How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 4

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree52Likes

How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 4


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 12:20 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From germany

9 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
I like your last sentence "with about of research you can find a good RMA".
You must be kidding me. The simple fact that research is required to find a good RMA shoes how bent it is.

Once again, it is NOT hard not complicated to apply directly.
Stop scaring people. As long as you can read, write and upload a dicument, there us absolutely necessary need if a very very expensive 3rd party.
What people need us encouragement to go ahead. Not discouragement.
If you're capable to be on this forum, you're capable to apply yourself.
I have to do research to find a good mechanic to get my car fixed... same story.. nothing new

I am not scaring anyone.. as you might have seen in my other posts here I was just telling him exactly what you just said "As long as you can read, write and upload a dicument, there us absolutely necessary need if a very very expensive 3rd party."..

On another note, I did the whole application myself too and therefore know what I am talking about.


  #32 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 01:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Please update your flag here .

9 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
I like your last sentence "with about of research you can find a good RMA".
You must be kidding me. The simple fact that research is required to find a good RMA shoes how bent it is.

Once again, it is NOT hard not complicated to apply directly.
Stop scaring people. As long as you can read, write and upload a dicument, there us absolutely necessary need if a very very expensive 3rd party.
What people need us encouragement to go ahead. Not discouragement.
If you're capable to be on this forum, you're capable to apply yourself.
I have to do research to find a good mechanic to get my car fixed... same story.. nothing new

I am not scaring anyone.. as you might have seen in my other posts here I was just telling him exactly what you just said "As long as you can read, write and upload a dicument, there us absolutely necessary need if a very very expensive 3rd party."..

On another note, I did the whole application myself too and therefore know what I am talking about.

Fixing a car or a burst pipe requires some specific knowledge.
Applying for a visa doesn't. No more than signing in for this forum and reading carefully what's required....
You wouldn't writing anything else if you wanted to scare applicants....
Once again applying for a visa without RMA is easy.


  #33 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 03:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
9 likes given
Veronique, you have applied successfully for a certain type of visa ONCE!
You are certainly not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, your rabid attacks on RMA adds nothing to your credibility.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 116
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
15 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Fixing a car or a burst pipe requires some specific knowledge.
Applying for a visa doesn't. No more than signing in for this forum and reading carefully what's required....
You wouldn't writing anything else if you wanted to scare applicants....
Once again applying for a visa without RMA is easy.
For some it is, yes. For others, no.
You seem to be casting a very wide net.
For me, the whole PMV300 then 820/801 process was easy. I did it all myself with my wife as the applicant.
My wife, on the other hand, would've had absolutely no idea whatsoever in completing the process and if left up to her most likely would've resulted in a $7k+ donation to the Australian Government.


  #35 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Australia is not a banana republic and treat people from different country equally.
U

You assume that the visas are processed in Australia by Australians - My Senator told me that the country my partner was from, raises red flags. What was worse was visas were being processed in a country that was basically at war with my partners country.

To get visitor visas we were told we needed to leave a child behind - that was from an Australian.


  #36 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 09:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
I would think that a case officer would view an application made by an agent favourably in comparison to one that was done by the applicant/sponsor themselves.

Technically, shouldn’t be that way but would not surprise me if it is the case.

Last thing i cant wrap my head around is how much more expensive and long Australian visas (of all types) are in comparisons to US/UK/Canada/Europe etc.


  #37 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 10:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Please update your flag here .

9 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian08 View Post
I would think that a case officer would view an application made by an agent favourably in comparison to one that was done by the applicant/sponsor themselves.

Technically, shouldn’t be that way but would not surprise me if it is the case.

Last thing i cant wrap my head around is how much more expensive and long Australian visas (of all types) are in comparisons to US/UK/Canada/Europe etc.
I fully agree with your thoughts on the price of australian visa...

But not the one on the possibility of the case officers favouring applications presented by agents in comparison with one presented by the applicant or his/her sponsor.
If the applicant has uploaded all requested documents and is answering to questions swiftly, all applications are treated equally.


  #38 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
My sister sponsored her husband 309/100 visa and lodged the application 22 months ago. since the initial request for biometrics and health assessment, there has been no contact. They have tried calling immigration office and sent email to Australian embassy in Dubai but so far no response. My question is that at this point would it help to go to an immigration lawyer? I mean would they be more successful in contacting and finding out what is going on with case?


  #39 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 84
Please update your flag here .

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hania View Post
My sister sponsored her husband 309/100 visa and lodged the application 22 months ago. since the initial request for biometrics and health assessment, there has been no contact. They have tried calling immigration office and sent email to Australian embassy in Dubai but so far no response. My question is that at this point would it help to go to an immigration lawyer? I mean would they be more successful in contacting and finding out what is going on with case?
I doubt if immigration lawyer is any use in this case, you might try this https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...s-enquiry-form


  #40 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Please update your flag here .

9 likes received
[QUOTE=kodra;2002541][QUOTE=Hania;2002539]My sister sponsored her husband 309/100 visa and lodged the application 22 months ago. since the initial request for biometrics and health assessment, there has been no contact. They have tried calling immigration office and sent email to Australian embassy in Dubai but so far no response. My question is that at this point would it help to go to an immigration lawyer? I mean would they be more successful in contacting and finding out what is going on with case?

Hi,
Processing time fir a 309 visa is as follows :

75% of applications: 18 months
90% of applications: 26 months

22 months is well within the processing time.
Of course when you wait, it's very long but it should be processed soon...
A but more patience. And don't be too worried. It'll happen


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com