WA Immigration Settlement Funds Transfer-176

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

WA Immigration Settlement Funds Transfer-176


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Please update your flag here .

WA Immigration Settlement Funds Transfer-176

Dear All,
I got WA sponsorship under Visa sub class 176.
One of the commitments with WA is that I shall transfer a certain amount of money to assist me in settling down in WA.
My question is will I need to show a proof of the money transfered? If so at what point in time? Will it be at port of entry? Or this is only a personal commitment to ensure that I have enough funds but I won't need to show any proof.

The state sponsorship agreement states as below;

"State sponsorship has been granted to you based on the commitment you intend to make to this state as outlined in your application;
1. Remain living in WA.........
2. You keep the WA Govt informed of your contacts....
3. You complete a settlement survey......
4. You transfer around AUD............ into WA for living costs and domestic arrangements."

My question is in relation to bullet No 4.

Whoever has an answer to my question will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and wish you all a happy and prosperous 2010.

Kind Regards
Salim.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Whether or not WA have specified an ammount or in what type of account it needs to be deposited is up to the WA government re granting of state nomination.

If they have already granted the nomination and that information has been relayed to the immigration department for your visa application to be a 176, once the 176 has been granted, the WA government have no authority over you having a visa and a right to enter Australia.

Their time to do something about it would be prior to your visa being processed and considering a cancellation of nomination if you did not abide by their conditions.
If they have not been specific about the funds and you want to comply, contact the WA department who issued the nomination.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Please update your flag here .

Dear Wanderer,
Thank you for your quick response; this has assisted me in answering my fundamental concern.
Kind Regards
Salim


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2010, 06:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

The same true of other undertakings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
If they have already granted the nomination and that information has been relayed to the immigration department for your visa application to be a 176, once the 176 has been granted, the WA government have no authority over you having a visa and a right to enter Australia.

Their time to do something about it would be prior to your visa being processed and considering a cancellation of nomination if you did not abide by their conditions.
Does the same apply to the other undertakings (esp to live and work in regional area) provided to WA for state sponsorship? If those undertakings are breached, can there be any repercussions, for example, cancellation of subclass 176 visa or refusal to grant citizenship?


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

i need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim Daghar View Post
Dear All,
I got WA sponsorship under Visa sub class 176.
One of the commitments with WA is that I shall transfer a certain amount of money to assist me in settling down in WA.
My question is will I need to show a proof of the money transfered? If so at what point in time? Will it be at port of entry? Or this is only a personal commitment to ensure that I have enough funds but I won't need to show any proof.

The state sponsorship agreement states as below;

"State sponsorship has been granted to you based on the commitment you intend to make to this state as outlined in your application;
1. Remain living in WA.........
2. You keep the WA Govt informed of your contacts....
3. You complete a settlement survey......
4. You transfer around AUD............ into WA for living costs and domestic arrangements."

My question is in relation to bullet No 4.

Whoever has an answer to my question will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and wish you all a happy and prosperous 2010.

Kind Regards
Salim.
Dear Salim,
i applied for WA's state sponsorship as well but in the application i wrote $10,000 as liquid funds to bring with me..they sent me an email saying this amount is not enough!! they asked if i have access to additional liquid funds!!!!
so how much do u think would b enough? what's the minimum amount of liquid fund that is required by the state? do u think they will ask for a bank statement??
im really confused & dont know how to reply to their email
i need ur help plz


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
Does the same apply to the other undertakings (esp to live and work in regional area) provided to WA for state sponsorship? If those undertakings are breached, can there be any repercussions, for example, cancellation of subclass 176 visa or refusal to grant citizenship?
176 visas are statewide and not regional.
If people do go for a state nomination to achieve a higher priority for processing only to blatantly ignore the nomination to live somewhere else, they deserve a good kicking, perhaps straight back out of Australia and may receive it.





  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihab View Post
Dear Salim,
i applied for WA's state sponsorship as well but in the application i wrote $10,000 as liquid funds to bring with me..they sent me an email saying this amount is not enough!! they asked if i have access to additional liquid funds!!!!
so how much do u think would b enough? what's the minimum amount of liquid fund that is required by the state? do u think they will ask for a bank statement??
im really confused & dont know how to reply to their email
i need ur help plz
Someone posted there is a reference for one of the states re $25,000 being seen as a suitable nominal ammount.

So many people think getting a visa to Australia is the door to a much better life with giving little thought to what moving to another country will mean and so one thing state governments may expect is that people have made an effort to investigate housing and living costs, employment and other aspects.
If that is done and people think about how long is a reasonable time to allow for getting employment and what will happen if you do not then you may get an idea of what finances would be suitable and what is your alternate plan or plans.

If you now say, yes I have $$X then they may be curious as to where it came from and like to see some evidence.





Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
low on funds! gazza Visas and immigration 2 10-07-2011 07:30 AM
Spouse/Settlement Visa For UK (Help Please) bob4shirl Visas and immigration 1 10-09-2010 04:24 AM
"Sufficient Funds for Settlement" - Guidance needed for QLD nickyc Visas and immigration 7 08-19-2010 12:13 AM
Queensland State Sponsorship - Settlement Funds? rainbowchaser Visas and immigration 1 05-09-2010 06:11 AM
WHV funds Sparky243 Visas and immigration 3 03-06-2010 12:30 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com