485 Post-study Visa | What is considered as Overseas Qualifications?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

485 Post-study Visa | What is considered as Overseas Qualifications?

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Post 485 Post-study Visa | What is considered as Overseas Qualifications?

TLDR: What is considered as overseas qualifications?

Hello everyone,

I hope your day is going well.

I have a quick question regarding my application for 485 Post-Study Workstream visa.

In the online application, I have to provide at least 1 overseas qualification but I do not have any. So I mitigated it by putting the Qualifications to 'Other' and put 'None' in the Course name, Institution name and Campus.

At the attach file section the application asks for Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of so I did not attach anything and provided an explanation as below:

"I cannot provide Evidence of Qualifications - Overseas as I did not achieve any. However, the application form requires at least one entry for that section so I set the Qualifications to 'Other' and put 'None' in the Course name, Institution name and Campus."

Once I have lodged the application, the attach documents page still asks for the Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of.

My question is what counts as an overseas qualification? Must it be a post-secondary education like university degree? or does highschool diploma counted?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,738
Users Flag! From australia

965 likes received
408 likes given
Having asked that question, it might pay you to consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum, before you commit to a course of action.


Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072

Reply With Quote

485 visa, overseas qualification

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.