Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

MaryV 03-17-2015 11:02 AM

Yey!! Visa granted today! Took 10.5 months.. No emails, no contact from immi, just visa grant straight away :) just had my first glass of wine since getting pregnant and having our baby!

Patience is really a virtue. Hang in there guys!

Kah86k 03-17-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryV (Post 820346)
Yey!! Visa granted today! Took 10.5 months.. No emails, no contact from immi, just visa grant straight away :) just had my first glass of wine since getting pregnant and having our baby!

Patience is really a virtue. Hang in there guys!

Congratulations! Glad to hear your great news :)

BionicAllah 03-19-2015 04:21 AM

I wish they would hurry up and approve my visa. I really hate waiting at it's been 13 months. I see people apply after we applied and getting their visa before me. It makes me paranoid and all anxious.
We just want to get on with our lives.

micktorres 03-19-2015 12:43 PM

Hi guy. I applied for partner visa 820 onshore on mrch 2 2015 , i already got my BVapA aswell . I just want to know if i should get my medical exam and police check now or just wait for the immigration to tell mo to get it? Thanks guys.

Kah86k 03-19-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micktorres (Post 822914)
Hi guy. I applied for partner visa 820 onshore on mrch 2 2015 , i already got my BVapA aswell . I just want to know if i should get my medical exam and police check now or just wait for the immigration to tell mo to get it? Thanks guys.

I applied on 3/3/15 so pretty close to when you did. I think I'm going to wait until June or July to get mine done--of course if immi asks I'll submit sooner.

I got a Bridging Visa C because I submitted my visa late (2-3 days after my visitor expired--passport issue. I sent in an application for work rights last Friday and surprisingly that was approved yesterday. So, now I can work YAY!

micktorres 03-19-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kah86k (Post 822930)
I applied on 3/3/15 so pretty close to when you did. I think I'm going to wait until June or July to get mine done--of course if immi asks I'll submit sooner.

I got a Bridging Visa C because I submitted my visa late (2-3 days after my visitor expired--passport issue. I sent in an application for work rights last Friday and surprisingly that was approved yesterday. So, now I can work YAY!

Thanks for replying, i'll just gonna do mine if the immi ask for it.
Goodluck for the two uf us on finding a job and for our visa application . 😂😊

indianchunky 03-20-2015 03:01 AM

Hi All

Good news from our end. Just been granted 820. I'm all shaky :) I applied online from Melbourne end of July.

Just a quick question. I was expecting the 801 directly. We moved together in August 2012, married Jan 2013 and our son was born Oct 2013 . Isnt that a pr directly? If so, what can I do? Thanks guys.

Just wanted to say this forum is a blessing. Everyone contributing in this forum is helping people in a great way. Thank you for all your help. Without this forum it would have been a very difficult ride.

MaxPower 03-20-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianchunky (Post 823610)
Just a quick question. I was expecting the 801 directly. We moved together in August 2012, married Jan 2013 and our son was born Oct 2013 . Isnt that a pr directly? If so, what can I do? Thanks guys.

Need a minimum of 3 years together or 2 years old kid involved, so you aren't eligible for a direct 801

indianchunky 03-20-2015 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower (Post 823634)

Need a minimum of 3 years together or 2 years old kid involved, so you aren't eligible for a direct 801

Hi Max. First of all great name. One of the best simpsons episodes

The way I read the requirement is, that as soon as you have a child, the requirement is only 2 years de facto. We are married for 2 years. So that's fine. Not that the child has to be 2 years.

Mish 03-20-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianchunky (Post 823610)
Hi All

Good news from our end. Just been granted 820. I'm all shaky :) I applied online from Melbourne end of July.

Just a quick question. I was expecting the 801 directly. We moved together in August 2012, married Jan 2013 and our son was born Oct 2013 . Isnt that a pr directly? If so, what can I do? Thanks guys.

Just wanted to say this forum is a blessing. Everyone contributing in this forum is helping people in a great way. Thank you for all your help. Without this forum it would have been a very difficult ride.

Congrats.

The case officer is correct because it is at time of application requirement. Based on what you said you didn't meet the 2 years together prior to lodgement that is why they granted the 820.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com