Form 888 vs Stat Dec

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Form 888 vs Stat Dec


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2020, 10:43 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From usa

Form 888 vs Stat Dec

Hi All,

I understand that Form 888 is a stat dec, but I'm wondering if I should have my housemates complete a regular stat dec to say we have been living together since the date we moved in. Our length of de facto evidence is a bit light, so thought this might be a good option to strengthen that section. We already have 6 Form 888's.

For background: we have been together since March 2017, moved in together in September 2019, and applied after 10 months of living together but registered our relationship with the state well before applying.

Thanks for your advice.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2020, 11:31 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 1,002
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilym1964 View Post
We already have 6 Form 888's.
That is excessive. You only need 2, why so many?

Quote:
I understand that Form 888 is a stat dec, but I'm wondering if I should have my housemates complete a regular stat dec to say we have been living together since the date we moved in.
Yeah, that's a good idea. We lived with my mother in law and had her do a stat dec to confirm that's where we lived. She did an 888 as well, just confirming our relationship.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,993
Users Flag! From australia

1188 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilym1964 View Post
Hi All,

I understand that Form 888 is a stat dec, but I'm wondering if I should have my housemates complete a regular stat dec to say we have been living together since the date we moved in. Our length of de facto evidence is a bit light, so thought this might be a good option to strengthen that section. We already have 6 Form 888's.

For background: we have been together since March 2017, moved in together in September 2019, and applied after 10 months of living together but registered our relationship with the state well before applying.

Thanks for your advice.
It can't hurt to do one.

Many people only do the 2 required 888s.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline
Update to Citizenship dates...

Citizenship
Citizenship Eligibility: 20/2/2020 Citizenship Applied: 7/3/2020
Email received 5/2/21 confirming Test date 24 March 2021 at Toowoomba, QLD
Ceremony Location: tba
Ceremony Date: tba

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2020, 11:40 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh? View Post
That is excessive. You only need 2, why so many?
We just wanted to make sure all bases were covered. May seem excessive, but better safe than sorry, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh? View Post
Yeah, that's a good idea. We lived with my mother in law and had her do a stat dec to confirm that's where we lived. She did an 888 as well, just confirming our relationship.
Perfect! We will get them to do a quick stat dec for us to cover all our bases. Would hate to be refused due to something small like we didn't have enough evidence for how long we have been de facto.


Last edited by emilym1964; 08-11-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com