Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

KatieQ 11-04-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabella (Post 1078297)
Did you apply online? If so, you should just be able to upload the scan without getting it certified as long as it's in colour and high quality.

I did apply online, I will be so annoyed I made my dad spend heaps of money shipping something to me needlessly and at great expense. In the letter they sent by email in March they didn't specify that uploading documents electronically you don't need things certified by a JP (is that more for people submitting paper applications via post or in person?) have just logged into my immi account and I haven't actually uploaded anything beyond the application and the fee, eep! My dad sent me scans of the document he is sending by post now after I got the email asking for more information so I must have known I needed the docs back in March. :(

And of course the officer I talked to on Monday said she would resend that email but hasn't!

Arabella 11-04-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieQ (Post 1078313)
I did apply online, I will be so annoyed I made my dad spend heaps of money shipping something to me needlessly and at great expense. In the letter they sent by email in March they didn't specify that uploading documents electronically you don't need things certified by a JP (is that more for people submitting paper applications via post or in person?) have just logged into my immi account and I haven't actually uploaded anything beyond the application and the fee, eep! My dad sent me scans of the document he is sending by post now after I got the email asking for more information so I must have known I needed the docs back in March. :(

And of course the officer I talked to on Monday said she would resend that email but hasn't!

When you say the application, is that including your evidence of the relationship?

KatieQ 11-04-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabella (Post 1078329)
When you say the application, is that including your evidence of the relationship?

Apparently when I applied I thought "oh I will upload documents later" as my other visa was running out and I needed to apply for the partner one pretty quickly. And so all I did apparently was the basic application (47sp or whichever form the applicant uses) and completely forgot to upload anything! Oops!

But when I was talking about the applications I was just differentiating between people who apply online from those who do through sending it in or dropping off at a local office. :)

It will be such a relief if I can just upload the scans my father sent last year! Though like I said it will compel me even more to pay my dad back for having to rush something out to me, especially such an important document that I would not normally be pleased about shipping overseas.

Arabella 11-04-2015 10:01 PM

Make sure you upload all the other relevant evidence of your relationship too. Bank statements, rental agreements, photos, greeting cards, invitations, tickets to concerts/cinema/sport events, your statutory declarations.... The list goes on.

bebecait 11-04-2015 10:09 PM

Hello! Anybody here who lodged their 820 Visa from PMV in the Sydney department? I just wanna know how long does it take on an average for the grants as Victoria office have been granting PMV to 820 in just days. Thanks in advance!

KatieQ 11-04-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabella (Post 1078353)
Make sure you upload all the other relevant evidence of your relationship too. Bank statements, rental agreements, photos, greeting cards, invitations, tickets to concerts/cinema/sport events, your statutory declarations.... The list goes on.

Will do, I just feel so much better now, I bet many people on this forum have had similar moments of panic and anxiety, though, judging from all the threads out there! I seriously only had three hours of sleep last night (have been up since about 1:00am) and yesterday all I ate was a third of a neenish tart, a few sips of cider and a ham and salad sandwich, my mind and body were not really well looked after this week. I didn't even have the mental and emotional energy to go to our local club trivia which did not help!

I just want to be able to marry the love of my life one day and have kids and the Aussie Dream! I tried the American Dream and it wasn't working for me, I am much happier down here that is for sure!

Arabella 11-04-2015 10:56 PM

Good luck!

syd 11-04-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieQ (Post 1078345)
Apparently when I applied I thought "oh I will upload documents later" as my other visa was running out and I needed to apply for the partner one pretty quickly. And so all I did apparently was the basic application (47sp or whichever form the applicant uses) and completely forgot to upload anything! Oops!

But when I was talking about the applications I was just differentiating between people who apply online from those who do through sending it in or dropping off at a local office. :)

It will be such a relief if I can just upload the scans my father sent last year! Though like I said it will compel me even more to pay my dad back for having to rush something out to me, especially such an important document that I would not normally be pleased about shipping overseas.


Wow! Count yourself lucky that they have requested more information instead of rejecting your application. Applicants have been rejected without any contact because they didn't upload supporting evidence as CO has no obligation to request more information; except for medical and police checks.

I would say that you are not in their good books at the moment, so upload as much evidence as possible asap.

kathleen 11-09-2015 12:12 PM

I got an email today with my 820 after close to 13 months. Applied online in Sydney on 15 Oct 2014. My email came from WA, so guessing from perth. I'm flying out of country in December. Had filed my bvb last week; but this came in time :-)..

KatieQ 11-09-2015 09:26 PM

Also, I know there doesn't appear to be anything concrete about form 80 and that it is at the COs discretion but as it hasn't been requested yet, should I just fill it out in case it is asked for? I have pretty much all the info I need for it in a note (previous addresses and employment), I am from a low-risk country (United States). Just curious what everybody else's experiences have been. I submitted the docs they requested last week yesterday (was a massive pain as our internet conked out and had to use my partner's phone as a mobile hotspot, and we tried calling them and either the automated message saying they are too busy with high call demand and just hang up on you or say you are 65 in the queue or similar). Got it done in the end and now about to set out getting the police checks ordered. Applied originally back in March 2014 and they only last week asked again for the docs after eight months of no contact from them but apparently it's this massive priority (probably just the CO wanting to clear the case load and start on a newer stack though). Haven't been requested police checks but I'd like to try and make up for the delays I caused and show I have requested them. And for the health check, for other Americans do they typically make you do the chest X-ray even if you have said you've never had or been exposed to TB? I underwent the Manoux test back in 2005 with a negative result. Or do they only really request that if you indicate you plan on working or training at a school, child care centre or health facility? I know they say to allow two hours for the medical exam but how long do they really take? And what exactly are they looking for (aside from obviously expensive conditions which might place a strain on the health system).


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com