Student Visa - Work Condition 8104 Urgent Help required

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Student Visa - Work Condition 8104 Urgent Help required

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2021, 10:44 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Student Visa - Work Condition 8104 Urgent Help required

Hey Everyone,

I need an urgent help regarding Visa Condition 8104.

My wife was a diploma student while I was in spouse visa. Hence, I had this Visa condition 8104.

I have received a job offer from regional Victoria on Oct 2020 and immediately my wife started a master degree course from November 2020 and we applied for a new 500 subclass visa so that I can have a full time employment option.

We have done our medical on December, but till now haven't got any response yet. (just wondering may be it is because the visa subclass is still the same which is 500 and the previous visa will expire on June 2021).

As per my current visa work condition 8104, that is being provided with the diploma student visa grant , it says:

"If the course of the study the primary student visa holder undertakes is for a masters or doctoral degree then you are permitted to work more than 40 hours per fortnight but only in these circumstances"

Since, my wife stopped studying diploma and already started studying masters from Nov 2020, doesn't that mean I can start working full time now once I provide the CoE to my employer as an evidence showing she is not a master degree student?

Kindly help pls. Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2021, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,741
Users Flag! From australia

967 likes received
408 likes given
Probably yes. I suggest that you take professional advice.

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.