Changing from 300 to 309

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Changing from 300 to 309

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Changing from 300 to 309

Hi everyone,

We have applied for visa Prospective-marriage-300 visa on 15 April 2019, we got married overseas while waiting for case officer to be nominated, now we officially have all the marriage documents,
Is it possible to change from 300 to 309? Do we need to withdraw from 300 and apply for 309? Or just uploading our marriage certificate on our immi account is enough? I read on some websites once you upload documents it will automatically be treated as 309 visa?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 368
Users Flag! From australia

108 likes received
36 likes given
You need to contact them and they will ask you to write a letter/stat dec requesting the change. They will then tell you what additional documents to submit.

When we did ours the 300 fee and 309 fee was the same and we had a very good CO so it was very easy for us.

PMV 300 Application
Processing Centre:
Received: 24/03/14
CO assigned: 16/05/14
Medicals: Requested on: 16/05/14 Completed 22/05/2014 Cleared: 27/06/14
Police check: Requested on: 16/05/14 Obtained on: 26/05/2014
Tourist Visa: Granted on 30/05/14, 12 months multiple entry. Entered 20/07/14.
Switched from 300 to 309 application in 11/2014
309 Visa granted: 02/03/2015
100 Visa: Application submitted awaiting response.
100 Visa granted: 19/05/2018 (14.5 month wait)

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,367
Users Flag! From australia

900 likes received
386 likes given
It used to be very straightforward and quite easy, upload the marriage certificate and when requested to do so, withdraw the 300 and the application would proceed as a 309 for no further visa application charge, with further information requested.

Having wed, it is risky to withdraw a 300 (for which a married applicant must be refused) unless this has been requested.

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.