Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Butterfly2014 11-22-2015 04:14 AM

Any news from December 2014 applicants? I received the letter that my application is now being processed in Perth but haven't heard anything else yet. It's been over 4 weeks now that I received the letter - how long would it usually take after this notification till the actual visa grant? I read somewhere that it's usually 4 weeks?

Cindyxx 11-22-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2014 (Post 1099370)
Any news from December 2014 applicants? I received the letter that my application is now being processed in Perth but haven't heard anything else yet. It's been over 4 weeks now that I received the letter - how long would it usually take after this notification till the actual visa grant? I read somewhere that it's usually 4 weeks?

Hi there
I received that email in August and my visa was granted around 2 months after that. No other contacts from immigration department. But I guess your processing time will be shorter considering you're from low risk country.
Hope you will get your visa before Christmas! Good luck :)

ukkiwi 11-22-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2014 (Post 1099370)
Any news from December 2014 applicants? I received the letter that my application is now being processed in Perth but haven't heard anything else yet. It's been over 4 weeks now that I received the letter - how long would it usually take after this notification till the actual visa grant? I read somewhere that it's usually 4 weeks?

I received my grant around 2 months after I received that letter, I applied on 12th October 2014 and received that letter on 15th September 2015 and my visa was granted on 13th november. So you probably have around another month of waiting. :-)

TJF 11-22-2015 11:47 PM

Hi guys! I applied for my partner visa last week and I received straight away my BVA. I know that my BVA kicks in once my e-Visitor visa has expired. But my question is: will I get another e-mail from the Department that says that my BVA is now in effect?
Or are we supposed to look for a job with a Bridging visa grant notice on which is written: "This bridging visa is not in effect because your E-visitor visa is currently in effect. When your Bridging visa (class WA) is in effect, you will have full permission to work and study."?? :eek:
Thank you in advance for your reply

Cindyxx 11-23-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJF (Post 1099978)
Hi guys! I applied for my partner visa last week and I received straight away my BVA. I know that my BVA kicks in once my e-Visitor visa has expired. But my question is: will I get another e-mail from the Department that says that my BVA is now in effect?
Or are we supposed to look for a job with a Bridging visa grant notice on which is written: "This bridging visa is not in effect because your E-visitor visa is currently in effect. When your Bridging visa (class WA) is in effect, you will have full permission to work and study."?? :eek:
Thank you in advance for your reply

Hi TJF

Welcome to the waiting game :)
I don't think I received another separate email stating my BVA is in effect.
You can always get your current visa details from VEVO system and you can use the information from there.
On a BVA visa is hard to secure a full time but we need to try! Anyway, good luck!!!

Kellie-G 11-23-2015 01:02 AM

I applied for my Visa on the 14th of December 2014 by paper in Melbourne. On the 11th of September 2015 I received a generic email from DIAC to say my application has progressed in the queue, just wondering if anyone has applied the same time as me or received this email and have had their visa approved?

Butterfly2014 11-23-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJF (Post 1099978)
Hi guys! I applied for my partner visa last week and I received straight away my BVA. I know that my BVA kicks in once my e-Visitor visa has expired. But my question is: will I get another e-mail from the Department that says that my BVA is now in effect? Or are we supposed to look for a job with a Bridging visa grant notice on which is written: "This bridging visa is not in effect because your E-visitor visa is currently in effect. When your Bridging visa (class WA) is in effect, you will have full permission to work and study."?? :eek: Thank you in advance for your reply

Hi TJF,

I never received an email once my BVA kicked in. I basically just told them in interviews when I will obtain full work rights and that I can actually show them the immigration letters but that they will only be able to check my visa through VEVO when it is actually in effect.

To be honest, I had no issue at all to find a job back then. I was on a tourist visa waiting for the BVA and I had the job offer before the BVA kicked in.

Just be straight up with a potential future employer and don't make it sound like there could be any issue.

Fingers crossed for you :)

TJF 11-23-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindyxx (Post 1100146)
Hi TJF

Welcome to the waiting game :)
I don't think I received another separate email stating my BVA is in effect.
You can always get your current visa details from VEVO system and you can use the information from there.
On a BVA visa is hard to secure a full time but we need to try! Anyway, good luck!!!

Thank you very much :) I didn't think I could find the details on VEVO!! Silly me :p yeah i read it is not easy finding a good job, but yest it is worth a try ;)

TJF 11-23-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2014 (Post 1100178)
Hi TJF,

I never received an email once my BVA kicked in. I basically just told them in interviews when I will obtain full work rights and that I can actually show them the immigration letters but that they will only be able to check my visa through VEVO when it is actually in effect.

To be honest, I had no issue at all to find a job back then. I was on a tourist visa waiting for the BVA and I had the job offer before the BVA kicked in.

Just be straight up with a potential future employer and don't make it sound like there could be any issue.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Oh wow :) good on you!!! ;) and if I don't ask too much... in what kind of field did you have a job offer?

530i 11-23-2015 03:26 AM

People being approved around the time i applied, should be here soon i hope, cant wait!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com