Visitor Visa for my Girlfriend - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes

Visitor Visa for my Girlfriend - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
Which visa are you intending to apply for ?
I'm not even sure anymore... ((( It's like every time I'm trying to explore my opting all the doors closing on me. ((

I can't Apply for PMV or Difecto or Any Partner Visa, Because I'm not a Permeant Resident. I cannot get a Permanent Residency here in Australia, because although I live her for 2 years I didn't have the same Employer EVER!!! An right now I'm a sole Trader Freelancing (2 - 3 months now)

I can not get 461 Visa, because, although I am a NZ Citizen Me and My Girlfriend only lived together for 2 - 3 weeks so far(We did kept in touch for nearly a year now.. Skype, Email, Calls, Sydney Tickets, Photos so forth)


She can't get a Working Visa, because her Job is not in a LIST of Jobs for that VISA ((

Turns out for Student visa she had to Support herself (thats ALOOOOT of money for a year) Even if I can find a way to support her I require to show in my BANL account 40 - 50 thousand just laying around....


I really Don't know what to do (((!


I can make another Visitor Visa for her, maybe even for 6 -7 months, but that's it and then we will get separated again for god knows how long.... 1 -2 years!!!!!!


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:57 AM
GBP GBP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Users Flag! From australia

466 likes received
60 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndalian View Post
I'm not even sure anymore... ((( It's like every time I'm trying to explore my opting all the doors closing on me. ((

I can't Apply for PMV or Difecto or Any Partner Visa, Because I'm not a Permeant Resident. I cannot get a Permanent Residency here in Australia, because although I live her for 2 years I didn't have the same Employer EVER!!! An right now I'm a sole Trader Freelancing (2 - 3 months now)

I can not get 461 Visa, because, although I am a NZ Citizen Me and My Girlfriend only lived together for 2 - 3 weeks so far(We did kept in touch for nearly a year now.. Skype, Email, Calls, Sydney Tickets, Photos so forth)


She can't get a Working Visa, because her Job is not in a LIST of Jobs for that VISA ((

Turns out for Student visa she had to Support herself (thats ALOOOOT of money for a year) Even if I can find a way to support her I require to show in my BANL account 40 - 50 thousand just laying around....


I really Don't know what to do (((!


I can make another Visitor Visa for her, maybe even for 6 -7 months, but that's it and then we will get separated again for god knows how long.... 1 -2 years!!!!!!
Get a PR for yourself first.


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
Get a PR for yourself first.
I CAN'T!

I mean I technically can, but I have to work at my job for at least 2 years before apply plus after that I have to wait for Residency which is another 6 -12 months time, so 3 year before apply for visa... (((

I haven't seen my Girlfriend for 8 months and I'm already struggling... 2 Years of wait would kill our Relationship!!!!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
It sounds to me like if you really want to be together you're going to have to go elsewhere to do it...

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Can she sponsor you? Can you sponsor her in New Zealand since that's where your citizenship is? Can both of you get a visa to live somewhere else with less restrictive working visa policies for a year?

ndalian likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Can she sponsor you? Can you sponsor her in New Zealand since that's where your citizenship is? Can both of you get a visa to live somewhere else with less restrictive working visa policies for a year?
Australia is where we wont, but yes absolutely right we can go NZ to live for 5 -6 years before moving back to OZ. However I don't want. If we have to we will. But New Zealand Sucks! It's a beautiful country, but its a little kid compare to Australia!!!


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
I understand, but think of it this way. You're not a citizen or PR of Australia. If you were from any other country, you'd have no right to sponsor someone to live in Australia, regardless of if you were married or living together, etc. You have MORE rights than most people for sponsoring in this kind of situation. Many people can't even live in Australia no matter how much they want to.. I know that doesn't help, just trying to put it a little more in perspective.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
I understand, but think of it this way. You're not a citizen or PR of Australia. If you were from any other country, you'd have no right to sponsor someone to live in Australia, regardless of if you were married or living together, etc. You have MORE rights than most people for sponsoring in this kind of situation. Many people can't even live in Australia no matter how much they want to.. I know that doesn't help, just trying to put it a little more in perspective.
There is always a way. Apparently I just found out, that I can get a NZ partner Special Visa (Which is 461 with a condition), if she lives with me in Australia for at least 6 months and if we were in a relationship before (not living together!) Plus if we can prove to them that we have a genuine relationship (I'm planning to propose to her in Thailand). We'll include pictures from when she was in Sydney, the tickets, Skype chats, emails, Our old letters from 2001 -2003 years and some pictures from back when we were kids together in Russia. It's a slight chance and no guarantee, but we can try!

CollegeGirl likes this.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
I don't know anything about that visa, but best of luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VISA for my Girlfriend from Russia ndalian Visas and immigration 54 10-15-2013 09:23 AM
tourist visa for mexican girlfriend? hucklee Visas and immigration 23 06-14-2013 02:35 AM
Little advice with Serbian girlfriend and visa Partizani Visas and immigration 6 01-09-2013 08:52 AM
How to add my girlfriend to my 457 visa andy51086 Visas and immigration 3 02-15-2012 09:24 AM
Which Visa for Japanese girlfriend to live with me? perth98 Visas and immigration 7 05-23-2009 02:29 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com