Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

AusIndo 08-18-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991345)
Thanks for the reply. Friends and Fanily are from the UK, so I assume there must be some type of stat dec! I have about 17 people whom want to help us with our case, friends and family etc. but I don't know whether that's a little over the top!?!?

Wowsers!!! I personally think 17 people is a little OTT.

How relevant are these people to you and your partner? Quality is better than quantity. Cull them accordingly if you can without offending them lol.

Mish 08-18-2015 10:51 AM

We just wrote it on a blank piece of paper but followed the same lines as the Australian stat dec without the legislation. For example: I, John Smith of blah blah make the following statement:" then do the statement and then sign and date it. You can have a place for witness too if you want.

briittany 08-18-2015 10:51 AM

Haha totally over the top, going to stick to close fam and friends, around 8 or so!

briittany 08-18-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 991385)
We just wrote it on a blank piece of paper but followed the same lines as the Australian stat dec without the legislation. For example: I, John Smith of blah blah make the following statement:" then do the statement and then sign and date it. You can have a place for witness too if you want.

Does this need to be signed and witnessed with copies of Identification?

AusIndo 08-18-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991393)
Haha totally over the top, going to stick to close fam and friends, around 8 or so!

Good number!

AusIndo 08-18-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991401)
Does this need to be signed and witnessed with copies of Identification?

It's not a requirement and certainly wouldn't affect your application.

If I may share you my experience, it's more credible with it being witnessed and certified copies of IDs

Mish 08-18-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991401)

Does this need to be signed and witnessed with copies of Identification?

It can be if you want it witnessed with ID too. We never had it witnessed - some countries don't do witnessing at police stations etc ie. My husband's country lol.

Just remember that statements are just a small part of the picture so you don't need to go getting alot of statements.

I would say no more than 8 for a low risk country and high risk country 10 to 15 (depending how high risk it is).

briittany 08-18-2015 11:04 AM

Thanx for your help guys.
With the 888 form for my Australian friends and fam - we are applying in Nov - is this too early to get these organised? Or should we wait till as close as November as possible

Mish 08-18-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991457)
Thanx for your help guys.
With the 888 form for my Australian friends and fam - we are applying in Nov - is this too early to get these organised? Or should we wait till as close as November as possible

Closer to November as they can't be any earlier than 6 weeks prior.

AusIndo 08-18-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briittany (Post 991457)
Thanx for your help guys. With the 888 form for my Australian friends and fam - we are applying in Nov - is this too early to get these organised? Or should we wait till as close as November as possible

The closer the better. No longer than 6 weeks prior to your application being lodged.

Get them to at least start on it though than when you're ready to lodge your application, they just need to sign and get them witnessed, etc.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com