Police clearance - home country

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Police clearance - home country


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 11:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Police clearance - home country

I am collecting police clearances for our partner visa 309 as the sponsor. I am from Vietnam and now holding PR. I left the country in 2009 for oversea education, and over the last 10 years I did not spend more than 12 months in Vietnam. Do I need to provide police check for Vietnam?
On DIBP website, it says: "an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16"

Many thanks,
Phuong


Last edited by danny18; 05-08-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Australia
Posts: 52
Users Flag! From nepal

7 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny18 View Post
I am collecting police clearances for our partner visa 309 as the sponsor. I am from Vietnam and now holding PR. I left the country in 2009 for oversea education, and over the last 10 years I did not spend more than 12 months in Vietnam. Do I need to provide police check for Vietnam?
On DIBP website, it says: "an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16"

Many thanks,
Phuong
Is it a super lengthy process to get one?

If I was you, I would still get one if it isnt too much hassle because when they open up your file this is something they might want and request as an additional document.

Instead of that, I would be on the front foot and submit it now itself to avoid delays due to additional document request.

__________________
Subclass - 309
Lodge Date - 01/01/2020
Biometrics - 06/01/2020
Medicals - 07/01/2020
Medicals Clear - 10/01/2020

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 01:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepdai View Post
Is it a super lengthy process to get one?

If I was you, I would still get one if it isnt too much hassle because when they open up your file this is something they might want and request as an additional document.

Instead of that, I would be on the front foot and submit it now itself to avoid delays due to additional document request.
Yes, my though is the same with you. My initial plan was to go back visiting my wife and apply for police check but now the Covid situation, not sure when I am able to be back. Vietnam does not accept online application.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2020, 01:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

If Vietnam can't do online, I don't suggest you go back now since you can't enter australia after that and likely they cancel your pr for leaving (I heard news of real cases). Apply a national police check of australia is sufficient because you didn't spend more than 12m overseas right?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 754
Users Flag! From australia

170 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry20 View Post
If Vietnam can't do online, I don't suggest you go back now since you can't enter australia after that and likely they cancel your pr for leaving (I heard news of real cases). Apply a national police check of australia is sufficient because you didn't spend more than 12m overseas right?
Just so you know that police check won't be valid for immigration, they require a AFP certificate


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2020, 07:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry20 View Post
If Vietnam can't do online, I don't suggest you go back now since you can't enter australia after that and likely they cancel your pr for leaving (I heard news of real cases). Apply a national police check of australia is sufficient because you didn't spend more than 12m overseas right?
Thanks Henry, we are not lodging until 1st August. I am not planing to go back unless they open the border. I will apply for AFP police check.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2020, 07:41 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnphuong View Post
Thanks Henry, we are not lodging until 1st August. I am not planing to go back unless they open the border. I will apply for AFP police check.
Thanks, yes, I know this as I did that for my PR application


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2020, 12:56 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
I spent around 13 months in Vietnam in the last 10 years and I was asked to provide the police check from Vietnam for my partner visa. I managed to order it online, there was an official process for that a few years ago. Paid them via international transfer, sent all the details, and a month later I received the police check in the mail.
But I don't know if the process is the same for VN citizens


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2020, 01:41 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 14
Please update your flag here .

Hi,

Since you have been more than 12 months in Vietnam, you do nee a police clearance from VN right?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
police certificate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com