Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

izafiris 05-22-2014 01:43 AM

We applied for the 820/801 on the 24th April 2014, online. We are coming though from a PMV 300, and we got our 820 visa granted today. Just under 4 weeks :), by two days

Regards
Ivan

Mish 05-22-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izafiris (Post 457842)
We applied for the 820/801 on the 24th April 2014, online. We are coming though from a PMV 300, and we got our 820 visa granted today. Just under 4 weeks :), by two days

Regards
Ivan

Congrats. Which office did you apply to?

izafiris 05-22-2014 02:22 AM

Hi,
in the Grant Letter its showing Temporary Partner Processing Centre - New South Wales, so i assume that's in Sydney :)

Mish 05-22-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izafiris (Post 457890)
Hi,
in the Grant Letter its showing Temporary Partner Processing Centre - New South Wales, so i assume that's in Sydney :)

Yep Sydney. Maybe CG is soon cause she applied there too around the same time.

izafiris 05-22-2014 02:35 AM

Hopefully CG and all other waiting get their Grant Soon as well :). I guess we just need to keep uploading our evidence as time goes on for the 801 Permanent Visa, as we didn't upload everything yet, we were still uploading things and the visa was granted :)

Regards
Ivan

Swittsexxy22 05-22-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izafiris (Post 457842)
We applied for the 820/801 on the 24th April 2014, online. We are coming though from a PMV 300, and we got our 820 visa granted today. Just under 4 weeks :), by two days

Regards
Ivan

Yay!Congratulations!Approved today as well :).So glad to hear good news today in the forum.

izafiris 05-22-2014 02:40 AM

Congrats Swittsexxy22 :) awesome :)

izafiris 05-22-2014 02:43 AM

Congrats Swittsexxy22!!

johnfm 05-22-2014 03:56 AM

Any insights/advice on the some 820/801 application weirdness?

Applied for the 820/801 29 August 2013 at the Melbourne office. My partner had sponsored his previous partner just over 4 years earlier, so we were asking for a waiver of the 5 year limitation on the basis of our relationship being over 3 years. Also, I'm HIV-positive and had to request a health waiver. Processing time wasn't a major concern, as I'm on a student visa already.

Here's where it gets weird: I'd done all the checks (health, police, etc) well before submitting the application. I was aware that they're good only for 12 months. I called DIBP in January 2014 to see if it was necessary to undergo further checks. They informed me they had no record of my health check at all. After a few hours on the phone with Medibank, I was able to get that sorted. DIBP apologised for the mix-up and said they'd try to to get it to a case officer.

Four months went by without a word, so I wrote to the lawyer who helped prepare my application and asked if she'd heard anything. She hadn't but told me she'd check. It turns out I was assigned a case officer on 13 March 2014, that she was "actively assessing my application," and had received advice from the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth based on my original health check.

This all seems weird to me: assigned a case officer, but not informed of it, and over two months passing since being assigned without ANY correspondence. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

In any case, congrats to all those who have been recently approved! That's fantastic!

Mish 05-22-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfm (Post 458018)
Any insights/advice on the some 820/801 application weirdness?

Applied for the 820/801 29 August 2013 at the Melbourne office. My partner had sponsored his previous partner just over 4 years earlier, so we were asking for a waiver of the 5 year limitation on the basis of our relationship being over 3 years. Also, I'm HIV-positive and had to request a health waiver. Processing time wasn't a major concern, as I'm on a student visa already.

Here's where it gets weird: I'd done all the checks (health, police, etc) well before submitting the application. I was aware that they're good only for 12 months. I called DIBP in January 2014 to see if it was necessary to undergo further checks. They informed me they had no record of my health check at all. After a few hours on the phone with Medibank, I was able to get that sorted. DIBP apologised for the mix-up and said they'd try to to get it to a case officer.

Four months went by without a word, so I wrote to the lawyer who helped prepare my application and asked if she'd heard anything. She hadn't but told me she'd check. It turns out I was assigned a case officer on 13 March 2014, that she was "actively assessing my application," and had received advice from the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth based on my original health check.

This all seems weird to me: assigned a case officer, but not informed of it, and over two months passing since being assigned without ANY correspondence. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

In any case, congrats to all those who have been recently approved! That's fantastic!

It is quite normal for people to have a co and not know it and to not hear from their co until a decision has been made.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com