820 visa questions!

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

820 visa questions!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

820 visa questions!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions regarding the 820 de facto partner visa.

My partner and I are in a de facto relationship but also got engaged in September. When filling out the online application, if you select that you're engaged it asks for a wedding date, however we do not have a date set. What do we do in this situation? Is it best to just put de facto and enter the start date of our relationship?

When asking for information on previous partners, it asks for any previous de facto/marriages. Does this definition of de facto require details of any partner you have lived with?

Many thanks in advance!


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 4,818
Users Flag! From australia

834 likes received
374 likes given
If you are applying on de facto grounds engagement is not relevant.

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 10:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 79
Users Flag! From australia

16 likes received
49 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
When asking for information on previous partners, it asks for any previous de facto/marriages. Does this definition of de facto require details of any partner you have lived with?

Many thanks in advance!
Yes, you have to include this. It was very weird when I had my ex's name/DOB etc on the same paperwork as my husband's visa.... haha

__________________
Agent engaged & Started Gathering: 5/4/18
Application Submitted: 23/4/18
Medical & Police Check: 1/5/18
CO Contact: None
309 Granted: 30/10/18
100 Eligible: 23/4/20

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,967
Users Flag! From australia

1011 likes received
296 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
When asking for information on previous partners, it asks for any previous de facto/marriages. Does this definition of de facto require details of any partner you have lived with?

Many thanks in advance!
Some countries do not use the term "de facto" for a relationship, so may not understand what it actually is.

In Australia, a de facto relationship is the term for a relationship of a couple who live together in the same way that a married couple normally would, but who are not legally married to each other.

Some nationalities have marriages that are not legally recognised, and these could be classed as a de facto relationship also.

A de facto couple can also include same sex couples.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 04:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 4,818
Users Flag! From australia

834 likes received
374 likes given
De facto partners do not have to be living together, but they have to explain why not.

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 01:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrussell View Post
If you are applying on de facto grounds engagement is not relevant.
Does this mean that they shouldn’t mention their engagement in their relationship statements at all?


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2020, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 134
Users Flag! From australia

22 likes received
161 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPRnow View Post
Does this mean that they shouldn’t mention their engagement in their relationship statements at all?
I mentioned in my relationship statement that I had asked my partner to marry me and that she had accepted and we had exchanged rings. We didn't announce a formal engagement.

Our agent didn't query that at all.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Today, 04:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: NSW
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From czechrepublic

6 likes given
Question

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following questions:

1. I assume there isn't a way to upload videos to the application as the max size of files is 5mb. Is there any other way to send bigger files to the immigration? We have a few videos that are very good evidence (me vlogging about my day, voice recordings, singing happy birthday). Probably a silly question..

2. When they ask to list all the countries you visited and the dates, should you also mention countries where you had connecting flights? Or if you stayed in the country less than one day? (eg. Only entered the country (by car or plane) in order to catch a flight and stayed there for few hours only)

3. When they say 'Any other person on the application' do they refer to the applicant, sponsor and their dependents, or all family members named in the application?

PS: I am always unsure if I should continue an old thread or create a new one each time I have questions (because I have many :')). Do you know what is best/most convenient?

Thank you very much,

Daisy


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Today, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From france

8 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy144 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following questions:

1. I assume there isn't a way to upload videos to the application as the max size of files is 5mb. Is there any other way to send bigger files to the immigration? We have a few videos that are very good evidence (me vlogging about my day, voice recordings, singing happy birthday). Probably a silly question..

2. When they ask to list all the countries you visited and the dates, should you also mention countries where you had connecting flights? Or if you stayed in the country less than one day? (eg. Only entered the country (by car or plane) in order to catch a flight and stayed there for few hours only)

3. When they say 'Any other person on the application' do they refer to the applicant, sponsor and their dependents, or all family members named in the application?

PS: I am always unsure if I should continue an old thread or create a new one each time I have questions (because I have many :')). Do you know what is best/most convenient?

Thank you very much,

Daisy
They do not accept videos. THis is silly because more and more people are filming their life rather than taking pictures and videos are more difficult to fake but that's the way it is.

As per countries visited: at some point I lived in a country and worked in another so I crossed the border every day. I was travelling all around the EU at some point and cannot even remember all of these trips. I got away with writing a note explaining my trans-border work and saying "you can safely assume during the last ten years I have repeeatedly visited for short stays and for both leisure and work all of the EU members with the exception of Malta and Cyprus". I got the visa, so I guess that was enough.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Today, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 159
Please update your flag here .

14 likes received
1 likes given
You can always take still photos from a video reflecting key points or features of a wedding ceremony. For example, an Indian wedding ceremony consists of some key rituals and traditions. DoHA would be interested in such key highlights of a ceremony.

.

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
801, 820, de facto, partner, partner visa


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com