Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

YankeeYeti 01-06-2016 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariao (Post 1138026)
Any grants for December 2014 applicants yet? Been almost 13 months, hoping for news soon.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten theirs :)

Still waiting over here! Applied Dec 31 2014, got email from Perth office late October saying it was up for assessment. Ironically, I just had to get a Working with Children clearance, which can take up to four weeks but was granted in about three hours. Wish immigration worked that fast! ;-) I was actually thinking of uploading the clearance as additional evidence to see whether that would cause someone to notice my file, but don't know whether there's an appropriate category for it.

basvdk 01-06-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoddie32 (Post 1126529)
GRANT NOTICE! :D

Hi guys,

I've been crying with happiness since this morning when I received my grant notice.
Wasn't expecting a grant for another 6 months.

Applied Online, onshore on 26th April 2015.
Granted 21st December 2015, just under 8 months.

So happy. In the words of my partner "It's a Christmas miracle!"

Hoping that means more grants for everyone else!

That sounds great! Do you have any idea what made it go so quickly?

chickensgirl76 01-06-2016 08:27 PM

So as I have read most of you have applied Onshore and I am thinking of doing the same just need some guidance and answers.

so here is my situation. I am an Australian citizen by birth(1976) and I moved to the USA in 2003, I got married in 2003 and now have a 10yr old son and have been married for 13yrs. We are now wanting to move back to Australia due to my father being ill, and need to no if we should do the partner visa onshore when we get here?? Since I have been out of Australia also for 13 yrs will I have issues coming back in, I hold dual citizenship as well. Any help and advice would be great TY :)

Also will the temporary visa be waived and the permanent be granted instead since we have been married 13 yrs???

syd 01-06-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickensgirl76 (Post 1138786)
So as I have read most of you have applied Onshore and I am thinking of doing the same just need some guidance and answers.

so here is my situation. I am an Australian citizen by birth(1976) and I moved to the USA in 2003, I got married in 2003 and now have a 10yr old son and have been married for 13yrs. We are now wanting to move back to Australia due to my father being ill, and need to no if we should do the partner visa onshore when we get here?? Since I have been out of Australia also for 13 yrs will I have issues coming back in, I hold dual citizenship as well. Any help and advice would be great TY :)

Also will the temporary visa be waived and the permanent be granted instead since we have been married 13 yrs???

Yes, your husband could apply onshore while on ETA. Note that this is not the preferred method, so it would not be wise to announce this at the airport, nor travel with all his life possessions and visa documents. You could travel to Australia and set up household first, then your husband joins you later. Or travel a few days/weeks apart. IMO, travelling together when you are moving back home could raise questions about his intentions re onshore visa application.

Why don't you apply for 309 since you are both in USA already?

Yes, he would be given permanent residency if he can prove relationship beyond 3 years which should be super easy for you. :)

chickensgirl76 01-06-2016 09:33 PM

Hi thanks Syd.
So what is the wait time for a 309?

syd 01-06-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickensgirl76 (Post 1138842)
Hi thanks Syd.
So what is the wait time for a 309?

Waiting time is up to 15 months, but for most of last year the grants from the USA were around the 7-9 month mark. You can check this thread :http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...n-d-c-201.html

chickensgirl76 01-06-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syd (Post 1138858)
Waiting time is up to 15 months, but for most of last year the grants from the USA were around the 7-9 month mark. You can check this thread :http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...n-d-c-201.html

ok thanks. I also notice the cost of all this....$12000? Is that correct and if so is it paid all at once or over a period of time

syd 01-06-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickensgirl76 (Post 1138866)
ok thanks. I also notice the cost of all this....$12000? Is that correct and if so is it paid all at once or over a period of time


Not $12,000, but AUD$6865 + medical (few hundred bucks) +police checks.

infireni 01-07-2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariao (Post 1138026)
Any grants for December 2014 applicants yet? Been almost 13 months, hoping for news soon.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten theirs :)


Been waiting since 30th Dec 2014 and heard from the immi nothing.

Alikiwi 01-07-2016 04:19 AM

The $6865 fee is paid on applying.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com