Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By louiseb
  • 1 Post By CollegeGirl
  • 1 Post By onemorecountry
  • 2 Post By CollegeGirl

Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:21 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou

Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou

We are pleased to announce the introduction of an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Guangzhou.

The introduction of the AVAC is part of improvements to service delivery in China and will provide more convenient access to immigration services for clients through greater access to information, extended service hours and streamlined processing.

Show allHide all
Location of the AVAC
Application lodgement
Services provided at the AVAC
Processing of applications lodged at the AVAC
More information
Overview

SEE LINK BELOW
Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou

newestlife and itishreee like this.
__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
14 likes given
Thank you very much, this option could be of great help!
Just a quick question: is there any benefit for lodging an application from China instead of from Australia?


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 02:34 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,031
Users Flag! From usa

4418 likes received
6267 likes given
Newestlife - it just depends on what type of visa you're applying for and whether you plan to lodge offshore or onshore. If you're in Australia when you're ready to apply, you can't just send your application to china and apply there. Conversely, if you're outside Australia, you can't send your application to Australia to apply. You apply where you are.

newestlife likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Newestlife - it just depends on what type of visa you're applying for and whether you plan to lodge offshore or onshore. If you're in Australia when you're ready to apply, you can't just send your application to china and apply there. Conversely, if you're outside Australia, you can't send your application to Australia to apply. You apply where you are.
Thank you.
So basically there is no difference, I mean once all paperwork is ready it doesn't matter if it's sent to China or Australia Immi office (depending on where I am).
By the way, "Prospective Marriage Visa".
Cross posting.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,031
Users Flag! From usa

4418 likes received
6267 likes given
Ahhh... With the PMV you can ONLY apply offshore (outside Australia). You cannot apply in Australia for that visa.

There is a difference, though, for other types of partner visas (spouse or defacto). Offshore is cheaper and faster, usually, while onshore allows you to stay with your partner, gives you full working rights in Australia once your previous visa expires, gives you access to Medicare, etc.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Ahhh... With the PMV you can ONLY apply offshore (outside Australia). You cannot apply in Australia for that visa.
I'm a bit confused here, I'm in Australia and she is in China so I submit the application in Australia (onshore), is this the case?

Quote:
There is a difference, though, for other types of partner visas (spouse or defacto). Offshore is cheaper and faster, usually, while onshore allows you to stay with your partner, gives you full working rights in Australia once your previous visa expires, gives you access to Medicare, etc.
In my case it would be complicated to go to China and marry her (it's too long to explain here) but knowing that there is an Immi office right there not too far from her, it makes me feel more comfortable.


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Users Flag! From austria

41 likes received
23 likes given
she has to submit the application offshore as she is the applicant.

newestlife likes this.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
14 likes given
I'm getting more confused now also I worry we go off topic here.

I already spoke to some agents here (I didn't like them) and they talked like they can do it, so how does it work since they are in Australia?
Also MARA web site advise to get a registered agent, but they are still based in Australia.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,031
Users Flag! From usa

4418 likes received
6267 likes given
Yes. Agents in Australia can still help you with offshore applicants (my agent is in Australia as well - I am in the US). They simply mail your fiancee's application to the embassy in China when it is ready to go. Being based in Australia, they are generally far better versed in Australian immigration law and better able to help you.

Your fiancee is Chinese and located in China. You are the Australian, and you are sponsoring her for a prospective marriage visa. Is that correct?

If so, she will apply in China. You cannot submit the application in Australia. It has to go to the embassy in China.

When her Prospective Marriage Visa is granted, you will have nine months to marry. You can do that in Australia or anywhere else in the world you like, as long as you marry within nine months of her visa being granted.

Does that clear things up for you? If not, feel free to ask all the questions you want - it does seem you're confused about the process and I want to make sure you understand as it's easy to trip yourself up over these things.

newestlife and itishreee like this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Yes. Agents in Australia can still help you with offshore applicants (my agent is in Australia as well - I am in the US). They simply mail your fiancee's application to the embassy in China when it is ready to go. Being based in Australia, they are generally far better versed in Australian immigration law and better able to help you.

Your fiancee is Chinese and located in China. You are the Australian, and you are sponsoring her for a prospective marriage visa. Is that correct?

If so, she will apply in China. You cannot submit the application in Australia. It has to go to the embassy in China.

When her Prospective Marriage Visa is granted, you will have nine months to marry. You can do that in Australia or anywhere else in the world you like, as long as you marry within nine months of her visa being granted.

Does that clear things up for you? If not, feel free to ask all the questions you want - it does seem you're confused about the process and I want to make sure you understand as it's easy to trip yourself up over these things.
Yes it's very clear now and sorry for asking noob question.

I still am struggling about what is our best option, would it be best if we marry in China then we apply for permanent (forgot the exact name) Visa ?
I also am confident that I need an (TRUSTED) immigration agent so if anyone got one, please don't hesitate to introduce to me.

I worry here I'm going off topic so if anyone wants to give any suggestion, please head to my thread: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...ight-visa.html

Thanks in advance.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Australian Biometric Collection Centre bastou26 Visas and immigration 1 07-29-2013 01:21 PM
Help with message from Visa Information & Application Centre scentense General chit-chat and news 1 07-31-2011 08:45 PM
Sue from guangzhou,China shaoshan Jobs and work 0 04-11-2011 12:07 PM
Student Visa application Query - boyfriend is Australian Furryball Visas and immigration 2 01-12-2011 06:16 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com