document checklist - partner visa 309 - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

document checklist - partner visa 309 - Page 2


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
If they read that lot, it might extend your processing time...
HI JandE: I was just kidding, but anyway, would you recommend me to shorten the chat history, and if so, then how many pages?
Many thanks,


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny18 View Post
HI JandE: I was just kidding, but anyway, would you recommend me to shorten the chat history, and if so, then how many pages?
Many thanks,
Someone in the same situation would be best to answer that, but i am pretty sure I've seen much much less being mentioned.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 03:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 89
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny18 View Post
HI JandE: I was just kidding, but anyway, would you recommend me to shorten the chat history, and if so, then how many pages?
Many thanks,
We did 3 screenshots of chat history. 1 from the beginning, 1 in the middle and 1 dated just before lodgment on our 300.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 05:20 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy J View Post
We did 3 screenshots of chat history. 1 from the beginning, 1 in the middle and 1 dated just before lodgment on our 300.
Adopted your approach, I snapshoted one page every 6 months since 2011.

Cheers,


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 05:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny18 View Post
Adopted your approach, I snapshoted one page every 6 months since 2011.

Cheers,
Would that actually be sufficient? I thought the CO would want to see our interactions with one another while communicating - so we're at about 250 pages of message history.


Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 06:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilym1964 View Post
Would that actually be sufficient? I thought the CO would want to see our interactions with one another while communicating - so we're at about 250 pages of message history.
If this is the case then I have 2000 pages as said before


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2020, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 89
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilym1964 View Post
Would that actually be sufficient? I thought the CO would want to see our interactions with one another while communicating - so we're at about 250 pages of message history.
3 pages was sufficient for us.. We cherry picked discussions on what our plans were for the future

I would never put a CO through reading 250 or more pages. I doubt they would even read them all

However, in saying that, we had plenty of other strong evidence to provide and the chat history was only a very small part of our application. Others may be light on with evidence so the chat history plays a bigger part

JandE likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2020, 12:46 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 43
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy J View Post
3 pages was sufficient for us.. We cherry picked discussions on what our plans were for the future

I would never put a CO through reading 250 or more pages. I doubt they would even read them all

However, in saying that, we had plenty of other strong evidence to provide and the chat history was only a very small part of our application. Others may be light on with evidence so the chat history plays a bigger part
We also have many other stronger evidence too, so I guess this is just a small part. I will do 1-2 page every 6 months then. --: 25 pages in total. Should be alright.


Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny18 View Post
We also have many other stronger evidence too, so I guess this is just a small part. I will do 1-2 page every 6 months then. --: 25 pages in total. Should be alright.
I find it interesting with what different people do for evidence, and what they feel is enough.

The relationship statement for example. I've seen some say they do many pages, yet others just a couple of small paragraphs.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2020, 04:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 89
Users Flag! From australia

26 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I find it interesting with what different people do for evidence, and what they feel is enough.

The relationship statement for example. I've seen some say they do many pages, yet others just a couple of small paragraphs.
When i did the first statement for the 300 my partner said it was like reading a Mills and Boon novel. I scrapped that one and did a much simpler version, just over a page i think.


Last edited by Sammy J; 07-16-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
partner 309

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com