Citizenship ceremony suddenly postpone by dept of home affairs

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree5Likes

Citizenship ceremony suddenly postpone by dept of home affairs


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 03:00 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From bangladesh

4 likes given
Citizenship ceremony suddenly postpone by dept of home affairs

Hi,

I was supposed to attend my citizenship ceremony on 11th of July, 2019 at the Ryde city council. Yesterday I received an email with the following content:

"Department would like to advise that your Citizenship ceremony on 11 July 2019 at City of Ryde council is currently on hold until further notice. Please do not attend. Your Citizenship application require further assessment at this stage and we are unable to provide you any estimate time frame for your ceremony. Citizenship applications are assessed on an individual basis and the length of time taken to complete an assessment varies for individual cases and may be undertaken at any point in the citizenship application process. While it is not possible to provide a definitive date or timeframe at this stage however you will be advised once your ceremony will be allocated. Please rest assured that the Department will be in contact with you earliest opportunity if anything further is needed."

I have spoken to the Dept. of Home Affairs and they did not provide any further information. I was wondering, if this is an usual occurrence? I am a bit worried now. Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.


Last edited by Gintoki; 07-09-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From bangladesh

Following the post


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,165
Users Flag! From australia

3665 likes received
1156 likes given
Why don't you do a FOI request and then you can see what is happening.

It is abit odd. You would have thought that they would have done all the mandatory checks before hitting the approved button.

Gintoki likes this.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 652
Users Flag! From kenya

151 likes received
87 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
Hi,

I was supposed to attend my citizenship ceremony on 11th of July, 2019 at the Ryde city council. Yesterday I received an email with the following content:

"Department would like to advise that your Citizenship ceremony on 11 July 2019 at City of Ryde council is currently on hold until further notice. Please do not attend. Your Citizenship application require further assessment at this stage and we are unable to provide you any estimate time frame for your ceremony. Citizenship applications are assessed on an individual basis and the length of time taken to complete an assessment varies for individual cases and may be undertaken at any point in the citizenship application process. While it is not possible to provide a definitive date or timeframe at this stage however you will be advised once your ceremony will be allocated. Please rest assured that the Department will be in contact with you earliest opportunity if anything further is needed."

I have spoken to the Dept. of Home Affairs and they did not provide any further information. I was wondering, if this is an usual occurrence? I am a bit worried now. Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.
These guys dont know how their reckless letters hurt applicants.

I have never seen this kind of letter putting the whole life on hold.

Gintoki likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 03:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From china

5 likes received
29 likes given
thats weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 05:05 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
This is the first time I’ve heard of this :0 anything’s possible now hey even after official letter of “approval”.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From bangladesh

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Why don't you do a FOI request and then you can see what is happening.

It is abit odd. You would have thought that they would have done all the mandatory checks before hitting the approved button.
I was not expecting this at all! I am just trying to be patient and hope that everything gets sorted out. Can you please tell me how to do a FOI request?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 389
Users Flag! From uk

102 likes received
39 likes given
All the details and links to the forms are here:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/P...a-request.aspx

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 407
Users Flag! From philippines

96 likes received
4 likes given
Hi All, i tried contacting the FOI team but they came back to me saying my inquiry is general and can only be answered by the citizenship team. Still waiting for approval.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,165
Users Flag! From australia

3665 likes received
1156 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeliquePrince View Post
Hi All, i tried contacting the FOI team but they came back to me saying my inquiry is general and can only be answered by the citizenship team. Still waiting for approval.
What did you ask for on the FOI? You can't ask for a status update or anything like that. All you are doing for the FOI is asking for all case notes where you will see when it was last actioned and what they are waiting on.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ceremony, citizenship

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com