820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 102

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 102


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1011 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Maureen.h's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 55
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1985 View Post
Has anyone uploaded supporting evidence of defacto relationship during the period of waiting for 820 decision, and then been granted 820 visa within the time frame 12-15months? I am just little worried that my last upload will delay the decision. I travelled overseas with my partner in November 2014, then I uploaded the supporting documents as evidence after the trip. Applied on 29 April 2014
Hiya,
I uploaded evidence up until the decision was decided. I also received an email saying my application would soon be passed on to a CO so to make sure all evidence was uploaded. Have you received an email like that?


Reply With Quote
  #1012 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 94
Users Flag! From indonesia

33 likes received
60 likes given
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your replay.
I havent received it. Still waiting....


Reply With Quote
  #1013 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From uk

43 likes received
8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1985 View Post
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your replay.
I havent received it. Still waiting....
I haven't had any correspondence yet. I used a agent and I asked her recently. Hopefully soon though


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1014 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 94
Users Flag! From indonesia

33 likes received
60 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen.h View Post
Hiya,
I uploaded evidence up until the decision was decided. I also received an email saying my application would soon be passed on to a CO so to make sure all evidence was uploaded. Have you received an email like that?
Hi Maureen,

Jusst wondering when did you received the email about the application to be passed to a CO soon that time? How long before the grant? Thx


Reply With Quote
  #1015 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Maureen.h's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 55
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1985 View Post
Hi Maureen, Jusst wondering when did you received the email about the application to be passed to a CO soon that time? How long before the grant? Thx
Hiya,

I was originally contacted in October 2014 stating my application was soon to be passed onto a CO, so 7 months after I applied. On the 16th of December I was asked by my Co to complete my medical etc which I had 28 days to do. I handed Thoses in this Tuesday and I was granted my visa the following day. I hope this helps!

jp1985 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1016 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2015, 01:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From hong_kong

1 likes received
2 likes given
Unhappy

Hi everyone, I have got a strange situation here and it will be very appreciated if anyone can help.

Me and my partner have applied our application on Nov 2013 by paper.

And I got an email from immi about more evidences requested yesterday.

Here is the content,


Invitation to comment on information for a Partner (Temporary) (class UK) (subclass

820) / Partner (Residence) (class BS) (subclass 801) visa

De facto relationship 12 month requirement

... ...

... ...(a lots of examples that I can provide)

In addition to establishing that you are the de facto partner of your sponsor, to be eligible for

the grant of a Partner visa on the basis of a de facto relationship, you must meet additional

criteria under regulation 2.03A (attached).

Paragraph (3) of regulation 2.03A specifies that, where an applicant cannot establish

compelling or compassionate circumstances for grant of the visa, they must have been in a

de facto relationship for at least the period of 12 months immediately prior to lodging the

application. Periods of ‘dating’ do not count towards the 12-month relationship requirement.

Compelling and compassionate circumstances may include, but are not limited to,

circumstances such as you have children with your partner or cohabitation was not

permissible under the law of the country where you resided for the 12 months before you

applied.



First of all, I did provide 18 months rental lease, joint accounts (about 6 months before the lodgement day), travelling tickets, photos, etc. as evidences that we have been de facto over 12 months. I called to immi today and the attitude of the immigration staff was so bad. I am so confused now.

Anyone know if I can just email back to ask? Or should I just provide more evidences to support the relationship?

Thanks for the help.

J

Dinkum likes this.

Last edited by jacsaly; 01-30-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #1017 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From romania

15 likes received
92 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
Hey everyone,

I am thrilled to announce that I got my 820 visa approved today!!
Took exactly 10 months, I applied on March 28th 2014!
I couldn't be happier and totally didn't expect it because I have just been granted a BVB 8 days ago - just sucks that they charged me the $140 anyway oh well, who cares.

Wish all of you a great day
Congratulations starlight and Maureen.h!
Indeed this is happy news and I hope you are still celebrating! All the best of luck in the years ahead in Australia!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1018 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,204
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1172 likes given
Welcome to the forum.

It is always best to contact the case officer instead of ringing DIBP as the people at DIBP just offer general advice which is not always correct.

I would email the case officer and say how you provided a joint lease from x date and ask her if she had received it. It is always best to ask if they got it then say "you are wrong".

It sounds like they may have missed the lease.

Also in regards to your partner. Is he a citizen or PR? If PR I would say something like ... he is a PR under subclass xxx. Then you can ask what evidence she requires in order to demonstrate he is not a PR from humanitarian visa.

Good luck

jacsaly likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1019 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From romania

15 likes received
92 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacsaly View Post
Hi everyone, I have got a strange situation here and it will be very appreciated if anyone can help.

...

Anyone know if I can just email back to ask? Or should I just provide more evidences to support the relationship?

Thanks for the help.

J
Hi Jacsaly,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I do not have much advice to give, but it seems that you can send your question to Ask Mark (in the thread with the same name), as he is a migration agent.

I do not understand what they are saying. It seems they think the evidence you provided is not enough and they want proof of a humanitarian visa or a registration of the relationship. They might want more detailed stories of your circumstances to address those 4-5 points (like nature of relationship, etc).

I was told over the phone that the space in the forms is just indicative (I was typing the 2000 characters online) and that is probably not enough, so I should submit a stat dec with each topic addressed in sufficient words.

In my case too I had bad experiences calling their service line, but called again and again. There are also nice people there.

If you can, register your relationship... I didn't know it was possible for ages... wish someone told us.
For example it is possible in NSW and QLD
Relationships register - BDM New South Wales

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-de...-relationship/

jacsaly likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1020 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From hong_kong

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Welcome to the forum.

It is always best to contact the case officer instead of ringing DIBP as the people at DIBP just offer general advice which is not always correct.

I would email the case officer and say how you provided a joint lease from x date and ask her if she had received it. It is always best to ask if they got it then say "you are wrong".

It sounds like they may have missed the lease.

Also in regards to your partner. Is he a citizen or PR? If PR I would say something like ... he is a PR under subclass xxx. Then you can ask what evidence she requires in order to demonstrate he is not a PR from humanitarian visa.

Good luck
Thanks for your reply.

I will probably reply that email directly and see how it goes


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com