Document Help - Partner 820

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Document Help - Partner 820


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2020, 01:28 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

Document Help - Partner 820

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of applying for my husband's Subclass 820 visa and need some guidance.

We have already filled out the online application form, yet to submit and pay.

I am getting stuck on the 4 key aspects of the relationship: Financial, Social, Nature of the Household and nature of commitment.

When writing the information for these 4 sections do we have to give detailed information, or can we just outline basic points and the corresponding evidence.

For example (Financial):
We have been living together as a de facto couple since June 2014 and have combined our finances since this date.This is demonstrated in the attached document titled 'Financial Interdependence'. This attachment contains:
1. Tenancy Agreements/Address Proof of all addresses where we have co-habitated
2. Bank Statements outlining shared expenses, sub-categorised by year.
3. Tickets and Itineraries for all the holidays we have taken together as a couple


Also many posts have mentioned that a P80 and 888 Statutory Decs should be filled out and uploaded immediately. I have not been able to find any information on the immi website as to where I can find these forms or when during the application process these need to be filled out.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Form 888
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form.../forms/888.pdf

Submit with everything else after paying.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2020, 10:30 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Form 888
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form.../forms/888.pdf

Submit with everything else after paying.
Thank you JandE!

The 888 says it should be filled out by an Australian Citizen or Resident. My husband is currently on a visitor visa in Australia, he doesn’t know many people apart from my immediate family and friends.

Is it okay if we get my parents and family friends to complete the 888? The problem is that we have been together for over 10 years but they probably only know about us from the last 3 years.

Also a few people have mentioned that the applicant and sponsor have to fill out their own declaration. I could only find the sponsor stat dec on the immi website. Any idea where I can find the other?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 01:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sia.sayali View Post
Thank you JandE!

The 888 says it should be filled out by an Australian Citizen or Resident. My husband is currently on a visitor visa in Australia, he doesn’t know many people apart from my immediate family and friends.

Is it okay if we get my parents and family friends to complete the 888? The problem is that we have been together for over 10 years but they probably only know about us from the last 3 years.

Also a few people have mentioned that the applicant and sponsor have to fill out their own declaration. I could only find the sponsor stat dec on the immi website. Any idea where I can find the other?
I am the sponsor and I got my daughter and sister to do the 888s, for our 801.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 06:14 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sia.sayali View Post
Thank you JandE!

The 888 says it should be filled out by an Australian Citizen or Resident. My husband is currently on a visitor visa in Australia, he doesn’t know many people apart from my immediate family and friends.

Is it okay if we get my parents and family friends to complete the 888? The problem is that we have been together for over 10 years but they probably only know about us from the last 3 years.

Also a few people have mentioned that the applicant and sponsor have to fill out their own declaration. I could only find the sponsor stat dec on the immi website. Any idea where I can find the other?
As far as I know you don't need a formal stat dec for the applicant, that part is covered in the online application you mentioned (where you detail the four aspects of the relationship). You can if you want provide a separate document that elaborate on those four aspects and the history of the relationship (the online application form doesn't leave much space for that, so many do write a separate document), but it doesn't have to be a formal stat dec (with witness etc).

I don't know about just sticking to basic points in the online application. Personally I wrote a paragraph for each one, with reference to the supporting evidence attached to the application. So in your example I would have gone into detail a little bit, saying "we've lived together since 20XX (tenancy provided). One pays the rent while the other buys the groceries and pays the bills (bank statements provided). We have spent all our holidays together, with one paying for the flight while the other pays for the accommodations". Obviously better phrased and with more details, but I would spell out out how you organise your finance, and use the documents as illustration of your point (as opposed to trusting them to make the point by themselves).


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 02:48 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 995
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
56 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sia.sayali View Post
I am getting stuck on the 4 key aspects of the relationship: Financial, Social, Nature of the Household and nature of commitment.

When writing the information for these 4 sections do we have to give detailed information, or can we just outline basic points and the corresponding evidence.
For this we typed in "Please see attached evidence 'applicant_filename' uploaded in Financial Aspects of the Relationship, Evidence Of" and did that for each of the four sections.

Then when we uploaded the file in the category once we filled out the application and payed.

Quote:
For example (Financial):
We have been living together as a de facto couple since June 2014 and have combined our finances since this date.This is demonstrated in the attached document titled 'Financial Interdependence'. This attachment contains:
1. Tenancy Agreements/Address Proof of all addresses where we have co-habitated
2. Bank Statements outlining shared expenses, sub-categorised by year.
3. Tickets and Itineraries for all the holidays we have taken together as a couple
You can do this, or you can stick to saying that you have uploaded evidence in the relevant category. As I said above, we said what we were uploading, then in the file we had a table of contents listing the evidence in the upload, a brief typed our statement describing the evidence and followed it with the actual evidence listed in the table of contents.

Quote:
Also many posts have mentioned that a P80 and 888 Statutory Decs should be filled out and uploaded immediately. I have not been able to find any information on the immi website as to where I can find these forms or when during the application process these need to be filled out.
As others have said, family and friends are fine - my mother in law and brother in law did the 888 for both the 309 and 100 portion of the visa.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

Thank you everyone.

Might be a silly question, how long should/can we take to upload all the evidence and other documents?

I.e what is the basic information we should have ready in order to submit our application?

My husband’s visitor visa runs out in 2 weeks and I’m getting anxious about whether we are well prepared to submit the application.

What we have prepared:
- Online application form
- Form 80
- Relationship Statement (just needs some polishing)
- applied for relevant Police Checks
- statement for the 4 key aspects (just need to collate the evidence to support the statement)

What we need to do still:
- collate evidence to fulfill all criteria
- collate photographs
- obtain 888 from our witnesses, most likely my immediate family and friends

We have submitted partner visas when we were living in NZ before, but they were paper applications where we didn’t need to separate every aspect. I basically wrote a whole novel about our relationship and that did the job.....820 visa just seems like a whole different beast.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 03:06 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 995
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
56 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sia.sayali View Post
Thank you everyone.

Might be a silly question, how long should/can we take to upload all the evidence and other documents?

I.e what is the basic information we should have ready in order to submit our application?
I can only tell you what we did, everyone does things differently, but for us we made sure we had everything ready to be uploaded before we even filled out the application. Once we had our documents ready, we filled out the application, paid and uploaded everything straight away.

The advice typically given around here is (or before covid was) to be ready to submit your evidence shortly after applying and paying.

That is the way I would advise to go, but we did ours offshore and weren't in a rush. We spent months (literally, we spent 5 months) getting our application ready.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:17 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

Sponsor Form 40SP

Hi All,

So we finally submitted my husband's application and have begun uploading our evidences.

I have just completed my online sponsorship form and reached the 'attach documents' page which recommends uploading the 40SP Form.

I'm confused because I thought I filled out the electronic version of the 40SP Form when I was submitting my sponsorship application.

Do I need to re-fill a paper form and upload it as well?


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2020, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sia.sayali View Post
I have just completed my online sponsorship form and reached the 'attach documents' page which recommends uploading the 40SP Form.

I'm confused because I thought I filled out the electronic version of the 40SP Form when I was submitting my sponsorship application.

Do I need to re-fill a paper form and upload it as well?
You would have done it online.

We didn't do the paper one. I have heard that a few people have been asked to do one, at a later stage. Maybe to double check their original answers?

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
820, de facto, husband, partner

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com