Family sponsored 176 visa query.

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Family sponsored 176 visa query.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Family sponsored 176 visa query.

I have electronically applied (aug 09) for a 176 visa sponsored by a family member who is an Australian citizen. At no point have i been asked for or provided a link for any information regarding my sponsor all of which i have. Is this just a case of waiting for a CO to be assigned and then they will ask for the details? I know i will be waiting some time for my application to be processed anyway but just want to make sure i dont make a stupid mistake whilst i am waiting.

thanks

Robin


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by rweston View Post
I have electronically applied (aug 09) for a 176 visa sponsored by a family member who is an Australian citizen. At no point have i been asked for or provided a link for any information regarding my sponsor all of which i have. Is this just a case of waiting for a CO to be assigned and then they will ask for the details? I know i will be waiting some time for my application to be processed anyway but just want to make sure i dont make a stupid mistake whilst i am waiting.

thanks

Robin
Hello Robin and welcome to the forum.
Been a while since I've looked at an online application and can't access one at the moment because they probably link your email address to only one application being open.

But looking at the paper based Checklist - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener..._checklist.pdf it is not quite too specific, the sponsorship just being referred to as other information, there also being an online Checklist and if you've not looked at that I would just for the additional info re Citizen/PR and relationship evidence to be required.

Also, if you look at the sponsorship form - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1277.pdf it indicates if the relative [read applicant] has applied online then so the sponsor also needs to complete the sponsorship online and whether or not there is something in the online Checklist or not, it looks like that needs to be done.

If it hasn't been done and your rellie cannot get access, it could be because of you having applied back in August and so you may need to contact DIAC and you can do that via their contact link - Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship , using a post lodgement enquiry.

Just an aside too, and have you considered looking at employer sponsored visas for depending on your occupation visa processing could be quite a number of years.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Thanks Wanderer - i have now contacted them and await their reply.

I am applying for positions i see advertised and have yet to have any success - i guess its very difficult to try and perusade a company that it is worth hiring someone over the other side of the world when they can get someone locally more easily. My position is in demand - as stated on the immigration website's jobs section and looks set to continue be a sought after position in 2010/2011...but yet it is not on the CSL, and unlikely I guess to be added anytime soon!

I will check other threads to see if its been raised before but i wonder what would be the best course of action in maximising your chances of securing an employer sponsored visa - using local english agencies that have international positions, is it worth travelling out to Oz to sign up with local agencies and try and make some contacts and/or just keep applying for jobs from here. The frustrating thing for me is my skills and experience seem to be heavily in demand at the moment with all the investment in rail in australia (i am a construction/rail safety and environmental health manager) and myself and my young family want to settle in Oz and have money to invest and family and friends already over there. Its frustrating like i say but I know we will get there one day .


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

hi to all !
I am also a Aug 09 applicant with family sponsored , CSL and MODL , CO assigned in Oct 09 and asked for PCC and Meds which submitted same month . Stii waiting for any news . What to do ???


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by rweston View Post
Thanks Wanderer - i have now contacted them and await their reply.

I am applying for positions i see advertised and have yet to have any success - i guess its very difficult to try and perusade a company that it is worth hiring someone over the other side of the world when they can get someone locally more easily. My position is in demand - as stated on the immigration website's jobs section and looks set to continue be a sought after position in 2010/2011...but yet it is not on the CSL, and unlikely I guess to be added anytime soon!

I will check other threads to see if its been raised before but i wonder what would be the best course of action in maximising your chances of securing an employer sponsored visa - using local english agencies that have international positions, is it worth travelling out to Oz to sign up with local agencies and try and make some contacts and/or just keep applying for jobs from here. The frustrating thing for me is my skills and experience seem to be heavily in demand at the moment with all the investment in rail in australia (i am a construction/rail safety and environmental health manager) and myself and my young family want to settle in Oz and have money to invest and family and friends already over there. Its frustrating like i say but I know we will get there one day .
Australia has not been totally insulated from the international economic woes of the last year or so and unemployment did rise even if not as high as in other countries and so getting countries here interested in sponsoring from abroad is not an easy task.

Interestingly however it is that area which the government has nominated as top priority for immigration and so hopefully there'll be continued moving towards that by employers and that may help you.

I've read of immigrants coming here with visas and not being able to readily find work but many also do and it probably depends on both skills area and endeavour; then there are people who do recce trips and there have been successes re people finding sponsors that way.

I suppose you ought to consider all avenues possible and in the first instance you do not necessarily need to come to Australia to get registered with agencies.
Welcome to Hire A Migrant is one agency that seems to specialise in helping migrants/potential migrants and Jamie has a good feel for the immigration scene - could be worth contacting.
[ You can tell him Wanderer still has that ES niche market in mind for him.]

There are also agencies that specialise in specific industry areas and your construction/rail experience probably suits you to resource development projects, particularly where rail works is to be involved.
http://www.aslr.com.au/ is typical of the numerous industry type agencies about - [searched Resource Projects Recruitment].

One such project which is barely on the planning table is a massive Queensland coal to China project that has been announced, a new 500 km. railway and port loading facilities to be involved.
Palmer's coal deal is solid: Fraser is a news article about it and though there is a bit of hoohaa over what has been agreed to, I'd reckon that with China's growing demand something will happen.
Also likely to be some significant environmental issues to be addressed.

There are also a couple of large Gas export projects a bit further advanced in WA and so doing a search on Mining/Construction recruitment and seeing how you go with agencies in those areas might also be worth a go.
Gorgon | Our Businesses | Chevron Australia
Woodside are links to the companies involved.

Skills boost needed for LNG industry another associated article for Queensland.
Monadelphous - Boddington Gold Mine Expansion is another company with large resource projects in various locations.

You may find that some of those development companies do not directly get involved in sponsoring and a lot of their work could be contracted out and so agencies should be good for more detailed knowledge.

One way or another, I'd build up a bit of knowledge about what the larger projects in Australia look to be for this decade and then if you do decide on a trip out you'll have some idea of where to head, an ETA - Business possibly the best visa to use for a recce as immigration can oppose people using the ETA visitor visas [ more designed for holidays] to come on anything less than a holiday.

Another source of getting information on projects will be state government websites as they usually have departments for state development etc., and especially the Environment as does the federal government.

The more you're familiar with Australian environmental politics the better placed you'll be.





  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by engrrubbani View Post
hi to all !
I am also a Aug 09 applicant with family sponsored , CSL and MODL , CO assigned in Oct 09 and asked for PCC and Meds which submitted same month . Stii waiting for any news . What to do ???
Contact the CO!





  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Applications lodged on line, then require the supporting doucmentation to be added electronically. Recently DIAC have limited this to 30 documents. I can assure you that any document not 'attached' to the application will be requested when a case officer is actively working on the application. In some cases they actually request documents that have been 'attached' but no matter where they look they cant find them.

All documents relating to the sponsor should be kept safe in a file on your pc so when requested you can immediately hit 'reply' then attach them to the return email.

hope that helps. Regards Mary


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Contact the CO!
hi
I sent PLE to CO and I got reply that my case is being routinely further processed and there are external checks which are beyond control of DIAC and take some time to complete legal formalities . I also tried to call but always got busy tone . I also asked about PCC , IELTS and Meds and any thing deficient but got reply that every thing has been received by DIAC and they confirm that its in the system . Moreover , my relative sponsor has not been contacted so far by any means or at least not in their knowledge , Now just waiting , waiting and waiting , What to do ???????


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by engrrubbani View Post
hi
I sent PLE to CO and I got reply that my case is being routinely further processed and there are external checks which are beyond control of DIAC and take some time to complete legal formalities . I also tried to call but always got busy tone . I also asked about PCC , IELTS and Meds and any thing deficient but got reply that every thing has been received by DIAC and they confirm that its in the system . Moreover , my relative sponsor has not been contacted so far by any means or at least not in their knowledge , Now just waiting , waiting and waiting , What to do ???????
You have been advised of the external checks and there is nothing to do but wait.
There is no point in calling Immi.
Please also start a new thread for further enquiries on the forum so as the OPs thread does not get confused.





Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regional Family Sponsored Visa 475 zacsmum Visas and immigration 5 06-16-2012 08:38 AM
Refused Visa - Sponsored Family Visitor gracebrandon Visas and immigration 3 09-05-2011 05:39 AM
Visa subclass 176 - family sponsored. shaon Visas and immigration 16 06-08-2011 06:16 PM
Family sponsored visa????? Help cantwaittogohometooz Visas and immigration 2 04-24-2011 07:45 AM
Visa 176 Family Sponsored Query.... Neill Visas and immigration 4 04-21-2011 10:20 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com