Sponsoring multiple family spnosored visitor visas (600)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Aussie83
  • 2 Post By wrussell

Sponsoring multiple family spnosored visitor visas (600)


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2020, 12:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 97
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
17 likes given
Sponsoring multiple family spnosored visitor visas (600)

Hi everyone,

My brother will be lodging permanent visas for both our mom, and his wife. While their visas are in process, he would ideally like to bring them over to Australia on visitor visas (600) temporarily, around the same time.

The sponsorship form (1149) for the visa states the following:

"If you have already provided a sponsorship for another visitor, you normally need to wait until their visa ceases to be in effect before you can be eligible to provide another sponsorship."

My question is, is this an absolute requirement, or can there be exceptions to this rule? Has anyone had successfully sponsored more than one person's family stream visa at the same time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 743
Users Flag! From australia

168 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by collabusta View Post
Hi everyone,

My brother will be lodging permanent visas for both our mom, and his wife. While their visas are in process, he would ideally like to bring them over to Australia on visitor visas (600) temporarily, around the same time.

The sponsorship form (1149) for the visa states the following:

"If you have already provided a sponsorship for another visitor, you normally need to wait until their visa ceases to be in effect before you can be eligible to provide another sponsorship."

My question is, is this an absolute requirement, or can there be exceptions to this rule? Has anyone had successfully sponsored more than one person's family stream visa at the same time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Potential seperate issue, family sponsored 600 visa MUST come with the 8503 condition attached meaning you can't apply for a onshore visa.

collabusta likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,279
Users Flag! From australia

890 likes received
383 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by collabusta View Post
Hi everyone,

My brother will be lodging permanent visas for both our mom, and his wife. While their visas are in process, he would ideally like to bring them over to Australia on visitor visas (600) temporarily, around the same time.

The sponsorship form (1149) for the visa states the following:

"If you have already provided a sponsorship for another visitor, you normally need to wait until their visa ceases to be in effect before you can be eligible to provide another sponsorship."

My question is, is this an absolute requirement, or can there be exceptions to this rule? Has anyone had successfully sponsored more than one person's family stream visa at the same time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are visitor visa options other than family-sponsored visitor visas.

If applications for permanent visas have been lodged, satisfying the 'genuine visitor' (intention to return) criterion for any visitor visa could be a problem.

From what you have posted, I suggest that you would be well advised to consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment of possible visa strategies.

JandE and collabusta like this.
__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 06:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 97
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
17 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie83 View Post
Potential seperate issue, family sponsored 600 visa MUST come with the 8503 condition attached meaning you can't apply for a onshore visa.
Yes, thank you for bringing that up. We intend to apply fr the permanent visa offshore, which I understand to be OK. Please correct me if I'm wrong.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 743
Users Flag! From australia

168 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by collabusta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie83 View Post
Potential seperate issue, family sponsored 600 visa MUST come with the 8503 condition attached meaning you can't apply for a onshore visa.
Yes, thank you for bringing that up. We intend to apply fr the permanent visa offshore, which I understand to be OK. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Not an issue. Sorry I miss read what you put.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 97
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
17 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrussell View Post
There are visitor visa options other than family-sponsored visitor visas.

If applications for permanent visas have been lodged, satisfying the 'genuine visitor' (intention to return) criterion for any visitor visa could be a problem.

From what you have posted, I suggest that you would be well advised to consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment of possible visa strategies.
Hi Westley,

Thank you for your response, as always! I have read about a couple of cases where their migration agent suggested stating that the applicant intends to abide by all visitor visa conditions, regardless of the outcome of their permanent visa. My brother has recently contacted a migration agent with regard to this application. Hopefully we can get this sorted. Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com