partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 134

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2519Likes

partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 134


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1331 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 04:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 350
Users Flag! From india

66 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc098 View Post
Hi Everyone, please give me some advice!

Quick Background: We met in January 2013 and became official to knowledge of friends and family in April 2013. I lived with him in his family home for a month before my 1st year workinprofessional and day visa expired and i travelled back to my home country for 3 mths (this was my time to apply for 2nd yr working holiday visa and also deal with some family changes as my immediate family were moving country). We stayed in contact everyday (i have provided proof of this) until I returned in august 2013. I moved straight back in to his family home with him and we have lived together to this day. I applied for Partner visa in June 2014 as we had been in a relationship for longer than a year. I have only now received feedback and a case officer looking for more info.

They have said that because we have only shown evidence of living together from August 2013 and applied in July 2014..this is only 10mths defacto, not 12!! However, I was never under the impression that you HAD to be living together, just mutually exclusive and in a genuine relationship. They now want compelling reasons why I applied when it had only been 10mths shared living. Is the fact that my visa expired, and the family changes compelling enough?? Also the fact that my 2nd year visa would have run out if i had left it any later to apply and i would have had to leave the country!

They are also looking for further evidence of genuine relationship which I think is ok, I have more info that has gathered in the year since i first applied.

Can anyone give me a feel of how forgiving the case officers are in such circumstances, or is it a black/white, yes/no kind of thing...

I am preparing to reply to the case officer but am having a bit of a meltdown with the stress!

Thanks guys.
Hi,
What I have observed over the time, Dept is very strict on 12 mnths requirement unless you have registered your relationship with BDM.
If you have not register your relationship, I strongly advise you to contact one of the registered migration agents on this forum to explore your options. I can personally speak for Mark Northam, I refered him to one of my friend and he is very professional and flexible person. In my opinion it is worth spending couple hundrends to avoid all the stress later.
Best of luck


  #1332 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 168
Users Flag! From australia

36 likes received
10 likes given
Your first point of reference is to revisit the date of you deciding to be a couple to the exclusion of all others, that you gave DIPB in the application.

From there, provide all possible details of communications, shared accounts, etc.

If you say people were made aware of your situation that you were a couple in April 2013, then perhaps have them document a Stat Dec to back up your other evidence.

Don't stress !!!!


  #1333 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From ireland

7 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbeanie View Post
Your first point of reference is to revisit the date of you deciding to be a couple to the exclusion of all others, that you gave DIPB in the application.

From there, provide all possible details of communications, shared accounts, etc.

If you say people were made aware of your situation that you were a couple in April 2013, then perhaps have them document a Stat Dec to back up your other evidence.

Don't stress !!!!

Do you think that if I register now as a couple with BDM for my state, that that would help? Or is it too late to do that?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1334 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 168
Users Flag! From australia

36 likes received
10 likes given
As I said, revisit the date you put down as first being a couple, in the application.
If it was April 2013, work your evidence from there.
If you put July 2013, then you need to seek expert advice.


  #1335 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,183
Users Flag! From australia

3679 likes received
1168 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc098 View Post

Do you think that if I register now as a couple with BDM for my state, that that would help? Or is it too late to do that?
You can register the relationship any time up until the decision has been made on the application.


  #1336 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
Users Flag! From philippines

8 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda View Post
please what did the CO ask you over the phone?

Hi Panda CO just rang me and ask if my husband and me still live together, and if we own the house where we live or rent. and then she tell me that she going to send me a letter by the end of this week,,
yesterday i try to checked VEVO but its error,
cant log in in VEVO now... i always checked my email but still nothing... hope mu waiting game is over soon,

panda likes this.

  #1337 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 02:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 350
Users Flag! From india

66 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonacp View Post
Hi Panda CO just rang me and ask if my husband and me still live together, and if we own the house where we live or rent. and then she tell me that she going to send me a letter by the end of this week,,
yesterday i try to checked VEVO but its error,
cant log in in VEVO now... i always checked my email but still nothing... hope mu waiting game is over soon,

Hi Jonacp,
Sounds like decision has been made on ur app. You can ring and ask DIBP. Usually they do not disclose any info on the phone. In this case you can ask DIBP to give you password to log in to VEVO.
Keep us updated.
Best of luck


  #1338 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 04:12 AM
F&J F&J is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 112
Users Flag! From australia

61 likes received
65 likes given
Can someone referee an argument between my husband and I about 820/801 visas for me?

MY ARGUMENT: The 300 PMV granted January 2014. Married 25 May 2014. Lodged 820/801 visa application 25 June 2014. 820 visa granted November 2014 (okay I stuffed up s.40 that's what caused the delay and I will never live it down).

I SAY the 801 will not be granted until sometime AFTER 25 JUNE 2016, 2 years after lodgement.

HIS ARGUMENT: Going by Immigration website where it says processing time for 801 is 12-15 months, the 801 is going to be processed JUNE - NOVEMBER 2015 ie. 12 -15 months after lodgement.

Please take into consideration that the washing up tonight depends on the outcome

Dinkum likes this.

  #1339 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 04:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 350
Users Flag! From india

66 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J View Post
Can someone referee an argument between my husband and I about 820/801 visas for me?

MY ARGUMENT: The 300 PMV granted January 2014. Married 25 May 2014. Lodged 820/801 visa application 25 June 2014. 820 visa granted November 2014 (okay I stuffed up s.40 that's what caused the delay and I will never live it down).

I SAY the 801 will not be granted until sometime AFTER 25 JUNE 2016, 2 years after lodgement.

HIS ARGUMENT: Going by Immigration website where it says processing time for 801 is 12-15 months, the 801 is going to be processed JUNE - NOVEMBER 2015 ie. 12 -15 months after lodgement.

Please take into consideration that the washing up tonight depends on the outcome

Hi
You will be eligible for 801 after 2 years you intially applied combine application for 820/801 which will be 25 June 2016 for you. DIbp will sent request for further docs 1-2 mnths before eligiblilty date and their standard procezsing time for 801 is 6-8mnths after the eligiblilty date.
hope this helps

F&J likes this.

  #1340 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Valentine1981's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 666
Users Flag! From uk

296 likes received
246 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J View Post
Can someone referee an argument between my husband and I about 820/801 visas for me?

MY ARGUMENT: The 300 PMV granted January 2014. Married 25 May 2014. Lodged 820/801 visa application 25 June 2014. 820 visa granted November 2014 (okay I stuffed up s.40 that's what caused the delay and I will never live it down).

I SAY the 801 will not be granted until sometime AFTER 25 JUNE 2016, 2 years after lodgement.

HIS ARGUMENT: Going by Immigration website where it says processing time for 801 is 12-15 months, the 801 is going to be processed JUNE - NOVEMBER 2015 ie. 12 -15 months after lodgement.

Please take into consideration that the washing up tonight depends on the outcome
If you lodged the 820/801 application on 25th June 2014 then you will be eligible for the 801 as from 25th June 2016 (usually you can start submitting evidence for your 801 2 months before your eligibility date - however they won't look at it until after your 2 years waiting are over)....

THEN once you have lodged the paperwork for the 801 - there is more waiting - I am not 100% sure but I think they are saying 6-9 months or thereabout to process 820-801 applications.....so your PR visa will likely be granted Jan - April 2017.....Hope that helps.... You are correct...he is wrong

F&J likes this.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Partner permanent visa (subclass 801) ch3stones Visas and immigration 8 06-22-2012 10:30 AM
Permanent Partner Visa 801 granted if overseas? Cloudy Visas and immigration 2 02-08-2011 11:37 PM
Partner visa (subclass 820/801) - how much waiting and will I get bridging visa? magdabis Visas and immigration 3 10-12-2010 07:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com