partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 522

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2519Likes

partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! - Page 522


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5211 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2016, 01:56 AM
J&F J&F is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 199
Users Flag! From australia

109 likes received
269 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8tielouise View Post
I spoke to my local MP a few months ago and sadly I knew more about the process and delays than he seemed to comprehend. Couldn't understand that my argument was around the delay in second stage processing when we had already waited the 2 years! I've no issue with the due diligence required for first stage but I gave up pursuing that avenue. Was tempted to make comment elsewhere but feared we would be thrown to the bottom of the pile if I made too much noise.

I did reply to the first auto email asking for a direct response to my question and 2 weeks later it was approved. I was contemplating emailing again this week. Strangely last night I went to upload a new lease agreement as my husband had notified them he had moved 3 months ago. Changed my mind as its in my married name and my passport still in my maiden name and didn't want them to then ask me for all new copies of ID etc and then 2 hours later he got the approved email. Probably just a coincidence and it definitely just said application "RECEIVED". This morning it says FINALISED.

It's definitely a frustrating process but given we get to live and work in the same country we did put it to the backs of our mind for most of the time.
I went to our federal MP during the last election and they just couldn't understand what I was talking about. So they had someone ring me who flatly said it was a 12-15 month wait. When I started to say why are some applications processed quicker I got the whole "each application is different etc" spin. It was very frustrating.

My husband (who is the applicant by the way I am the sponsor) is frustrated, angry and paranoid but refuses to make a noise about the waiting times. I totally agree with due diligence in checking each applicant, but that should have been done at the initial stage of the PMV rather than making people wait ridiculous amounts of time to redo the checking etc. If immigration requested that we attend, as a couple, their offices for an interview it would be much much easier than sitting around with no idea of what is happening.

k8tielouise and stacey88 like this.

  #5212 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&F View Post
I went to our federal MP during the last election and they just couldn't understand what I was talking about. So they had someone ring me who flatly said it was a 12-15 month wait. When I started to say why are some applications processed quicker I got the whole "each application is different etc" spin. It was very frustrating.

My husband (who is the applicant by the way I am the sponsor) is frustrated, angry and paranoid but refuses to make a noise about the waiting times. I totally agree with due diligence in checking each applicant, but that should have been done at the initial stage of the PMV rather than making people wait ridiculous amounts of time to redo the checking etc. If immigration requested that we attend, as a couple, their offices for an interview it would be much much easier than sitting around with no idea of what is happening.
Our situations sound very similar, and I basically got the same garbage from our MP. I tried to explain that as an Australian Citizen by birth and voter that my life was impacted by the slow finalization process purely because of who I chose to shack up with!! We had well and truly done the 'time' as required by law and which I also agree with but he didn't seem to get it. Hopefully you don't have too many more months to wait and then you will have it all finalised. I decided to start hassling them at 10 months! Tempted to still make comment somewhere at the process. The cost and service do not add up and luckily we got in just before it skyrocketed.

J&F likes this.

  #5213 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From australia

54 likes received
9 likes given
Hi everyone i just been told that the immigration has asked my work about me how long i been working in there and is am a full time and this type of questions and the thing is i was day off today doing training out of the office i wasnt there :-(

what do you thing guys is this mean sound getting close for the decision?

as


Applied for 820/801 08/10/2014
Grant 820 24/4/2016
Eligible DATE 08/10/2016
801 Still waiting


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5214 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,169
Users Flag! From australia

3668 likes received
1157 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheer View Post
Hi everyone i just been told that the immigration has asked my work about me how long i been working in there and is am a full time and this type of questions and the thing is i was day off today doing training out of the office i wasnt there :-(

what do you thing guys is this mean sound getting close for the decision?

as


Applied for 820/801 08/10/2014
Grant 820 24/4/2016
Eligible DATE 08/10/2016
801 Still waiting
You would be extremely lucky if it was granted soon since we have people waiting almost 12 months or over 12 months.

I do find it odd that immigration would ask about your job when you are applying for a partner visa. The partner visa is about your relationship not your job.

sachkunj likes this.

  #5215 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From australia

54 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
You would be extremely lucky if it was granted soon since we have people waiting almost 12 months or over 12 months.

I do find it odd that immigration would ask about your job when you are applying for a partner visa. The partner visa is about your relationship not your job.

Thank you Mish for the replay but my manager called me and he said someone from the department of the immigration asked about my job and about my character I was shocked as I know the partner bisa is nothing to do with job. But I do asked around they said yes happened before they asked some people about they jobs and they do visit homes as well


  #5216 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,169
Users Flag! From australia

3668 likes received
1157 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheer View Post
Thank you Mish for the replay but my manager called me and he said someone from the department of the immigration asked about my job and about my character I was shocked as I know the partner bisa is nothing to do with job. But I do asked around they said yes happened before they asked some people about they jobs and they do visit homes as well
My experience for the 801 is they only contact third parties or do home visits/interviews if something is missing in the application and they are having doubts.

If they are asking about character most likely there is something that raised concerns with them.

Basheer likes this.

  #5217 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From australia

54 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
My experience for the 801 is they only contact third parties or do home visits/interviews if something is missing in the application and they are having doubts.

If they are asking about character most likely there is something that raised concerns with them.

It's looks like scary now why then they called my work to check and see if am working or doing full time as my contract is full tim as what I wrote on the application it's start to worry me and I do know my self I didn't do anything for bad character. I had chat with one layer he said yes they do check on some people what written on the application they want to make sure nothing laiyes written on the application and he said he think that now my case with a case officer they looking on to it what do think ?


  #5218 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2016, 02:05 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,169
Users Flag! From australia

3668 likes received
1157 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheer View Post
It's looks like scary now why then they called my work to check and see if am working or doing full time as my contract is full tim as what I wrote on the application it's start to worry me and I do know my self I didn't do anything for bad character. I had chat with one layer he said yes they do check on some people what written on the application they want to make sure nothing laiyes written on the application and he said he think that now my case with a case officer they looking on to it what do think ?

I'll be honest majority of people on this forum don't get contacted at all and noone does as well.

However if everything checks out then you have nothing to worry about.

Sometimes DIBP have people that do things before the case officer looks at the application. My only thing is that it seems rather so on to get a case officer when we have someone still waiting after 14 months.


  #5219 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2016, 02:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 20
Users Flag! From south_korea

7 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheer View Post
Hi everyone i just been told that the immigration has asked my work about me how long i been working in there and is am a full time and this type of questions and the thing is i was day off today doing training out of the office i wasnt there :-(

what do you thing guys is this mean sound getting close for the decision?

as


Applied for 820/801 08/10/2014
Grant 820 24/4/2016
Eligible DATE 08/10/2016
801 Still waiting
I think this is a good sign since your application is now being looked after.

They asked about my work as well (they also asked for tax return and superannuation) and I am thinking because they want to make sure you are supporting sufficiently in financial aspect of relationship. Because I have to say, a lot of people divorce because of money...

Basheer likes this.

  #5220 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From australia

54 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
I think this is a good sign since your application is now being looked after.

They asked about my work as well (they also asked for tax return and superannuation) and I am thinking because they want to make sure you are supporting sufficiently in financial aspect of relationship. Because I have to say, a lot of people divorce because of money...
Thank you for your replay I think that's right as am the only income as the immigration they know I am the only income I think that's a good sing but do you know how long after they asked about me and all this stuff it will take to finalise?

And one of my friends they did ask about him as he's the only income 2 and they granted the 801 after 1 week from the date they asked about him .

Is this possible it will be grant soon ?

Thank you


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 03:55 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 03:59 AM
Partner permanent visa (subclass 801) ch3stones Visas and immigration 8 06-22-2012 11:30 AM
Permanent Partner Visa 801 granted if overseas? Cloudy Visas and immigration 2 02-09-2011 12:37 AM
Partner visa (subclass 820/801) - how much waiting and will I get bridging visa? magdabis Visas and immigration 3 10-12-2010 08:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com