PMV 300 during Covid-19 thread

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

View Poll Results: Applied for PMV 300
after lockdown and waiting 3 8.33%
before lockdown and waiting 26 72.22%
after lockdown and got PMV 300 visa 0 0%
before lockdown and got PMV 300 visa 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

PMV 300 during Covid-19 thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2020, 10:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
6 likes given
PMV 300 during Covid-19 thread

Greetings to all fiancé and fiancée out there!
Those who lodged the application for PMV 300 or yet are going to during Covid-19 - let's discuss & share in this thread our experience and updates in current circumstances.

EDIT: if someone got PMV 300 recently (after/during lockdown), please share with us!


Last edited by lucky1; 05-19-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2020, 03:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 74
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
Greetings to all fiancé and fiancée out there!
Those who lodged the application for PMV 300 or yet are going to during Covid-19 - let's discuss & share in this thread our experience and updates in current circumstances.
Hi, we are waiting for our grant. We applied july 2019.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 12:19 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
6 likes given
We applied April 2020, after covid-19 madness
Did you have your biometrics and med check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorsandhu View Post
Hi, we are waiting for our grant. We applied july 2019.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 74
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
We applied April 2020, after covid-19 madness<img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />
Did you have your biometrics and med check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorsandhu View Post
Hi, we are waiting for our grant. We applied july 2019.
I had my medical done in sep 2019. They didn’t ask for the biometrics.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 71
Please update your flag here .

Lodged PMV 300 in December 2018 and still waiting, 16 months in. My fiance is from Syria but his application goes through Beirut Embassy. We had our interview in November 2019, and some RFI’s in December 2019. Have not heard anything since.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:43 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
6 likes given
Seems like you're close to visa being granted, especially that processing time is reduced to 13-17 months - fingers crossed for you!
Did you apply directly thru embassy? We applied online and there's no any clue about who and where our application would be processed. We were automatically requested by the system to do biometrics and med check, which is all suspended now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zai.01 View Post
Lodged PMV 300 in December 2018 and still waiting, 16 months in. My fiance is from Syria but his application goes through Beirut Embassy. We had our interview in November 2019, and some RFI’s in December 2019. Have not heard anything since.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 74
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
Is everyone requested to do biometrics in pmv?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
6 likes given
I am. And it was automatic system request right after application. Waiting for biometrics office to be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorsandhu View Post
Is everyone requested to do biometrics in pmv?


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2020, 12:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 71
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
Seems like you're close to visa being granted, especially that processing time is reduced to 13-17 months - fingers crossed for you!
Did you apply directly thru embassy? We applied online and there's no any clue about who and where our application would be processed. We were automatically requested by the system to do biometrics and med check, which is all suspended now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zai.01 View Post
Lodged PMV 300 in December 2018 and still waiting, 16 months in. My fiance is from Syria but his application goes through Beirut Embassy. We had our interview in November 2019, and some RFI’s in December 2019. Have not heard anything since.

Yes we’re hoping that after the processing times have been reduced we’re very close to a grant. We applied online too and automatically requested for my fiance to do his med check. Also front-loaded everything. It’s hard to tell whether they are granting PMV 300 at all right now because of the travel ban so even if it was to be granted, travel must happen within 9 months, and we still don’t know when the travel ban will be lifted.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2020, 02:06 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 18
Please update your flag here .

9 likes received
8 likes given
Applied for PMV June 2019
Approved Feb 2020
Travel restrictions stopped my Fiancee from entering in March, now waiting to see what happens or if we can apply for an exemption...


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com