which visa?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

which visa?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

which visa?

Hello everyone, new on here.

My partner and I have decided we want to emigrate to Queensland. I have an auntie there and all my cousins. She has said they would sponsor us and we can stay with them at first. ( we are from uk)

We want to work over there and have not got a clue which visa. I work as financial administrator have nvq 2 and nvq 3 (city and guilds recognised) in business and administration. I also work mobile as qualified hair extensionist/ spray tanner/ acrylic nail technician which I have the certificates for all. So dont know how to incorporate all these.
My partner has a tyre business mobile also has hgv licence and pcv licence.

We would like to go as soon as we can. We are going to visit my Auntie for a holiday to have a good look around and check jobs but we need to get the ball rolling on the visa application.

Any ideas which one to go for? We have looked on all the websites but we are just confused.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Hi Blueberry and welcome to the forum

You ought to have a look for a start at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf and see where you're placed in relation to financial occupations though if your hair extensionist qualification meets the hair dresser qualification requirement, there are currently greater points awarded for that.
Going back to Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and selecting Visa Options you'll see that you have a 176 visa as probably most appropriate on the basis of having approved qualifications.

If your points stack up, then you can go to Vetassess to check that your qualifications should be OK by first checking their site info - VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services and then put in an application for occupational assessment to confirm - that being the first step re any GSM application.

You also ought to have a look @ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf as processing of visas has been considerably tightened this year and any occupations not on what they call the CSL will be a number of years getting through and a review is currently under way that will not likely make the considerations any more generous.

You'll note that the link on processing gives top priority to Employer Sponsored Visas - Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration there being the 457 temporary or the ENS/RSMS for permanent and the 457 can be used as a stepping stone though getting any will take some time and be tough going as any immigrants are also going to be competing with out of work Aussies.

I'm not familiar with your partners licences but if they are transport or earthmoving equipment licences they are not on Skills lists but in going for a GSM visa, only one of a couple needs to Qualify as a primary applicant and a partner can be seondary applicant on same visa, relationship criteria of essentially a minimum 12 months together needing to be met if unmarried.

So see if you get all that and coming out for a holiday to have a look around is a good idea as that'll certainly be easier to see what chance of sponsorship you'll have.

I'd also suggest that if you're both less than 31, or even just one of you, then having a look at a WHV may be an option for an extended trip - http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

You may not immediately get work in your field but getting any sort of work is good and if you do three months of specific work as listed in the visa you can qualify for a second 12 months and the longer you're here, the more likely possibly that you could pick up sponsorship.

And even without working all the time there's some cheap travelling options if you have a look in the travel section and som of the threads, campervan relocations, budget flights here in Australia and over to Asia etc.

Welcome to AirAsia.com, The World's Best Low-Cost Airline do really cheap flights Stansted via KL to the GC in Queensland [just near Brisbane] too if you haven't yet booked your flights.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.