de facto relationship proof - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

de facto relationship proof - Page 3


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2019, 11:25 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I think he may have replied to your question (I am wondering if these two pieces of evidence are enough?.)

But you seem to have a bit more than just those two pieces of evidence.

Having your name on his Centrelink records is a definite extra advantage. Not having it would actually be a negative.

When we did ours, we applied for Flybuy cards on the one account, and sent a screen shot of the account with both names, together with a photo of both cards highlighting consecutive member numbers.
Thank you very much for your reply


Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy144 View Post
Hello everyone,

I will apply for 820 with my Australian boyfriend. We registered our relationship here not too long ago. We are living together however I am only an 'occupant' on the lease, not the tenant. Is this enough proof to show that we have been living together? We will also get a joint bank account soon that will be mailed to our shared address. I am wondering if these two piesces of evidence are enough. Thank you very much in advance.
Hi Daisy,

This could be good evidence that you are living together, but what do you mean by 'occupant'. i.e. is there a tenancy agreement in place and both your names appear on it? It is irrelevant whether you are a 'tenant' or not, the critical part is whether the documentation states that you are both living at the same address.

If the question is whether this evidence is enough to show you are living together, I would say yes. This would show that you have been cohabiting which is one aspect of many to show that you are in a genuine relationship. If you are having doubts you could ask your real estate agent to write a statutory declaration to support your claims if they are aware that you have been living at the property.

If the question is whether these two pieces of evidence are enough to pull an a partner visa over the line, then definitely not.

Cheers,

Joshua Sharman-Selvidge
MARN: 1910938


Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShar72 View Post
Hi Daisy,

This could be good evidence that you are living together, but what do you mean by 'occupant'. i.e. is there a tenancy agreement in place and both your names appear on it? It is irrelevant whether you are a 'tenant' or not, the critical part is whether the documentation states that you are both living at the same address.

If the question is whether this evidence is enough to show you are living together, I would say yes. This would show that you have been cohabiting which is one aspect of many to show that you are in a genuine relationship. If you are having doubts you could ask your real estate agent to write a statutory declaration to support your claims if they are aware that you have been living at the property.

If the question is whether these two pieces of evidence are enough to pull an a partner visa over the line, then definitely not.

Cheers,

Joshua Sharman-Selvidge
MARN: 1910938
Hi Joshua,

The real estate knows that I am living on this address, we had to send all my details by email. We have a letter which states that they approve me to stay on the property. 'Occupant' means I am living here, but am not the tenant. Thank you for the idea to get a declaration from them, I will call them to ask about that.

I mentioned those two pieces of evidence as I thought they are enough, but then I remembered we have/will get way more, eg. Christmas cards from family and a friend sent to this address. Also, all of my mail is sent to this address (health insurance, bank documents, things I ordered online). Our Relationship cert and joint bank account documents will be sent here too. On top of that, my partner sent an email to the immigration inviting me to stay in his house, when I was applying for the visa I am presently on. We are also filling a Centrelink application which states I'm living here.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. There is certainly a lot of documentation needed for this visa, but I am willing to work hard to gather it all.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,959
Users Flag! From australia

1009 likes received
296 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy144 View Post
We are also filling a Centrelink application which states I'm living here.
Does it specify "as a partner" as opposed to just living there.

__________________
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Does it specify "as a partner" as opposed to just living there.
Yes, as a partner


Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2019, 04:20 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy144 View Post
Hi Joshua,

The real estate knows that I am living on this address, we had to send all my details by email. We have a letter which states that they approve me to stay on the property. 'Occupant' means I am living here, but am not the tenant. Thank you for the idea to get a declaration from them, I will call them to ask about that.

I mentioned those two pieces of evidence as I thought they are enough, but then I remembered we have/will get way more, eg. Christmas cards from family and a friend sent to this address. Also, all of my mail is sent to this address (health insurance, bank documents, things I ordered online). Our Relationship cert and joint bank account documents will be sent here too. On top of that, my partner sent an email to the immigration inviting me to stay in his house, when I was applying for the visa I am presently on. We are also filling a Centrelink application which states I'm living here.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. There is certainly a lot of documentation needed for this visa, but I am willing to work hard to gather it all.
Hi Daisy, it sounds like you are on the right track, evidence wise. I would always recommend that you should get an agent involved. I've lodged my own partner visa before (long-distance as well), so I've been on the other side of the fence and know how gathering the evidence can be a bit of a slog.

I know that many migration agents can offer flexible services, less than full preparation and lodgement. This can be things like checking over an application that you have prepared and providing commentary prior to lodgement which can give you peace of mind. This might be something worth considering if you are a bit strapped for cash.

You'll want to ensure that you're providing enough evidence to meet the 'four pillars' of a genuine relationship as assessed by DOHA. The costs of a refusal whilst painful, are minor in comparison to the uncertainty and inability to plan your life with your partner whilst awaiting an appeal outcome.

Cheers, Josh.

Daisy144 likes this.
__________________
Joshua Sharman-Selvidge
MARN: 19010938
http://fairgovisa.com.au/

Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

4 likes given
Relationship Statement

I read a closed thread from 2011 about Relationship Statements. People said that it does not really matter if it is a statutory declaration or not, as long as it is signed and dated.

Has this changed in the recent years? There is no way I can fit everything on the Statutory Declaration form, so could I write my own declaration by copying the text and format? Is this necessary?

Also, do you know if it's better to write the statement on paper or can it be typed? My partner has horrible handwriting so it would be easier for him to type :') , but I don't mind writing mine.

Last question is about length.. Do you think 5 written pages is ok? I had 6 and shortened it to 5, but I will try to shorten it further.

Thank you very very much.

Daisy


Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

4 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShar72 View Post
Hi Daisy, it sounds like you are on the right track, evidence wise. I would always recommend that you should get an agent involved. I've lodged my own partner visa before (long-distance as well), so I've been on the other side of the fence and know how gathering the evidence can be a bit of a slog.

I know that many migration agents can offer flexible services, less than full preparation and lodgement. This can be things like checking over an application that you have prepared and providing commentary prior to lodgement which can give you peace of mind. This might be something worth considering if you are a bit strapped for cash.

You'll want to ensure that you're providing enough evidence to meet the 'four pillars' of a genuine relationship as assessed by DOHA. The costs of a refusal whilst painful, are minor in comparison to the uncertainty and inability to plan your life with your partner whilst awaiting an appeal outcome.

Cheers, Josh.
Thank you so much for the information Josh, I really appreciate it. We will meet with an agent prior to lodging our application. Our two prior meetings with agents cost 150 AUD each. Do you have any idea how much checking over the application would cost, approximately? (I assume it takes much longer than a one hour appointment)

I need to make sure we find the right agent for this, as it is so important to us. Our previous ones, although nice and helpful, did not prove to be 100% reliable.

Daisy


Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy144 View Post
I read a closed thread from 2011 about Relationship Statements. People said that it does not really matter if it is a statutory declaration or not, as long as it is signed and dated.

Has this changed in the recent years? There is no way I can fit everything on the Statutory Declaration form, so could I write my own declaration by copying the text and format? Is this necessary?

Also, do you know if it's better to write the statement on paper or can it be typed? My partner has horrible handwriting so it would be easier for him to type :') , but I don't mind writing mine.

Last question is about length.. Do you think 5 written pages is ok? I had 6 and shortened it to 5, but I will try to shorten it further.

Thank you very very much.

Daisy
Hi Daisy,

I personally put my application in using the form of a statement, although a statutory declaration can also look nice as well. As long as you're covering the substantive content, the form is not so important in terms of providing an outline of your relationship. I've had applications go through using both methods.

I've linked off to a word version of the commonwealth statutory declaration. https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/S...tion-form.docx . This will give you the space you need to fill the document out.

I would recommend that they are typed as this will eliminate the chance of misinterpretation or illegibility.

The length sounds fine but you're probably starting to hit the upper limit. Most of my clients would write somewhere between two to three pages, which is generally sufficient.

With regards to your further request I will send you a PM.

Hope this helps

__________________
Joshua Sharman-Selvidge
MARN: 19010938
http://fairgovisa.com.au/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com