820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 342

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 342


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3411 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 42
Users Flag! From uk

6 likes received
2 likes given
Hopefully not long to go now...

Hi, I applied for my partner 820 visa in Feb 2016. Today I received an email requesting completed form 80 and AFP check (didn't need it previously as only passed 12 months mark living in Australia this month).

Hopefully that means that someone has had a look at my application and it won't be too long for me now...

However, I have a question about the form 80 - I was under the impression that I didn't need to complete it (can't remember now where did I get that information from), but now it appears that I do. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #3412 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiedze View Post
Hi, I applied for my partner 820 visa in Feb 2016. Today I received an email requesting completed form 80 and AFP check (didn't need it previously as only passed 12 months mark living in Australia this month).

Hopefully that means that someone has had a look at my application and it won't be too long for me now...

However, I have a question about the form 80 - I was under the impression that I didn't need to complete it (can't remember now where did I get that information from), but now it appears that I do. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks
We had that same request and got the visa the day we supplied what they asked for.

The form 80 appears to be needed.


Reply With Quote
  #3413 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From vietnam

6 likes received
8 likes given
Hi everyone,

My 820 visa was granted after 17 months and 22 days waiting at 7.33am yesterday. I submitted onshore on 28/06/2015 at Melbourne immigration office. Sent my updated police check on Friday 16/12/16 as requested. This may be one of the best xmas gifts ever!

Thank you everyone so much. Hope you guys will get you visa approvals soon.
Now its time for me to collect more documents for the second stage!!

Cheers.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3414 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:22 PM
LadyRogueRayne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,114
Users Flag! From usa

280 likes received
1479 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
Hi everyone,

My 820 visa was granted after 17 months and 22 days waiting at 7.33am yesterday. I submitted onshore on 28/06/2015 at Melbourne immigration office. Sent my updated police check on Friday 16/12/16 as requested. This may be one of the best xmas gifts ever!

Thank you everyone so much. Hope you guys will get you visa approvals soon.
Now its time for me to collect more documents for the second stage!!

Cheers.
Congratulations!! Wow, that did take a while. But now you have it! So that means, in another 6 months, you'll be ready for your 801. Definitely a great xmas pressie! Enjoy!!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Applied for 820: 5 Oct 16
Submitted FBI Checks: 27 Jan 17
Submitted Medicals: 12 Apr 17
CO contact: 18 Apr 2017 Request AFP checks & Form 80
Submitted Requested Docs: 1 May 17
820 Visa Grant: 4 May 17
Applied for 801: 8 Sept 18
CO contact: 26 Apr 19 (call & email/son's State PC)
801 Visa Grant: 13 Sep 2019

Reply With Quote
  #3415 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2016, 05:00 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Hi All,

I have been reading through the forums, and have gained a lot of important information. Thank you for all the information shared here.

Me and my partner will be getting married next year in Australia and planned to apply Partner visa 820 onshore afterwards. He currently has Visitor visa 600 with no 'No Further Stay' Condition. So the plan was for him to come into Australia with Visitor visa, and after we got married, we will apply Partner visa 820 onshore.


We have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years, and we have accumulated evidences like our calls log, flights and accommodation when we visit each other (3-4 times a year), our engagement photos, Church pre-marriage course and also our bookings for natural family planning services. We never lived together due to our culture.

I was wondering if anyone have had the same case with me and had their visa granted already? How was the process going and were there more information asked by DIBP due to the nature of applying while on visitor visa 600?

Thank you in advance for the reply


Reply With Quote
  #3416 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 42
Users Flag! From uk

6 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeboe View Post
Hi All,

I have been reading through the forums, and have gained a lot of important information. Thank you for all the information shared here.

Me and my partner will be getting married next year in Australia and planned to apply Partner visa 820 onshore afterwards. He currently has Visitor visa 600 with no 'No Further Stay' Condition. So the plan was for him to come into Australia with Visitor visa, and after we got married, we will apply Partner visa 820 onshore.


We have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years, and we have accumulated evidences like our calls log, flights and accommodation when we visit each other (3-4 times a year), our engagement photos, Church pre-marriage course and also our bookings for natural family planning services. We never lived together due to our culture.

I was wondering if anyone have had the same case with me and had their visa granted already? How was the process going and were there more information asked by DIBP due to the nature of applying while on visitor visa 600?

Thank you in advance for the reply
I am in a similar situation. I applied while on eVisitor. Came for three weeks to visit my then fiance and decided not to go back for practical reasons. We were in a long-distance relationship more than 2 years before that and hardly lived together before getting married. We got married in December 2015, and I applied for 820 visa in February 2016. But we had quite a lot of evidence including photos, bank statements etc.

My visa hasn't been approved yet, but I was recently asked to supply AFP check and form 80, so I think something is starting to move forward. Will keep you posted.


Reply With Quote
  #3417 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 42
Users Flag! From uk

6 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
We had that same request and got the visa the day we supplied what they asked for.

The form 80 appears to be needed.
JandE, when and where did you apply from and after how long was the visa granted? My police check took less than 24h, just waiting for it to be posted now Then will upload everything and hope I also get approved soon after


Reply With Quote
  #3418 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiedze View Post
JandE, when and where did you apply from and after how long was the visa granted? My police check took less than 24h, just waiting for it to be posted now Then will upload everything and hope I also get approved soon after
The 820 was applied in Australia after the PMV. PMV and 820 combined was 14 months in total.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #3419 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2016, 06:43 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From ireland

12 likes received
6 likes given
Additional information - Is email ok?

Hi,
sorry if this has already been asked but we submitted my partners application in April 2016 and now we are submitting extra information.

We applied by paper not online and received an email saying our application had been received they would prefer us to correspond with their office via email.

I have just read the email and it says ' do not submit extra information via email if you applied online as this can delay your application approval"
I am just wondering if we submitted in paper form do we have to submit extra info by post or can we do so by email?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #3420 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2016, 01:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

7 likes received
I just have a question guys hopefully someone can help me me and my wife got married in june 2015 applied for 820/801 onshore in sep 2015 as i was 573 student in sep 2016 we were asked for more information in nov 2016 supplied all the documents required yesterday 21/12/2016 my agent called me saying that immigration called him asking about an updated passport cause mine has expired 2 weeks ago , is that a good sign or just normal process ? Thanks in advance


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com