820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 294

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 294


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2931 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From srilanka

23 likes received
24 likes given
My partner is applying partner visa and I am the sponsor.

Type: 820/801
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Applied: Online, Onshore
Application Date: 23rd August 2015

Have yet heard anything from the immigration.
Uploaded most information, apart from one police check.


Reply With Quote
  #2932 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazey View Post
Thanks JandE. It has been happening for over a week.. perhaps its something our end then. We can log in OK but then attempting to view our in progress assessment gives "An error has occurred. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." But as I said it's been happening for a while so maybe I should try some settings. Thanks!
That had me concerned just then, as I lodged something two days ago.

I just checked if it had gone though OK, and the system says its been received. So hopefully OK.

Maybe its intermittent for some?

My message under "View Application Status" just now, is: "This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue"

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #2933 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 743
Users Flag! From uk

130 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie2404 View Post
Congratulations SMCH, that's awesome! From your timeline I'm holding hope that we'll get ours in October.

Does anyone have a general email address for immi where I can let them know that I will be travelling out of the country? We don't have a CO yet and I don't seem to be able to find any point of contact (apart from calling them which I would really like to avoid).
You have to have a Bridging Visa B to leave the country. You can't leave on a BVA.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2934 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2016, 01:53 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
My message under "View Application Status" just now, is: "This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue"
That is interesting to see that they do update the status. Especially in the 801 waiting thread they usually just go from received to granted (or is it approved I can't remember). Good to know that in some cases it does get changed


Reply With Quote
  #2935 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From germany

7 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
You have to have a Bridging Visa B to leave the country. You can't leave on a BVA.
I'm actually on a 457 visa which allows me to travel and as far as I can see I only have to inform DIBP about my travel or even immediately after my return.

I have sent them an email but haven't received any response, so hoping something might come through closer to our departure date. I just really want to avoid receiving the visa grant while we're out of the country!


Reply With Quote
  #2936 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 04:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From macedonia

46 likes received
54 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie2404 View Post
I'm actually on a 457 visa which allows me to travel and as far as I can see I only have to inform DIBP about my travel or even immediately after my return.

I have sent them an email but haven't received any response, so hoping something might come through closer to our departure date. I just really want to avoid receiving the visa grant while we're out of the country!
Hi aussie2404 I am pretty sure that your 457 visa stays in effect until decision has been made on 820, unless your 457visa has expired or been cancelled. So no bridging visa should be required for you.
And by the look of it, on this forum, if immi needs you back in the country to make a decision on your visa they will let you know.
I think, a conversation with immi wouldn't hurt, coz every case is different. And you probably need to find out if you should send an email to 457 department or 820. The email that I have for 457 is: [email protected]. I assume you will have to contact 820 department, but you need to check that.


Last edited by renekara; 07-18-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #2937 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From germany

7 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by renekara View Post
Hi aussie2404 I am pretty sure that your 457 visa stays in effect until decision has been made on 820, unless your 457visa has expired or been cancelled. So no bridging visa should be required for you.
And by the look of it, on this forum, if immi needs you back in the country to make a decision on your visa they will let you know.
I think, a conversation with immi wouldn't hurt, coz every case is different. And you probably need to find out if you should send an email to 457 department or 820. The email that I have for 457 is: [email protected]. I assume you will have to contact 820 department, but you need to check that.
Thanks Renekara. My 457 is valid until 2018 so I shouldn't have any issues there, we're just nearing the 12 month mark since applying for the 820 and it seems a lot of people get approval without any previous contact from a CO before. We have uploaded all necessary information and documents, including updating our status as we have gone from engaged to married since applying. I would think we could possibly get approved around that said 12 month mark and would like to avoid any complications due to me being out of the country.
I'll email the 457 department, they might be able to point me in the right direction.

pata likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2938 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 743
Users Flag! From uk

130 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie2404 View Post
Thanks Renekara. My 457 is valid until 2018 so I shouldn't have any issues there, we're just nearing the 12 month mark since applying for the 820 and it seems a lot of people get approval without any previous contact from a CO before. We have uploaded all necessary information and documents, including updating our status as we have gone from engaged to married since applying. I would think we could possibly get approved around that said 12 month mark and would like to avoid any complications due to me being out of the country.
I'll email the 457 department, they might be able to point me in the right direction.
If you have applied onshore you definitely have to be onshore when it's granted. Maybe you just need to notify them that you're going away and then they will hold off on granting it until you're back in the country.

Not sure of the best way to do this given that you don't know who you're CO is. I'd kinda like to contact someone at immi too so if you find an appropriate email address, can you let me know?


Reply With Quote
  #2939 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From macedonia

46 likes received
54 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by renekara View Post
Hi aussie2404 I am pretty sure that your 457 visa stays in effect until decision has been made on 820, unless your 457visa has expired or been cancelled. So no bridging visa should be required for you.
And by the look of it, on this forum, if immi needs you back in the country to make a decision on your visa they will let you know.
I think, a conversation with immi wouldn't hurt, coz every case is different. And you probably need to find out if you should send an email to 457 department or 820. The email that I have for 457 is: [email protected]. I assume you will have to contact 820 department, but you need to check that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
If you have applied onshore you definitely have to be onshore when it's granted. Maybe you just need to notify them that you're going away and then they will hold off on granting it until you're back in the country.

Not sure of the best way to do this given that you don't know who you're CO is. I'd kinda like to contact someone at immi too so if you find an appropriate email address, can you let me know?
Hi Arabella and aussie2402,

if you have a look on this forum page 165 someone has contacted immi via email: [email protected]. But I would suggest to check with immi just to be sure 100%.
And aussie2402 I hope you get your visa in the 12months mark.


Reply With Quote
  #2940 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From germany

7 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by renekara View Post
Hi Arabella and aussie2402,

if you have a look on this forum page 165 someone has contacted immi via email: [email protected]. But I would suggest to check with immi just to be sure 100%.
And aussie2402 I hope you get your visa in the 12months mark.
That's the email address I used last week but haven't heard anything back yet. Arabella, I'll let you know if I hear back from either of the email addresses. It's a bit tought when you're supposed to update them about your movements but they don't give you any details how to contact them.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com