3 months visits over a 12months period

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

3 months visits over a 12months period


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

3 months visits over a 12months period

Hi i would like to ask if ever the immi grant me a 12mnth tourist visa with 3 months visits over a 12 months period. Can they consider this as a 12month living together coz its very hard to get a straight 12 months tourist visa. Or does immi grant a straight 12month tourist visa without me to exit every 3months period.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagoncillo View Post
Hi i would like to ask if ever the immi grant me a 12mnth tourist visa with 3 months visits over a 12 months period. Can they consider this as a 12month living together coz its very hard to get a straight 12 months tourist visa. Or does immi grant a straight 12month tourist visa without me to exit every 3months period.
For some countries there is an ETA available - Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) - Online Applications but tourist visas are granted for a nominated period, 3, 6 or 12 months and they will likely have a No Further Stay condition applied.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

hi wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
For some countries there is an ETA available - Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) - Online Applications but tourist visas are granted for a nominated period, 3, 6 or 12 months and they will likely have a No Further Stay condition applied.
Okay im from the phils so we are not listed on the ETA countries that provide online applications. So does it mean even they grant me 12 months they will still give me 3 months stay then i need to exit is that what you mean. Im in a defacto relationship can the 12mnths with exit every 3mnth will consider a 12mnth living together or do they need it to be straight 12months.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagoncillo View Post
Okay im from the phils so we are not listed on the ETA countries that provide online applications. So does it mean even they grant me 12 months they will still give me 3 months stay then i need to exit is that what you mean. Im in a defacto relationship can the 12mnths with exit every 3mnth will consider a 12mnth living together or do they need it to be straight 12months.
If you are able to get a 12 months tourist visa, that visa would allow you to stay 12 months, a 12 month visa not requiring you to leave after 3 months.

With evidence of previous association, if you showed that you used the 12 months to stay with a partner, you could show you had a relationship and with a tourist visa having a No Further Stay condition if you had you application and all supporting evidence fully prepared, you could submit a partner visa application as soon as you had left Australia and wait for it to be processed.

There is however no guarantee with any visa application.





Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[820/801] Aussie Police Check after 11 - 12months? Fried_Girl Visas and immigration 5 08-21-2011 06:31 AM
Validity Period of SC 475 Visa? Mechanical1969 Visas and immigration 0 08-21-2011 04:42 AM
Skilled Independant Visa - working for 12 months in last 24 months gymbum Visas and immigration 1 05-31-2011 07:59 PM
12 months out of 24 months work experience kramerpuddy Visas and immigration 1 03-31-2011 04:56 AM
Going to Australia so see family for 12months, But I want to work.? JRoper Visas and immigration 3 05-19-2010 12:25 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com