Are spouse rejections common?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Are spouse rejections common?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Are spouse rejections common?

I found this board yesterday and spent a couple of hours reading old threads, but thought I'd register today to ask this. I am Australian, my husband is American. We've been married just about eight years and have four kids together. We have planned on moving to Australia, just had to wait for him to get out of the Army Reserve. The only catch is that he was just diagnosed with a seizure disorder. Is it likely they will reject us? I wish we could know before we spent all of that money. He's a Math teacher in normal life and planning to work in Australia, I stay home with our kids and am working on a law degree (external) through UNE. Thanks!


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddo View Post
I found this board yesterday and spent a couple of hours reading old threads, but thought I'd register today to ask this. I am Australian, my husband is American. We've been married just about eight years and have four kids together. We have planned on moving to Australia, just had to wait for him to get out of the Army Reserve. The only catch is that he was just diagnosed with a seizure disorder. Is it likely they will reject us? I wish we could know before we spent all of that money. He's a Math teacher in normal life and planning to work in Australia, I stay home with our kids and am working on a law degree (external) through UNE. Thanks!
Hi Freddo, and welcome to the forum.
recall a report a few years back on the huge number of visa applications in general being rejected annually but have no breakdown on category numbers.
On the face of it and aside from the medical diagnosis I'd not suspect your husband to have a problem getting a spouse visa but unfortunately the medical area is not considered by Immi until a visa is lodged [ and I agree there should be provision to have that done up front, even if a small extra fee was imposed to cover cost].

About the only thing you could do to attempt getting some idea is to talk to your own doctor about the longer term treatment and costs likely for that seems to be the key issue on which MOCs make their recommendations.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:12 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Hi Freddo, and welcome to the forum.
recall a report a few years back on the huge number of visa applications in general being rejected annually but have no breakdown on category numbers.
On the face of it and aside from the medical diagnosis I'd not suspect your husband to have a problem getting a spouse visa but unfortunately the medical area is not considered by Immi until a visa is lodged [ and I agree there should be provision to have that done up front, even if a small extra fee was imposed to cover cost].

About the only thing you could do to attempt getting some idea is to talk to your own doctor about the longer term treatment and costs likely for that seems to be the key issue on which MOCs make their recommendations.
Hi Wanderer, Sorry for the late response. Thanks for your input! It doesn't seem to be much of an issue with long term treatment, just being on a medication. I wanted to go ahead to get the kids in school etc but obviously don't want to do that if he is going to be knocked back. Urrrrrghhhh!!!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddo View Post
Hi Wanderer, Sorry for the late response. Thanks for your input! It doesn't seem to be much of an issue with long term treatment, just being on a medication. I wanted to go ahead to get the kids in school etc but obviously don't want to do that if he is going to be knocked back. Urrrrrghhhh!!!
If it's just a medication treatment situation I'd not expect that there would be a problem Freddo, and there are quite a few people with minor ailments that get visas.
I've even read [ a reliable source too ] of 85 Y0 people with arthritis getting family visas.





  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
If it's just a medication treatment situation I'd not expect that there would be a problem Freddo, and there are quite a few people with minor ailments that get visas.
I've even read [ a reliable source too ] of 85 Y0 people with arthritis getting family visas.
Thanks! That does make me feel much better!


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com