partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 334

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2519Likes

partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 334


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3331 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 350
Users Flag! From india

66 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamborabi View Post
Hello Folks !!

Greetings !!

I called immigration today and finally got through. The operator sounded either drugged,dazed & confused or mentally retarded (Even God may have a hard time deciphering that ). He had absolutely no patience whatsoever. In a screeching tone he yiked " Due to high volume of applications the processing time has increased to 12-15 months for Subclass 100 Visa applications and 18-24 months for 801 Visa applications. He assumed I was waiting for 801 so he first told me the processing time for 801, then when I said I'm waiting for my 100 Visa he rambled abt the processing time for 100 visa. I felt like someone just gave me a rope and asked me to go and hang myself.

Regards,
Bamborabi
18-24 months? God help me.

__________________
Applied Second Stage 801- 04/03/2015
Eligiblilty Date- 06/03/2015
Online application
Granted-27/04/2016

  #3332 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From nigeria

13 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveenajohns View Post
18-24 months? God help me.
Well I have a friend that they told that also 18-24 months all cos all 309&100 from applied from out of the country but however not all application for 100 second stage waiting that long only some on very lucky once, it's called delay tactics but they gave him after 20 months but they ask him to send form 88 again for the second stage before grant,I hope it's not going to happen to anyone here all the best .


  #3333 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 407
Users Flag! From philippines

96 likes received
4 likes given
goodluck to all of us if they changed it to 18-24 months. I just feel annoyed now.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3334 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,169
Users Flag! From australia

3668 likes received
1157 likes given
I know it is frustrating to all with the long waiting times but please refrain from name calling DIBP employees. The call centrw staff are only telling people what their scripting says.

Just remember you are living together with your partners and not apart. It would be alot worse if you had to live apart whilst waiting.

I commend DIBP for their work. It can't be an easy job having to determine if someone is genuine or not. I know I definitely would like to have to determine that.

Dinkum and Segun like this.

Last edited by Mish; 02-03-2016 at 12:54 PM.

  #3335 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From india

5 likes received
11 likes given
I still haven't gotten used to the idea of waiting for what looks to be the rest of this calendar year (I applied in July 2015, so 15 months from then is just a couple of months before the end of the 2016 year). And now there's the possibility of that wait being extended by another year? Being frustrated is an understatement...


  #3336 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From nigeria

13 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIndaussie View Post
I still haven't gotten used to the idea of waiting for what looks to be the rest of this calendar year (I applied in July 2015, so 15 months from then is just a couple of months before the end of the 2016 year). And now there's the possibility of that wait being extended by another year? Being frustrated is an understatement...
Yes that even if you are waiting on 801 but for those who are waiting on 100 will be a bit longer as there waiting time is difference but not all cos, it's only going to take long on 100 visa only if the applicant lived in other countries more than 12months apart from there home of origin before moving to Australia then it's kinds of thanks longer for them will might be waiting 18-24 months as the co may diside to do a further check though ASIO even after you have provide police clearance from
All of those countries . My friend went though all of that and got his 100 visa after 20 months of waiting no it more not apply to all holding 309 if you are not sure called the Dep of immi and check this out .


  #3337 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From nigeria

13 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I know it is frustrating to all with the long waiting times but please refrain from name calling DIBP employees. The call centrw staff are only telling people what their scripting says.

Just remember you are living together with your partners and not apart. It would be alot worse if you had to live apart whilst waiting.

I commend DIBP for their work. It can't be an easy job having to determine if someone is genuine or not. I know I definitely would like to have to determine that.
Hello Mish , I know it's abit crazy how dibp deal with going sometime its don't look fair , but if u are holding 820 waiting time worse case most cases are 12 to 13 months wait or even less so figer cross things may change keep strong ok good news it's on it's way .


  #3338 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,169
Users Flag! From australia

3668 likes received
1157 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segun View Post

Hello Mish , I know it's abit crazy how dibp deal with going sometime its don't look fair , but if u are holding 820 waiting time worse case most cases are 12 to 13 months wait or even less so figer cross things may change keep strong ok good news it's on it's way .
We haven't even applied for 801 yet as my husband's eligibility date is in May.

I wonder if coming from overseas makes having had an application from overseas makes you not worry how long it will take. I know people that came from a PMV and their eligibility date is soon too and they have said they don't care how long it takes because they are living together. A friend of mine her husband is waiting for his 100 and they aren't fussed either.

I think the problem is some countries are huge red flags based on past applicants from those countries. I guess it is no different to people from certain countries not being able to get tourist visa's because of past actions from people from their countries.

Dinkum and Segun like this.

  #3339 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 01:44 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From nigeria

13 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
We haven't even applied for 801 yet as my husband's eligibility date is in May.

I wonder if coming from overseas makes having had an application from overseas makes you not worry how long it will take. I know people that came from a PMV and their eligibility date is soon too and they have said they don't care how long it takes because they are living together. A friend of mine her husband is waiting for his 100 and they aren't fussed either.

I think the problem is some countries are huge red flags based on past applicants from those countries. I guess it is no different to people from certain countries not being able to get tourist visa's because of past actions from people from their countries.


You are right .


  #3340 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2016, 01:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 414
Users Flag! From india

55 likes received
185 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamborabi View Post
Hello Folks !!

Greetings !!

I called immigration today and finally got through. The operator sounded either drugged,dazed & confused or mentally retarded (Even God may have a hard time deciphering that ). He had absolutely no patience whatsoever. In a screeching tone he yiked " Due to high volume of applications the processing time has increased to 12-15 months for Subclass 100 Visa applications and 18-24 months for 801 Visa applications. He assumed I was waiting for 801 so he first told me the processing time for 801, then when I said I'm waiting for my 100 Visa he rambled abt the processing time for 100 visa. I felt like someone just gave me a rope and asked me to go and hang myself.

Regards,
Bamborabi
18 to 24...for 801....are u serious..? or jocking


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 03:55 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 03:59 AM
Partner permanent visa (subclass 801) ch3stones Visas and immigration 8 06-22-2012 11:30 AM
Permanent Partner Visa 801 granted if overseas? Cloudy Visas and immigration 2 02-09-2011 12:37 AM
Partner visa (subclass 820/801) - how much waiting and will I get bridging visa? magdabis Visas and immigration 3 10-12-2010 08:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com