301/100 - foreign police check requested but havent lived there for over 12 months???

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

301/100 - foreign police check requested but havent lived there for over 12 months???


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2020, 09:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

301/100 - foreign police check requested but havent lived there for over 12 months???

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check if this has happened to anyone else:

We have just been issued with a request for further information in relation to my partners 301/100 visa. I am her sponsor. I have been asked to provide an international police check, with the reason given that I have lived for 12 months cumulatively overseas in Malaysia.

I just went back over the application and calculated I have been there for a total of 310-something days over the last 10 years. There was one trip early in 2010 I cannot remember dates for so I factored in an entire month just to be safe. I am still well under the 12 months of accumulated time.

Could there have been a mistake made or am I missing something? am thinking of submitting a written statement and an excel spreadsheet with all calculations of the number of days of all my trips. Flight records have already been submitted elsewhere as evidence, which accounts for about 90% of this travel. I am unable to even get a police cert because they are only issued to people who have lived there for a minimum of 12 months so I cant even get one to submit just to be on the safe side.

Any info/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2020, 04:05 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 1,002
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropesalad View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check if this has happened to anyone else:

We have just been issued with a request for further information in relation to my partners 301/100 visa. I am her sponsor. I have been asked to provide an international police check, with the reason given that I have lived for 12 months cumulatively overseas in Malaysia.

I just went back over the application and calculated I have been there for a total of 310-something days over the last 10 years. There was one trip early in 2010 I cannot remember dates for so I factored in an entire month just to be safe. I am still well under the 12 months of accumulated time.
This is from the subclass 100 page:

Quote:
Also provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16.
Quote:
Could there have been a mistake made or am I missing something?
It seems to be discretionary, as we have been granted our sc 100 but were not asked for a home country police clearance. Perhaps your partners home country is considered high risk and that is why they have requested this?

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2020, 11:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,669
Users Flag! From australia

948 likes received
403 likes given
Comply!........

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2020, 05:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 116
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
15 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropesalad View Post

I am unable to even get a police cert because they are only issued to people who have lived there for a minimum of 12 months so I cant even get one to submit just to be on the safe side.
Eligibility:
All Malaysian citizens and non-citizens can apply for a CGC, except if they are:

a non-citizen residing in Malaysia on a Social Visit Pass; or
a non-citizen residing in Malaysia with a pass (other than a Social Visit Pass) where that pass, or passes, have a validity of less than 12 months consecutively; or
a non-citizen residing in Malaysia unlawfully; or
a person who does not hold a valid international passport or does not have at least six months validity on their international passport; or
a Malaysian citizen who holds an emergency certificate of identity.

Please Note: The above eligibility requirements provide a guideline only. Do not make your own assessment about your eligibility. If you are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct from Malaysia, you will need to request the certificate online.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2020, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,669
Users Flag! From australia

948 likes received
403 likes given
Lodge the application and upload the result.

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2020, 09:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

thanks for your replies everyone.

I uploaded a spreadsheet with all the days I spent in Malaysia, which added up to well under 365 days. that must have satisfied the case officer. My partners 309 visa has now been granted

Thanks again everyone.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2020, 03:59 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 1,002
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropesalad View Post
thanks for your replies everyone.

I uploaded a spreadsheet with all the days I spent in Malaysia, which added up to well under 365 days. that must have satisfied the case officer. My partners 309 visa has now been granted

Thanks again everyone.
Nice! Congrats.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com