Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Dangermouse1 05-02-2014 07:01 AM

Yeah we did ours online but it will go to Melbourne. Hopefully we both hear something soon. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Gerrywins 05-03-2014 01:19 AM

Hey guys, soon as I received my BVA and acknowledgment of 820/801 application I applied for medicare. They just needed my passport and the BVA. Very happy to finally be covered.

Dinkum 05-03-2014 01:25 AM

Medicare
 
Hi Gerrywins - Medicare is a great comfort. Happy to have you in the 820 waiting room. Cheers.... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrywins (Post 436282)
Hey guys, soon as I received my BVA and acknowledgment of 820/801 application I applied for medicare. They just needed my passport and the BVA. Very happy to finally be covered.


mrezk 05-03-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrywins (Post 436282)
Hey guys, soon as I received my BVA and acknowledgment of 820/801 application I applied for medicare. They just needed my passport and the BVA. Very happy to finally be covered.

Hi Gerrywins

Good to hear that your coverd now, your Medicare gonna be only for one year- make sure before it expires to get new one again.
Mine was expired and I havn't noticed. I went to Dr regarding urgent matter and I had to PAY. Don't do the same bro.

You don't have to wait till you get the actual card in your hand to be able to builkbill - call Medicare and they will provide you temepary NO you can give to the receptionist in any clinic she will let you in till you get the actual card.

Good luck with the wait

Gerrywins 05-03-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrezk (Post 436306)
Hi Gerrywins

Good to hear that your coverd now, your Medicare gonna be only for one year- make sure before it expires to get new one again.
Mine was expired and I havn't noticed. I went to Dr regarding urgent matter and I had to PAY. Don't do the same bro.

You don't have to wait till you get the actual card in your hand to be able to builkbill - call Medicare and they will provide you temepary NO you can give to the receptionist in any clinic she will let you in till you get the actual card.

Good luck with the wait


Hi Mrek. Actually the lady at medicare gave me a temporary paper and told me the card will come by post in a few weeks. Also, I asked her whether I will need to reapply for medicare after one year and she said I do not have to worry about that because she has attached it to my 820/801 application therefore once it expires in a year, they will automatically send me another one by mail.

Inkhearted 05-03-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrywins (Post 436546)
Hi Mrek. Actually the lady at medicare gave me a temporary paper and told me the card will come by post in a few weeks. Also, I asked her whether I will need to reapply for medicare after one year and she said I do not have to worry about that because she has attached it to my 820/801 application therefore once it expires in a year, they will automatically send me another one by mail.

They didn't tell me that they did this to mine, and I was surprised to find my replacement card in the mail about a week after my 820 was granted (well before the expiration date of my other card!). So nice that they do that so you don't have to go to the Medicare office again. =D

ramyasharma 05-07-2014 02:55 PM

Hi,

my details are:

Date of lodgement : 27th June 2013
Visa: Onshore 820
Office: Sydney
Case Officer assigned: No
Visa granted: No

ramyasharma 05-07-2014 02:59 PM

Hi,

Missed out some details:

Date of lodgement : 27th June 2013
Visa: Onshore 820
Office: Sydney
Case Officer assigned: No
Visa granted: No
High risk country: India
Decision ready application through an agent.

Dinkum 05-07-2014 03:01 PM

Welcome
 
Hi Ramysharma

Thanks for sharing some important dates and details with all of us waiting here. We lodged our 820/801 about a month after you so it will be very interesting to see what happens next and when it happens. Good luck to you both. Patience is character building... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramyasharma (Post 442018)
Hi,

my details are:

Date of lodgement: 27th June 2013
Visa: Onshore 820
Office: Sydney
Case Officer assigned: No
Visa granted: No


ramyasharma 05-07-2014 03:05 PM

Thanks Dinkum,

Does anyone know application from which month are being processed now? Or someone from 2013 who received their visa?

Patience is a virtue! This wait it getting frustrating as my partner and I live in different cities as his visa is tied to his employer (457) and we have jobs in different cities :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinkum (Post 442042)
Hi Ramysharma

Thanks for sharing some important dates and details with all of us waiting here. We lodged our 820/801 about a month after you so it will be very interesting to see what happens next and when it happens. Good luck to you both. Patience is character building... :)



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com