PMV 300 advice needed

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

PMV 300 advice needed


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
PMV 300 advice needed

Hello, I am in need of some advice regarding PMV 300

My fiance and I are in the process of applying for the PMV 300.
We are stressing about whether now is a good time to apply for it, due to the lockdown but we also want to make the most of this time and rather use it to wait for the visa.

He is still in Aus and I had to come back to South Africa (SA) and we haven't seen each other in almost 5 months now.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate it if someone could help us get clarity on a few things.

Due to the lockdown in Aus and SA, he is not able to get the Stat Decs signed and I also have to do a health and police check.
How soon after submitting the application and paying the money do we need to add all the documents? We have all the photos, Whatsapp/call logs ready, but not the stat decs, police checks, or health checks.

I also read online that Aus might be planning to open for Jan 2021 - June 2021 (not sure if how true this is) but I am scared that if we apply now, and 12 months from now borders close again and then we get the grant - would we be able to apply for an exemption? (I read a few sad stories of couples getting their exemptions denied and their visa time running out and about to lose the money and visa)

Any advice would be highly appreciated as this is such a big step and with so much uncertainty, any clarity would be really great.

Thank you so much in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 02:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,478
Users Flag! From australia

909 likes received
393 likes given
May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for answers to your questions and tosome issues you have not raised?

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 06:22 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Hi Westly,
Thank you so much. Would it be possible for you to recommend someone I could ask?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 602
Users Flag! From uk

128 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryM11 View Post
Hi Westly,
Thank you so much. Would it be possible for you to recommend someone I could ask?
Westley is a Registered Migration Agent, so you can speak to him ... others are listed here:

https://www.australiaforum.com/visas...on-agents.html

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 03:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Hi Paul,
Thank you so much.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 59
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryM11 View Post
Hello, I am in need of some advice regarding PMV 300

My fiance and I are in the process of applying for the PMV 300.
We are stressing about whether now is a good time to apply for it, due to the lockdown but we also want to make the most of this time and rather use it to wait for the visa.

He is still in Aus and I had to come back to South Africa (SA) and we haven't seen each other in almost 5 months now.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate it if someone could help us get clarity on a few things.

Due to the lockdown in Aus and SA, he is not able to get the Stat Decs signed and I also have to do a health and police check.
How soon after submitting the application and paying the money do we need to add all the documents? We have all the photos, Whatsapp/call logs ready, but not the stat decs, police checks, or health checks.

I also read online that Aus might be planning to open for Jan 2021 - June 2021 (not sure if how true this is) but I am scared that if we apply now, and 12 months from now borders close again and then we get the grant - would we be able to apply for an exemption? (I read a few sad stories of couples getting their exemptions denied and their visa time running out and about to lose the money and visa)

Any advice would be highly appreciated as this is such a big step and with so much uncertainty, any clarity would be really great.

Thank you so much in advance.
Hi
You could apply for the marriage visa now. I doubt that your case will be opened and processed for the next few months... but it would be good to use this time for your visa application be submitted, and for it to sit and wait.
You do not have to attach all the documents, but it would be preferred. Regarding health check, if I was you, I would not do health check now, because it is only valid for 12 months, in fact, later you leave it, better chances you have to use the same health check results for your next partner visa - 820; I applied for the marriage visa in August last year, I did a health check soon after I applied, thinking that if would make the process faster. Now I’m in Australia, applying for 820 soon, health check will expire soon - dunno if will be asked to do it again. I’d rather not - don’t wanna spend $500 if I don’t have to, on top of that- Melbourne is in a lockdown...
Also when I applied for the marriage visa last year, I did not have my Chinese police check ready and I submitted it 2 months after my visa application was lodged.
Usually, when they request for additional (or missing) information, you are given 28 days to supply it.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodra View Post
Regarding health check, if I was you, I would not do health check now, because it is only valid for 12 months, in fact, later you leave it, better chances you have to use the same health check results for your next partner visa - 820
We did the PMV then the 820. Only had to do the one medical, for the 300. That covered us for the entire process to PR.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 59
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodra View Post
Regarding health check, if I was you, I would not do health check now, because it is only valid for 12 months, in fact, later you leave it, better chances you have to use the same health check results for your next partner visa - 820
We did the PMV then the 820. Only had to do the one medical, for the 300. That covered us for the entire process to PR.
Ok, thank you! Good to know, I had a concern they might ask to do it again because mine is about to expire.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 03:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Thank you so much for the advice. Good luck with the rest of your process and stay safe


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com