How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 9

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree52Likes

How difficult is it to apply for an onshore relationship visa ourselves? - Page 9


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2020, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,018
Users Flag! From australia

1468 likes received
404 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCall View Post

It was a poor way to handle the situation IMO, imagine if visas were processed this way.

Fact is they have been, and still are.

aussiesteve and MrTambok like this.

  #82 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2020, 01:46 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,260
Users Flag! From canada

1545 likes received
148 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCall View Post
I don't disagree, but given you're a moderator and calling that person's opinion as false and misleading, when it's factually correct, is bullying or abuse of authority.

My personal opinion is that moderators shouldn't comment on post, as you hold a position of authority. They especially shouldn't call out post as false or misleading due to their opinion, happy for them to do so with fact and references, which you have not done.

The post was not as far as I am aware not in breach of a rule, so IMO a moderator should not have called the post false and misleading.

It was a poor way to handle the situation IMO, imagine if visas were processed this way.



That is not factually correct, by law if meet the eligibility criteria you can get the visa, that's what the law states. This does not mean you don't need to prove that you are eligible or that you maybe question/judged on it. But If you are technically eligible you get it. This may not be the case where your from, but Australia in based on the rule of law.



Yes but your comment claiming their post was false or misleading was out of line. Just because your a moderator doesn't give you libre cours/free rein to force your opinion on others. Doing so IMO is very poor form.
I've never seen a forum where moderators don't also post their own opinion Fortunately the forum administrators here also don't have any issue with it.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #83 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2020, 07:19 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCall View Post
I don't disagree, but given you're a moderator and calling that person's opinion as false and misleading, when it's factually correct, is bullying or abuse of authority.

My personal opinion is that moderators shouldn't comment on post, as you hold a position of authority. They especially shouldn't call out post as false or misleading due to their opinion, happy for them to do so with fact and references, which you have not done.

The post was not as far as I am aware not in breach of a rule, so IMO a moderator should not have called the post false and misleading.

It was a poor way to handle the situation IMO, imagine if visas were processed this way.



That is not factually correct, by law if meet the eligibility criteria you can get the visa, that's what the law states. This does not mean you don't need to prove that you are eligible or that you maybe question/judged on it. But If you are technically eligible you get it. This may not be the case where your from, but Australia in based on the rule of law.



Yes but your comment claiming their post was false or misleading was out of line. Just because your a moderator doesn't give you libre cours/free rein to force your opinion on others. Doing so IMO is very poor form.
I am neither a RMA or a Moderator, but I am an avid reader of this group.
Waiting for some action on my own partner's visa application I have plenty of time to spare, so I have been reading back over your previous posts, and I have come to the conclusion you are extremely generous with your lack of knowledge.
How many successful partner visa's have you been involved with? I would guess none, am I correct? Most amateur contributors here have had many years dealing with the Department , the RMAs have dealt with hundreds if not thousands of visas,
Yet you freely air your ignorance here in public, your most recent statement regarding the issuing of visas demonstrates your complete lack of comprehension of the real situation, ( i have spent hour after hour reading through previous posts, and they all have the same thread, there is no rhyme, reason or consistency in the issuing of visas.)
After reading your posts I am reminded of the old legal maxim: " A man who acts as his own counsel has a fool for their client"


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 11:22 AM
NightCall's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From mali

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco View Post
There have been plenty of posters here (not RMAs) with a lot of personal experience who attest to that fact. Rule of law is very different from individual cases being judged by case officers with limited time and having to make a judgement based on the materials presented. The fact that many refusals get appealed and overturned is an indication that refusals happen in situations where they shouldn't. So that is a fact.
Immigration officers are bound strictly by the law, their judgement is based on the meeting the eligibility criteria under law. The AAT can take other matters into consideration that an Immigration officer can not.

That's why they are call the Appeals Tribunal they can undertake a independent merits review of a administrative decisions made by the Australian Government.

Merit is not the same as applying the law as its stands which the department must do.


Last edited by NightCall; 12-12-2020 at 11:46 AM.

  #85 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 11:32 AM
NightCall's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From mali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
I've never seen a forum where moderators don't also post their own opinion Fortunately the forum administrators here also don't have any issue with it.
Still does not make it a major conflict of interest, a fair and honest person would abstain from doing so.

Its standard practise in Government and regulatory roles and IMO its shows a level of unprofessionalism and like I have show, opens you up to be accused of by baised, which you really can't defend.


  #86 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 11:45 AM
NightCall's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From mali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTambok View Post
How many successful partner visa's have you been involved with? I would guess none, am I correct?
No you are not correct Mr Tambok (I do hope you understand what your username means), I maybe new to this forum and to you, that is just your perspective on the situation and a rather limited one at that as lot of people would know my username.

There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTambok View Post
Most amateur contributors here have had many years dealing with the Department , the RMAs have dealt with hundreds if not thousands of visas,
I am no amateur, I just play for a different team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTambok View Post
Yet you freely air your ignorance here in public, your most recent statement regarding the issuing of visas demonstrates your complete lack of comprehension of the real situation
Would help to understand what you are talking about if you quoted this ignorance that which you claim! or at least reference it.

Otherwise your post just seems like gibberish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTambok View Post
i have spent hour after hour reading through previous posts, and they all have the same thread, there is no rhyme, reason or consistency in the issuing of visas.)
After reading your posts I am reminded of the old legal maxim: "
I have 13 post in total on this forum! 3 of them posted today after your post. Why has it taken you "hour after hour reading through previous posts" to read them?

If it's taken you that long I would suggest a RMA to assist you with your application.


Last edited by NightCall; 12-12-2020 at 03:14 PM.

  #87 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 125
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
12 likes given
Most people don't need RMA's, if you have the basic skills to fill out an application and prepare documents, most can do it themselves and not spend thousands of dollars unnecessarily. They will then argue that you are risking $7000+ in fees, bla, bla, bla. It's often a scare tactic as I have seen how those who are fraught with anxiety respond.

There is a lot that can be gleaned on this forum, but a few of the regulars make it unpleasant with their condescending attitudes, such as the moderator who was rude to you. She did the same to me and others and subsequently turned us off this forum. Not typical of a Canadian either, most have better manners.


Last edited by Aztec; 12-12-2020 at 01:34 PM.

  #88 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 125
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Sorry paulhand but I fully agree brian08 : when one pays 8000$ for the visa application, one doesn't need to pay any extra money to an agent who does NOT have any power to speed up the process.
It's such a simple process that I still don't understand why anybody would give one dollar to an agent.
All questions are answered on the immigration website and a forum like this will help and give tips which are all free and first hand from people who have been through the process.
Don't waste money!
Well said, no reason to waste money. Some applicants may have language issues, but other than that it's lengthy but not that complicated. It's all spelled out pretty clearly, save for the odd Aussie phrasing here and there.


  #89 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Please update your flag here .

9 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Sorry paulhand but I fully agree brian08 : when one pays 8000$ for the visa application, one doesn't need to pay any extra money to an agent who does NOT have any power to speed up the process.
It's such a simple process that I still don't understand why anybody would give one dollar to an agent.
All questions are answered on the immigration website and a forum like this will help and give tips which are all free and first hand from people who have been through the process.
Don't waste money!
Well said, no reason to waste money. Some applicants may have language issues, but other than that it's lengthy but not that complicated. It's all spelled out pretty clearly, save for the odd Aussie phrasing here and there.

Couldn't agree more!


  #90 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 125
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique en Australie View Post
Couldn't agree more!
I have not been here for quite some time but if you search some of my old posts I linked the education requirements for RMA's and other related info. A moderator got upset about them and either deleted or moved them. They were purely informative, but it seemed to "threaten" some of those flogging their services. It became apparent that there was another agenda here....


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com