Children born outside Australia to Permanent Residents

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Children born outside Australia to Permanent Residents

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2019, 10:57 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From pakistan

Children born outside Australia to Permanent Residents

I along with my family got PR in 2017 and made the initial visit to Australia in the same year. Next year my second child was born outside Australia who was not included in our initial visa application hence needs a separate visa to enter the country.

I looked online for visas and sub-class 101 seems to be the applicable option in this case. However while filling the forms I noticed that it asks for an Australian postal address, dwelling information in Australia, and other information suggesting that the sponsor needs to be residing in Australia at the time of application.

I want to know if anyone has applied this visa from Offshore in which case what is to be written in the sections asking for Australian dwelling and postal address.

Or if there is another option to bring the child to Austrlia on a visit visa and apply for an 802 subclass visa while on-shore.

Thank you,

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2020, 03:12 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

I had the same circumstance and applied for my daughter in singapore using form 101 and it was approved.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,369
Users Flag! From australia

900 likes received
386 likes given
There is no legislated acquirement for the sponsor to be residing in Australia.

802 might be an option, depending on the conditions imposed on a visitor visa.

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.