Permanent Residency Expiry - Covid

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Permanent Residency Expiry - Covid


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Permanent Residency Expiry - Covid

Hi everyone,
I currently hold a Permanent residency which is going to "expire" in December if I do not return to Australia before.
My big issue is due to flight restrictions, my flights have been cancelled and I have no way to secure a date to return to Australia before December.
I have contacter the immigration and they told me to apply for the "Resident return visa" but I am quite sure I will not get it as I need to fill some criterias like ties with Aus etc to get it.

Do you guys had / have the same issue if so how did you cope with it?

Thank you all for your help and good luck !


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2020, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 830
Users Flag! From uk

183 likes received
69 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinounou View Post
Hi everyone,
I currently hold a Permanent residency which is going to "expire" in December if I do not return to Australia before.
My big issue is due to flight restrictions, my flights have been cancelled and I have no way to secure a date to return to Australia before December.
I have contacter the immigration and they told me to apply for the "Resident return visa" but I am quite sure I will not get it as I need to fill some criterias like ties with Aus etc to get it.

Do you guys had / have the same issue if so how did you cope with it?

Thank you all for your help and good luck !
If you want to maintain your PR status you need to return before your visa expires or get a resident return visa (RRV).

If your eligibility is not simple you should get some professional advice. These types of RRV are now taking 3months+ to process.

I have had several clients who have returned to Australia recently ... itís difficult but not impossible.

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From oman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinounou View Post
Hi everyone,
I currently hold a Permanent residency which is going to "expire" in December if I do not return to Australia before.
My big issue is due to flight restrictions, my flights have been cancelled and I have no way to secure a date to return to Australia before December.
I have contacter the immigration and they told me to apply for the "Resident return visa" but I am quite sure I will not get it as I need to fill some criterias like ties with Aus etc to get it.

Do you guys had / have the same issue if so how did you cope with it?

Thank you all for your help and good luck !

I am also facing the same issue now.. Just wondering to know what have you done here? How did you contact the immigration? Any email id or phone number?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 830
Users Flag! From uk

183 likes received
69 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by idreesshah View Post
I am also facing the same issue now.. Just wondering to know what have you done here? How did you contact the immigration? Any email id or phone number?
You cannot extend a permanent visa. If you want to maintain your PR status you need to return before your visa expires or apply for, and be granted, a resident return visa (RRV).

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From oman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhand View Post
You cannot extend a permanent visa. If you want to maintain your PR status you need to return before your visa expires or apply for, and be granted, a resident return visa (RRV).


Can I request for RRV based on the Covid-19 pandemic and Travel Cap imposed by Australian Government?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2021, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 830
Users Flag! From uk

183 likes received
69 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by idreesshah View Post
Can I request for RRV based on the Covid-19 pandemic and Travel Cap imposed by Australian Government?
No, you can apply for an RRV based on your substantial ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia. Unless you have been gone for more than 5 years, your reasons for absence are not relevant.

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2021, 09:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From oman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhand View Post
No, you can apply for an RRV based on your substantial ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia. Unless you have been gone for more than 5 years, your reasons for absence are not relevant.
Is maintaining bank account with CommonWealth Bank of Australia being consider a substantial ties?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2021, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 830
Users Flag! From uk

183 likes received
69 likes given
It’s probably best if you get some professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances to ensure you understand what is needed here.

__________________
Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com