Lengthy wait on PMV visa - Page 4

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

Lengthy wait on PMV visa - Page 4


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by anashin View Post
Im a Filipino national and visa applications in the Philippines do really take long (for most cases) however when I moved to Dubai to work, visa applications were all easy and smooth. I didn't get any tourist visa rejections when I applied for US, Japan, Korea, Schengen, UK, Aus etc.
I feel that your previous travel history might have helped you too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anashin View Post
I submitted our PMV on January 2018, knowing that it won't be looked at as it was incomplete. Yes, I lodged our application with incomplete documents. June 2018 I went to Aus for a visit and also to do the NOIM paperwork. June 2018, we've submitted all our pending documents. At that time, there was no contact from the CO at all.
We actually did the same, and did not submit the NOIM with the application. We did that after arriving in Australia on a visitor visa, about 4/5 months later.

We got a request/reminder from Immigration for the NOIM, a few hours after we landed in Australia.


Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 65
Users Flag! From philippines

12 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I feel that your previous travel history might have helped you too..


We actually did the same, and did not submit the NOIM with the application. We did that after arriving in Australia on a visitor visa, about 4/5 months later.

We got a request/reminder from Immigration for the NOIM, a few hours after we landed in Australia.
The travel history might have helped, yes. I agree.

Another one good thing about applying visa (Aus) in Dubai is you can actually contact the CO. I remember when one of my tourist visa took almost a month of processing, I called the consulate to check the status and they transferred me directly to the CO. She said I missed to upload the salary certificate and that if I upload it before the cut off time that day, she will send me the grant notice. Now, I think that they (Dubai Aus consulate) do not really send reminders and just wait for you to upload all the requirement documents, cause I haven't received one at all. Not sure for the others though.

__________________
PMV lodged: Jan 23 2018 (Dubai)
PMV submission of all complete docs: Jun 16 2018
PMV grant: Aug 1 2018 (2 hours after the CO's call)
Entry to Aus: Oct 4 2018
820 lodged: Dec 25 2018
820 grant: Apr 10 2019 (Without CO contact and no further documents requested)
801 eligibility: Dec 2020

Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by anashin View Post
The travel history might have helped, yes. I agree.

Another one good thing about applying visa (Aus) in Dubai is you can actually contact the CO. I remember when one of my tourist visa took almost a month of processing, I called the consulate to check the status and they transferred me directly to the CO. She said I missed to upload the salary certificate and that if I upload it before the cut off time that day, she will send me the grant notice. Now, I think that they (Dubai Aus consulate) do not really send reminders and just wait for you to upload all the requirement documents, cause I haven't received one at all. Not sure for the others though.
Your mention of salary certificate puzzles me. We never had anything like that, which is just as well, as neither of us were working.

Is this something new for the PMV? We did ours in 2015.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 72
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
1 likes given
Hi JandE

Just wondering whether you had contacts from the case officer (co) during your pmv application process?

I've contacted the Dept to enquire the progress of my application ie whether it has been allocated to a co but no avail. It makes it so hard to know how far ahead to nominate the wedding date... it's the second time I had to change the wedding date due to the uncertainty of when the visa will be granted and there's fees for changing the NOIM registration, so annoying.

Regards
NB


Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2019 View Post
Hi JandE

Just wondering whether you had contacts from the case officer (co) during your pmv application process?

I've contacted the Dept to enquire the progress of my application ie whether it has been allocated to a co but no avail. It makes it so hard to know how far ahead to nominate the wedding date... it's the second time I had to change the wedding date due to the uncertainty of when the visa will be granted and there's fees for changing the NOIM registration, so annoying.

Regards
NB
Only to request our NOIM, as we didn't lodge it with everything else.

Most people who lodge everything up front don't get any contact.

It was a different person who did the grant, so it isn't just one individual case officer.


Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 72
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
1 likes given
Much appreciated your speedy response as always

I thought the NOIM was one of the mandatory/ required document so lodged it upfront. Also thought it would be considered favourably/strong evidence that our relationship is genuine.

Regards
NB


Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2019 View Post
Much appreciated your speedy response as always

I thought the NOIM was one of the mandatory/ required document so lodged it upfront. Also thought it would be considered favourably/strong evidence that our relationship is genuine.

Regards
NB
They do say that, but we wanted to arrange the wedding together, in Australia, so we said we needed time to supply it and would apply for a visitor visa so we could do it together in Australia.

We ran the risk of delaying the PMV due to that, but felt it might increase the chance of a visitor visa for that purpose, while the PMV was in process.

The day after we landed in Australia ( she got a 12 month visitor visa) we got an email to remind us about doing the NOIM within 28 days.


Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 72
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
1 likes given
Thanks JandE for sharing those info.

I wanted to apply for the visitor visa while waiting for da pmv but concern if it’s refused then it might have a detrimental impact on our pmv. Although others advised the outcome of the visitor visa shouln’t affect the pmv but didn’t wanted to take the risk.

Probably the pmv process was much quicker a few years ago. Now it’s much tougher & takes foreverrrrr.

Regards
NB


Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2019 View Post
Thanks JandE for sharing those info.

I wanted to apply for the visitor visa while waiting for da pmv but concern if itís refused then it might have a detrimental impact on our pmv. Although others advised the outcome of the visitor visa shoulnít affect the pmv but didnít wanted to take the risk.

Probably the pmv process was much quicker a few years ago. Now itís much tougher & takes foreverrrrr.

Regards
NB
I've seen a number getting it faster than ours was in 2016, even though the 75% quoted is longer than it was then.

I can't think of having heard of any refusal for visiting visa having had a detrimental effect on a PMV.


Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 72
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
1 likes given
Yes from the forumn I see some mentioned their was granted within 2-4 months which really make me wonder the cause for the delay in our when it seemingly straight forward case and all required documentation was submitted.

The concern re the negative impact on da pmv was merely my thinking. For example I’m worried the Dept think that ( if the visitor is refused) we try other means to come to Aus via the pmv. I know it sbouldn’t be the case as the pmv was lodged prior to applying for the visitor visa but who knows the Dept’s view so wouldn’t want to do anything to jeoperdise our pmv chance.

Regards
NB


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com