Bridging visa B extension & Pregnancy

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Bridging visa B extension & Pregnancy

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2019, 05:32 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Bridging visa B extension & Pregnancy

Hi everyone,
I’m currently waiting on my partner visa 820 it’s been around 15 months now.
I’m from the uk and my mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and has been moved into a care home. I’m wanting to head back to the UK for as long as possible, has anyone applied for a bridging visa B with ‘ extenuating circumstances‘ (I can’t remember if that’s the right term) but instead of getting a bridging visa B for a month requesting it for 3-6 months.
Also I’ve just found out I’m pregnant,
If I get the request for 6 months (on the bridging visa B) that would put me in the third trimester when you’re aren’t meant to fly, does anyone know what would happen if I couldn’t fly back in the bridging visa B timeframe? Can you extend it when you’re out of the country?
I hope this makes sense 😊

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2019, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,474
Users Flag! From australia

909 likes received
393 likes given
Immigration use the term, but Australian visas cannot be extended.
You must apply for another visa.
Bridging visas B cannot be applied for or granted from outside Australia.
You could try to make a case for a lengthy bridging B and see what you get.
If your child is born in Australia and at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, s/he would be an Australian citizen by birth. There are other options if a child is born outside Australia. It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent before you put your head in the lion's mouth.

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.