Partner Visa 820 - Request for further information but CO got it all wrong!

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Partner Visa 820 - Request for further information but CO got it all wrong!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

Hi everyone,
My CO messaged this Friday asking for this:


"Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner
- Evidence of contact while apart 2013-2017
- Photos with friends and family
- Etc"

In our application it CLEARLY states June 29 2017 as the beginning of the de facto rel.
We explained though and have given proof that that we have been romantically involved as boyfriend and girlfriend from 2013, but started living as de facto partners from 2017.

I can only give photos from when my partner was over, twice within those 4 years as we were both students. But his parents have been over thrice and I spent time with them as well. I have actually already given all these photos along with statements of our families that states our relationship.

How important is it to prove that there is relationship prior to living together because we did not write 2013 as beginning of de facto application!


What is the best way to explain this to our CO and how do I contact them?

Do you all have any advice? I am very anxious and I'm having a bad case of panic attack because of this.


Last edited by Autumn12; 11-16-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 174
Users Flag! From ghana

19 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn12 View Post
Hi everyone,
My CO messaged this Friday asking for this:


"Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner
- Evidence of contact while apart 2013-2017
- Photos with friends and family
- Etc"

In our application it CLEARLY states June 29 2017 as the beginning of the de facto rel.
We explained though and have given proof that that we have been romantically involved as boyfriend and girlfriend from 2013, but started living as de facto partners from 2017.

I can only give photos from when my partner was over, twice within those 4 years as we were both students. But his parents have been over thrice and I spent time with them as well. I have actually already given all these photos along with statements of our families that states our relationship.

How important is it to prove that there is relationship prior to living together because we did not write 2013 as beginning of de facto application!


What is the best way to explain this to our CO and how do I contact them?

Do you all have any advice? I am very anxious and I'm having a bad case of panic attack because of this.
From 2013, u stated u were boyfriend and girlfriend.. now although that is not officially considered a relationship, they probably want proof that u were in communication while u two were boy friend and girlfriend prior to the beginning of ur de facto relationship

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 174
Users Flag! From ghana

19 likes received
3 likes given
If u have proof of communication from 2013 , u shd pile them up in a pdf

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

What if we may have lost most of them? Is it possible to get it somewhwre somehow?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 174
Users Flag! From ghana

19 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn12 View Post
What if we may have lost most of them? Is it possible to get it somewhwre somehow?
No case officer will expect you to have all your chats intact. Its a normal thing to loose some of your chats. Gather wat you have as long as it begins from 2013. And just explain u dont have all your chats and why u dont have it if their change of facebook account etc whatever the reason is. They will understand. Importantly , dont try to fabricate any thing for lost chats. Be honest

And chats isnt only proof of communication. If u were making calls to your partner in 2013, u can contact the telecom company to give u a copy of ur phone call history in 2013 then highlights them with a bright marker, all calls to your partner's number at that time

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by Rock747; 11-16-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 08:49 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,410
Users Flag! From australia

2381 likes received
168 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
If you have any evidence of that period, you could add it to your application to back up your statement. If you don’t, provide a brief explanation.

More importantly , write to the CO outlining the relevant evidence you have already provided and how you meet de-facto requirements. Ask them to confirm if they still require the other evidence since you have already provided evidence that you were in a de-facto relationship from 2017 onwards.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

Thank you so much everyone. I'm losing sleep over this. I am terrified. I have already sent in photos, facebook posts and interaction of each other's family from 2013 before. I truly do not understand why I'm being asked for more because we're not saying we have been in de facto from then.

I am also thinking of involving a migration agent. Is this a good idea?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:38 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,410
Users Flag! From australia

2381 likes received
168 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn12 View Post
Thank you so much everyone. I'm losing sleep over this. I am terrified. I have already sent in photos, facebook posts and interaction of each other's family from 2013 before. I truly do not understand why I'm being asked for more because we're not saying we have been in de facto from then.

I am also thinking of involving a migration agent. Is this a good idea?
It is always a good idea to use a Registered Migration Agent.

If you have already provided the evidence requested, write a polite letter pointing out what has been provided , how it is relevant to the application and ask for a clarification.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn12 View Post
Thank you so much everyone. I'm losing sleep over this. I am terrified. I have already sent in photos, facebook posts and interaction of each other's family from 2013 before. I truly do not understand why I'm being asked for more because we're not saying we have been in de facto from then.

I am also thinking of involving a migration agent. Is this a good idea?
It is always a good idea to use a Registered Migration Agent.

If you have already provided the evidence requested, write a polite letter pointing out what has been provided , how it is relevant to the application and ask for a clarification.

I shall do that. Because in the further information on requested evidence it even stated nature of household, finances, etc. And we cant obviously provide that! Thank you!


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 669
Users Flag! From australia

156 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn12 View Post
Thank you so much everyone. I'm losing sleep over this. I am terrified. I have already sent in photos, facebook posts and interaction of each other's family from 2013 before. I truly do not understand why I'm being asked for more because we're not saying we have been in de facto from then.

I am also thinking of involving a migration agent. Is this a good idea?
It's not like they are being unreasonable and there is no need to put it in a negative light.
While you claim your defacto date from x, you say you have known each other from Y.
So they are asking for evidence of your claim. That's not unreasonable.
If you can follow up your claim they may be looking at granting PR at the same time.

Aussie in Thailand likes this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com