advice on visa 143

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

advice on visa 143


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2019, 07:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
advice on visa 143

Hi everyone
I will be applying for visa 143 for both my in-laws in early 2019.

My mum-in-law had stayed for a 12 month period on an extended visa 600. Soon after she left (March 2019) we applied for another visa 600 (applied offshore) but it was refused on grounds of not a genuine visitor. We re-applied again for another visa 600 in May 2019 and it was granted.

What are the implications of the visa 600 refusal in March 2019 have on her application for her and my father in law.

Can a visa 143 be submitted onshore if she's had a visa 600 (applied offshore) refused?

Thanks Kim


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,268
Users Flag! From australia

2325 likes received
160 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
The tourist visa refusal should have no impact. If they now have a tourist visa without “ no further stay” condition, the 143 can be lodged while they are in Australia. However, they must be outside Australia for visa grant and they won’t get a bridging visa. If they are of pension age it may be worthwhile to look into the aged Contributory Parent visa.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 03:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
The tourist visa refusal should have no impact. If they now have a tourist visa without “ no further stay” condition, the 143 can be lodged while they are in Australia. However, they must be outside Australia for visa grant and they won’t get a bridging visa. If they are of pension age it may be worthwhile to look into the aged Contributory Parent visa.
Thanks CCM for your advice.
Could you advise what type of visa I should get my parents-in-law for them to stay in Australia for an extended period like 12 months or more while they wait for the visa 143.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,268
Users Flag! From australia

2325 likes received
160 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by loags View Post
Thanks CCM for your advice.
Could you advise what type of visa I should get my parents-in-law for them to stay in Australia for an extended period like 12 months or more while they wait for the visa 143.
People can generally not spend more than 12 months in Australia on tourist visas in any 24 month period.

If they meet the "aged" requirement and are able to come here on a tourist visa without "no further stay condition, they could consider the onshore aged contributory parent visa.

If they can afford it and can meet the requirements , they could also look at the sc. 870 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...y-870#Overview

Other than that, they'll just have to wait it out with occasional vists to Australia.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2019, 02:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
People can generally not spend more than 12 months in Australia on tourist visas in any 24 month period.

If they meet the "aged" requirement and are able to come here on a tourist visa without "no further stay condition, they could consider the onshore aged contributory parent visa.

If they can afford it and can meet the requirements , they could also look at the sc. 870 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...y-870#Overview

Other than that, they'll just have to wait it out with occasional vists to Australia.

correct me if I'm wrong:
we could applied for a sc 870 onshore with permission while they are here on sc 600? Once sc 870 is approved, return/remain in Australia and can apply for the sc 143 onshore.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com