820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 230

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 230


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2291 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
My current 457 expires in October 2016. Planning to apply for another 457 with same employer in July 16. Hopefully issued in 3 months. Then in November 16, I would have passed the 4 years mark with the same employer so I. An apply for 186 which takes 5 months to be issued. So by April may 17 I should get PR. If I continue on 820 then I can't apply for 801 before January 17 and it takes 12-15 months which means April 18.


Reply With Quote
  #2292 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,236
Users Flag! From canada

1533 likes received
148 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
My current 457 expires in October 2016. Planning to apply for another 457 with same employer in July 16. Hopefully issued in 3 months. Then in November 16, I would have passed the 4 years mark with the same employer so I. An apply for 186 which takes 5 months to be issued. So by April may 17 I should get PR. If I continue on 820 then I can't apply for 801 before January 17 and it takes 12-15 months which means April 18.
I assume you're over 50 and that's why you can't apply for the 186 earlier?

I'm not sure if I'd withdraw the 820 application. You don't get a refund, but I guess you have complications with the timing. If the 457 is approved first, and then the 820, that'd replace the 457 and leave you ineligible for the 186. Then you're still waiting for the 801 which, as you've said, could take another couple of years.

186 visas are taking 6-7 months at the moment, but you'd have a PR visa quicker than waiting for the 801.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

Reply With Quote
  #2293 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
Thanks Maggie. U r right I am over 50. If 820 is issued I lose my right for 457/186 route. I am 9 months away from applying to 186 and it takes 6 months therefore, in 15 months from now, may 17 hopefully get my PR. but with 820/801 I will wait for 15 months from my eligibility date of applying to 801 hany 17 for another 15 months which takes me to may 18.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2294 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Hi daveykeeg,

I am also in the same position. I applied through a migration agent on 20/12/2014 and have not received any contact apart from the generic email to say our application has been transferred to the Perth office (October 2015).
I spoke with our Migration Agent approximately 1 week ago and she said in December 2014 she lodged 6 applications for that month where only 1 lodged on 06/12/2014 was approved so far. So it seems that the approvals are coming in date order, however with regards to why applications lodged in 2015 are being approved so much quicker is still a question I continue to ask as well.

we are currently 14 months and 5 days since application date completed online.

pdub likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2295 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 02:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei81 View Post
Hi daveykeeg, I am also in the same position. I applied through a migration agent on 20/12/2014 and have not received any contact apart from the generic email to say our application has been transferred to the Perth office (October 2015). I spoke with our Migration Agent approximately 1 week ago and she said in December 2014 she lodged 6 applications for that month where only 1 lodged on 06/12/2014 was approved so far. So it seems that the approvals are coming in date order, however with regards to why applications lodged in 2015 are being approved so much quicker is still a question I continue to ask as well. we are currently 14 months and 5 days since application date completed online.
Hi Mei81, are you from high risk country?


Reply With Quote
  #2296 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceafin View Post
Hi Mei81, are you from high risk country?
Hi Ceafin,

I am Australian (through naturalization) and my partner, he is from Brazil

I believe Brazil is not high risk


Reply With Quote
  #2297 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 04:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
How do u define high risk. Is it the country of birth or county of the passport. I was born on Egypt but carry British passport for 25 years. So am I high risk or low risk. When I came to oz for holiday I applied online by British passport from uk and got the tourist visa in 10 min.


Reply With Quote
  #2298 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 04:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
How would u define high risk country. Country of birth or country of passport. I was born in Egypt but lived the last 25 years in UK and carrying British passport for. 20 years. When I came for holiday to Australia few years ago I applied on line for tourist visa by British passport and got the visa in 10 min. So am I high risk or low risk?


Reply With Quote
  #2299 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2016, 01:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 19
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
4 likes given
Hi there! Im in almost the exact same boat as you. I applued onshore online myself on 24th December 2014. I recieved a generic email also stating that our application had been transferred to the Perth office! I called up last week to see where the application was and if a CO had been assigned and she said it had been transferred again to a QLD office!! And that there were multiple case officers looking at my file. I then called up against to ask a seperate question, but wanted to be aure if what they were saying was true. The next person I spokenwith said they couldnt give me anymore information other than thatbit was stil within the 15months waiting time.

So I emailed partner.visa.qld and I got an email back from an office in NSW?!? Stating that my application would not reach the cue for another couple of months.

I think its possible that Immigration got flooded with applications before the prices went up in January, and they tried to spread those out so that not one office in particular would be overwhelmed. Just a theory!


Reply With Quote
  #2300 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From china

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowydragon View Post
Hi there! Im in almost the exact same boat as you. I applued onshore online myself on 24th December 2014. I recieved a generic email also stating that our application had been transferred to the Perth office! I called up last week to see where the application was and if a CO had been assigned and she said it had been transferred again to a QLD office!! And that there were multiple case officers looking at my file. I then called up against to ask a seperate question, but wanted to be aure if what they were saying was true. The next person I spokenwith said they couldnt give me anymore information other than thatbit was stil within the 15months waiting time.

So I emailed partner.visa.qld and I got an email back from an office in NSW?!? Stating that my application would not reach the cue for another couple of months.

I think its possible that Immigration got flooded with applications before the prices went up in January, and they tried to spread those out so that not one office in particular would be overwhelmed. Just a theory!
Can I ask about the email adress you mentioned? And what you write in the email? Just tell them our application number?

Thanks


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com