How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 5

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree52Likes

How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 5


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 775
Users Flag! From australia

177 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian08 View Post
Last thing i cant wrap my head around is how much more expensive and long Australian visas (of all types) are in comparisons to US/UK/Canada/Europe etc.
That is also offset by fewer conditions, eg uk & us needs to have a minimum income so people on centerlink would be ineligible.
It's not something that can be compared to that simply.


  #42 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian08 View Post
I would think that a case officer would view an application made by an agent favourably in comparison to one that was done by the applicant/sponsor themselves.

Technically, shouldn’t be that way but would not surprise me if it is the case.

Last thing i cant wrap my head around is how much more expensive and long Australian visas (of all types) are in comparisons to US/UK/Canada/Europe etc.
A few years ago DIBP got very embarrassed by a secret "Black List" of agents - they even commented they may make a gold list!

Made for very interesting reading and that the Case Officers only got allocated a few hours to "decide" an application. As the Case Officer is normally not the one that signs it off as approved - that is an Australian that signs off on what the Case Officer presents - Second Secretary in most cases and I got to speak to a few in my many applications, they even requested my next application (via a RMA) was directed directly to him. (approval within days after numerous refusals)

I am glad hard work by some have and are improving the corruption/incompetence that has/is happening within our migration system.


  #43 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Dear Miah,

Thank you for your prompt reply 19th August 2014, and
addressing my concerns with professionalism. I also
received your reply on 26 August 2014 this morning.

I am hoping that you can help me out further. I am a
little confused now as to what documentation is still
required. We have no problem with the
department ensuring the wellbeing and welfare in the
protection of children, and we expect no less.

"The department also takes seriously its obligations in
relation to the protection of children. As you know, one of
the methods we have for protecting children is ensuring that
all persons with parental responsibility for that child
(i.e. legal guardianship or custody), consent to the
movement of that child to Australia for a temporary
permanent basis. We therefore request either a completed
Form 1229 or a signed statement, as well as:"

Does this mean that a new Form 1229 is now required?

Or am I correct in assuming that we need to try and solicit
Mr. XXX's co-operation in providing a copy and
certified translation of another identity? Is another
Statement of Consent from the Ministry of Justice of the
Republic of Kazakhstan required?

"Unfortunately, the signatures on the statements and Form
1229 do not match that on Mr XXX's passport."

We would appreciate an understanding of how this is
determined. Knowing this would alleviate much
distress. We have a copy of that signature and cannot
see the problem only that the passport signature is
undefined which is quite normal on the plastic
coating. The angles and pressures appear to be
consistent. This is why we are concerned that if the
other signatures are rejected on the basis of definition
given surface, we may never get the approval that is needed,
if Mr. XXX cannot provide the right documents for your
approval.

"We have therefore requested that Ms XXX provides a
copy and certified translation of another Identity document
for Mr XXX which has a signature matching that on the
statements of consent,"

I¹m sure you can appreciate that even though Mr. XXX
is happy to consent to my fiancé and the children to come
and start a new life in Australia, he is also somewhat
unreliable and difficult, often abusive to my
fiancé. This is a difficult situation and
asking him to provide identity papers, problematic.

* I would like to advise, at this stage, that from the date
of your first reply, we immediately contacted Mr XXX to
obtain new documents (Form 1229, Statement of Consent and
any translated ID's), and he advised that he will but only
when he returns to the city. He has, so far, changed
the date he will be in the city - 3
times. His past history indicates his
personal activities are of far greater importance than that
of his concern of his children. He has never supported
them financially even when his mother was supplementing his
income for the benefit of the children and never contacts
them, even on birthdays - they are an inconvenience to
him. We also explained the importance of
the signature to the passport and said if he would be aware
of it and sign accordingly. We have no idea
as to when he may spare some of his time to supply the
documents.

Are there any other translated identity documents that would
be acceptable, if Mr. XXX does not have any such
identification other than the passport?

Is there an alternative method to statement of consent with
a signature matching that on Mr XXX's passport?
Is there an inter-country agreement of physical
identification or a verbal identity confirmation check that
can be used where it can be verified that it was indeed Mr.
XXX who signed the 3 forms of consent already
submitted? We have submitted one or more of
these forms on 5 occasions now and are aware of the penalty
of supplying fake documents and that penalty is enforceable
forever not just in the processing stage.

This is a concern for our distress given the number of
issued signatures that have been rejected on the basis of an
undefined passport signature with one being presented 3 x
previous and accepted before: that being, the
signature on the 1st statement of consent that a visa was
issued.

* In respect to all the matters you have addressed in your
detailed replies, I acknowledge that there are many things
beyond your control.
I have intensively researched the Visa, and in particular
the Partner Visa system as you can appreciate given the
personal investment. Things like the growing
waiting times are directly related to planning levels.
The reduction from 2009 started the ball rolling.
Little attention has been given to this situation by
successive governments since then given other immigration
issues taking precedence. Things like the immiaccount
online applications and central call centres, in my opinion,
are a step forward in the right direction but as all new
things have a few teething issues.
When I came across the time allocation given to Case
Officers I was shocked and can see it puts them under allot
of pressure knowing how much information is supplied in an
application. Consequently, in recent weeks,
I have enlisted the help of professionals and have "in
principle, support" of two political parties currently
lobbying the government. You may be aware of the
Research Report (recently submitted to the government) into
the Partner Visa Program (outlining the many benefits) in
the attempt to reduce the waiting times.

I appreciate your professional and prompt attention to this
matter Miah; the addressing of our concerns and potential
mistakes rectifying what you could. I appreciate that
you could see that my distress and anger in my communication
was out of frustration and I can hear that you are also
hamstrung with the frustration of added numbers seeking
PMV¹s. This is a very complex and frustrating
process of bureaucracy: consequently I acknowledge that
there¹s room for improvement which is done by addressing
concerns and problems as they come up. I will ensure
that if any further problems or issues arise, I will bring
them forward without the frustrated and angry tone of my
previous communication.

Thank you.

Thank you for your attention to this matter at your earliest
convenience.

This situation is complex and difficult: my fiancé
and I appreciate all your efforts, please help us to help
you. I have attached the signatures in concern and also copy
of mine for you to view our concern.

Regards


Aaron


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Fixing a car or a burst pipe requires some specific knowledge.
Applying for a visa doesn't. No more than signing in for this forum and reading carefully what's required....
You wouldn't writing anything else if you wanted to scare applicants....
Once again applying for a visa without RMA is easy.
I fix aircraft for a living - I also have laid claims and copies of visa communication.

I suggest you are giving illegal advice on migration ( I have done that often), I gave my illegal advice to the OP and I stand by that.

I also stand by the fact you talk ShYt - but happy to openly debate why I say that.

taco likes this.

  #45 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 129
Users Flag! From netherlands

46 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Taco,

The purpose of this thread is : how difficult is it to apply for an onshore visa?"
It's not about using the services of an RMA or not.
Actually, if you read the opening post the need for the use of an RMA is exactly the purpose of the thread, so you are being more than a little disingenuous here.

Is it easy? It is a little confusing, but with a clear cut application, some time, good English/document/IT skills, a low risk country and no complications, it is not too hard and with the help of a forum like this certainly doable.

But even if you fell into the above category, not everybody does.


  #46 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Currently the difficult part is returning to Australia, even more difficult is returning to Australia with your partner.


  #47 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2020, 02:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
From my agent at the time - note the "very careful approach" comment.

Hi Aaron –

I’m very sorry to report to you that DIBP has refused the visitor visa application – the attached just arrived.

My impression after reading the decision record is that their minds were already made up based on the recent refusal, and that they went hunting for any possible ways that they could defend what amounts to a pre-ordained decision. Their statement that “You have failed to submit any new evidence to show that the doubts about your circumstances and intentions are not justified.” is very telling in this regard, and utterly false since we certainly submitted substantial new evidence – from what I can see they’re basically lumping this with the previous refusal and then coming up with reasons to justify their decision and ignoring all the positive aspects of her application and the positive aspects of your invitation and support. I have to wonder whether they even took this application seriously, given how fast the turnaround was and the fact that they seem to justify their entire premise for refusal on aspects of the previous application.

They make absolutely no reference to any of the statements included, and absurdly claim that she has not demonstrated “strong employment” when we sent proof of a long-term job (which they acknowledged, but added the “claimed to be” phrase yet again) at a well-regarded institution, among other things.

The decision record is riddled with “claim to…” which infers an unproven claim, which is outrageous – “claim to be secondary school students”? This is a guilty-until-proven-innocent attitude where doubt is constantly injected into statements even in the face of incontrovertible, official, certified evidence. They also appear to be holding her limited previous international travel against her, rather than giving her credit for it.

Again, I’m sorry to have to deliver this bad news. I don’t know of anything you or I could have done differently or better with this application and we both gave this everything we had. Given the attitude they have taken towards XXX and her children, basically of a “guilty until proven innocent” attitude regarding her intentions to temporarily visit Australia, convicted essentially on what she might do while here, while ignoring overwhelming evidence that supports her and your position. It’s times like this that really get me angry about the “system” and blatantly unfair and wrong decisions like this one.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist going forward. If you are considering a fiancé or partner visa, I would suggest a very careful approach as, based on this letter, their attitude towards XXX’s claims is one of doubt and concern – that may very well carry over to other Australian visa application she may make. The best way to combat this generally is to spend as much time together with her as possible, whether it’s in her home country or elsewhere.

Best,

Mark


  #48 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2020, 03:34 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,260
Users Flag! From canada

1545 likes received
148 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
People need reassurance that applying for a visa is easy. As long as your eligible, you'll get it. No more no less. It's not debatable.
Unfortunately that's not true, many people who meet the eligibility criteria do not get visas for the simple reason that DHA may doubt the validity of the information provided, there may be some unique reasons that apply to the applicant's case, etc. So saying that no one needs an RMA is both false and misleading.

True that many people are able to successfully apply for visas themselves and if someone's situation is quite straightforward such as married for many years with lots of solid supporting evidence, but too often there's some quirk with health, police, previous relationships, periods living apart, family dislike of the partner, etc. and all of these can cause some reason for using a migration agent for assistance.

While it's great that you were able to get your visa without 3rd party assistance, it's misleading to say that applying for a visa is easy and that if someone's eligible they'll get the visa.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #49 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Fixing a car or a burst pipe requires some specific knowledge.
Applying for a visa doesn't. No more than signing in for this forum and reading carefully what's required....
You wouldn't writing anything else if you wanted to scare applicants....
Once again applying for a visa without RMA is easy.
You seem very quite to my reply's - any reason for the sudden change?


  #50 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 89
Please update your flag here .

10 likes received
The number of visas rejected due to not meeting the requirements are shockingly high. A classic example is the Post Study Work Visa, a friend of mine years ago had his visa rejected due to something trivial. Partner visas are way more complicated and are looked at by case officers differently. RMAs are there for a reason and I guess people will be people. It is easy to overlook information or assume certain information is unnecessary when in fact it is critical. I guess that is where an RMA can help by charging a fee. I look at the bigger picture, if you work full time and are planning to definitely settle down in Australia, spend a few thousands more to ensure you are given the right advice by an RMA. Take advice off forums with a large spoon of salt. Most people here speak based on their own personal experience, me included so someone with a complicated case may assume they are in a similar situation and then when it all falls apart it is too late. Hire an agent if you can, it is an investment. If you have a tight budget, then go it alone but put in the effort and time in your application.

aussiesteve likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com