Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

CollegeGirl 04-22-2014 12:31 PM

There must have been something unusual in your friend's case that you/she weren't aware of. 8 months for PMV to 820 is pretty much unheard of. It rarely takes more than a few months at most - usually several weeks or less.

Oh8'sjustme 04-22-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Hunter (Post 423994)
That's great news MrsGem!!!

I think it's also very important to make the distinction between PMV(300) ---> partner (820) and straight up 820 applications, because I think most of the very fast grants for the 820 (not all but the vast majority) are those that have come from the PMV.

We are at 4.5 months waiting and nothing so far, but we aren't expecting anything for a year or so. We chose not to front load medicals for the reason that we expected a long wait.

Hi Star hunter!
If I may asked you,, does DIAC required medical now for 820 applicant? Thanks

Mish 04-22-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh8'sjustme (Post 424074)
Hi Star hunter!
If I may asked you,, does DIAC required medical now for 820 applicant? Thanks

They have always been required. It is just that when you come from a PMV and then lodge a 820 you aren't required to get new medicals unless asked for them.

ghielyn 05-01-2014 02:14 AM

Good day..
It's been 20 months (20 August 2012) since I applied for partner visa in Sydney and until now I'm still waiting..
21 August 2012 payment processed and given bridging visa A
November 2013 contact immi regarding medical due to hap id number
January 2014 immi informed me that they transfer my application in Melbourne
February 2014 they requested for medical check attached with hap id number (25 feb medical done)
March 2014 allocated a CO and requested for additional documents 28 March of my dependent (2nd week of April submitted all necessary documents)
Lastweek I email immi to ask if the receive the documents but no respond.
So I'm waiting.. waiting.. and patiently waiting.. hay how long do I have need to wait..

Dinkum 05-01-2014 02:43 AM

Hi ghielyn - thanks for sharing your journey with us all. You seem to be making steady progress, even though it is taking a long time. The decision is getting closer. Perhaps, if it takes 2 years, you might get an 801 PR visa immediately. We all have our fingers crossed for you. Keep patient and strong. I'll be watching this thread for your next post. Take care and good luck to you both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghielyn (Post 434249)
Good day..
It's been 20 months (20 August 2012) since I applied for partner visa in Sydney and until now I'm still waiting..
21 August 2012 payment processed and given bridging visa A
November 2013 contact immi regarding medical due to hap id number
January 2014 immi informed me that they transfer my application in Melbourne
February 2014 they requested for medical check attached with hap id number (25 feb medical done)
March 2014 allocated a CO and requested for additional documents 28 March of my dependent (2nd week of April submitted all necessary documents)
Lastweek I email immi to ask if the receive the documents but no respond.
So I'm waiting.. waiting.. and patiently waiting.. hay how long do I have need to wait..


CollegeGirl 05-01-2014 05:10 AM

20 months is a very long time for someone not from one of the highest-risk countries, ghielyn, but it does sound like they're actively looking at your application, which is good. In just four months you'll be eligible for permanent residency. If they take that long to approve your 820, you'll go straight to PR. If they approve it before then, you'll be able to apply for your PR as soon as you hit 24 months since your 820 application. Keep hanging in there.. you'll get there!

ghielyn 05-01-2014 10:10 AM

Thank you so much and hoping for a positive outcome..
I've been here for nearly 5 years, student visa on 2010 in Queensland, then my husband and I start chatting on April 2010, and were in a long distance relationship (his in NSW) but visit us every 3 months in QLD till we decided to live in together and move to NSW on January 2012, got a simple but solemn wedding on July 2012 then applied our visa.. We have a long history, ups and downs and our relationship going stronger each day.. Although its kinda bit frustrating coz its hard to find a job with bridging visa. Were happy and waiting all together..

Dinkum 05-01-2014 10:33 AM

Keep smiling...
 
It sound like your love is keeping you strong and happy while you are waiting. College Girl's words are wise and caring as usual. You have full working rights, so hope you can get a good job soon. Take care... and enjoy Oz. I'll keep watching for your next posts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghielyn (Post 434737)
Thank you so much and hoping for a positive outcome..
I've been here for nearly 5 years, student visa on 2010 in Queensland, then my husband and I start chatting on April 2010, and were in a long distance relationship (his in NSW) but visit us every 3 months in QLD till we decided to live in together and move to NSW on January 2012, got a simple but solemn wedding on July 2012 then applied our visa.. We have a long history, ups and downs and our relationship going stronger each day.. Although its kinda bit frustrating coz its hard to find a job with bridging visa. Were happy and waiting all together..


Dangermouse1 05-02-2014 12:24 AM

Hey everyone,

Firstly congrats College girl, it looks like your visa was finally accepted andyou have got married. Fantastic!

So we submitted my 820 (from PMV) on 28th March in Melbourne. I have received the email stating they have received it and I am now on the bridging visa A. Now playing the waiting game! This time it is so much better though because we are in Australia.

Dinkum 05-02-2014 12:44 AM

Congrats & good luck
 
Hi Dangermous
Welcome to the 820 waiting room. Enjoy Oz together while you show how patient you can be...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangermouse1 (Post 435129)
Hey everyone,

Firstly congrats College girl, it looks like your visa was finally accepted andyou have got married. Fantastic!

So we submitted my 820 (from PMV) on 28th March in Melbourne. I have received the email stating they have received it and I am now on the bridging visa A. Now playing the waiting game! This time it is so much better though because we are in Australia.



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com