request? quethaochi Visas and immigration 11 07-14-2015 06:22 AM
Can a sponsor fill in a "my health declarations" application on sponsors IMMI account CebuVic Visas and immigration 3 11-01-2014 04:38 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com